World PVP = who can be the Bully

This is NOT war , in war you got 2 armies standing against each other or fighting on fronts .

What we got here is Blizzard “encouraging” the act of becoming a Bully . And no it is Not funny and even if WOW was like this since the start ( it was not like this ) , this was a total mistake and never seen again .

There is NO protection for you , Guards are a joke , and if you are low geared they will even stay for a couple more kills since you are an “EZ” target

Welcome to the weekly Become a Bully or get Bullied , You want to Win ? Forget about Honor or fairness , Its a Dog eats Dog world here , Be Filthy or become a digit in somone’s else quest progress .

"TURN IT OFF " ??? I swear i would , just let blizz remove the incentives and i promise you WM ON will be as empty as WOD Zons are now

Another Big Fail in BFA , GG Blizzard

2 Likes

Wpvp? Yet another pve target, if you could go below zero then it would be the skill involved in pvp and wpvp in this game. Not to talk about how you die in 0.5 seconds by a DH who’s a complete mongo and doesn’t know one button from the other.

1 Like

“Oeh extra rewards” -> “wait what?! Why are you attacking me. No fair!!”

It was.

WM and WPvP is not fair. Never was, never will be. Can’t handle it? No problem, you can just push the big button and you are out.

5 Likes

How is the victim being bullied? They chose to turn WM on and experience no rules open PvP.

A better word would be ‘entitled’. Use it in a sentence.

The victim feels entitled to an extra reward with no extra effort.

There, much better.

4 Likes

I remember a few months ago , you were on farm even inside KulTairan City , You moaned about it for months until even blizz mad a joke about you guys at Blizzcon …

Mr. Entitled idiot

Happy now ? , now next time talk to others with respect :slight_smile:

What’s disrespectful about calling someone entitled that turns on wm for reward, but complains about pvp? Seems accurate.

They’ve turned on a no rules variable balance pvp mode to get extra reward, but don’t want any consequences. That’s a pretty good definition of the word ‘entitled’ imo.

This is what blizz say about wm.

“If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode.”

Source: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

3 Likes

Wpvp is dead. It died in Legion. Only thing that keeps it at this zombie state are those kill 25 “wpvp” quest, quests that really are for pve’ers that are too bad to get their conquest in a fair setting where they can’t outnumber their opponents.

Only reason to keep vm on is to some degree counter the extreme grindyness they added.

It wasn’t. Before this expansion (and, well, Legion since it was trash) it was possible to get 1vs1 fights, sometimes they could evolve into skirmishes. Having parties zerging lone opponents as we have today weren’t the norm.

And no, I don’t care what happened on heavily unbalanced servers, they were just a proof of blizzards constant failing when it has came to servers.

Those kill 25 quests should just be removed. The kill 10 quests in zones could possibly stay, but it’s mostly because the harm they cause is smaller than those other pve quests.

Let Blizz remove extra rewards of quests and just keep the Honor , trust me , very few will be left with WM on , even assault quests will turn into another PVE thing .

I do not mind getting killed 1v1 or even 2v1 no problem .

But when 5 people decide to sit on me thanks to sharding and just because Bullying is ok then i think there is a problem

What is the point of getting ganked for 30 min by a group ??? I am in that zone , alone , do my thing and leave , if i wanted to PVP i would que for Arena or BG where its fair numbers . This problem was the reason Blizz decided to give Alliance more Honor and allow them to finish some quests in Raid groups !

Ok here are few EZ solutions for Blizz to look at :

1. Allow players to Turn WM OFF any were not just at rest places + Allow them to turn it ON from all rest places in the game, put a 5 min CD on that.

2. Make the Weekly PVP Kill other faction Members done in Battlegrounds and Arena.

3. Don’t make kills count for people who are in a group .

Nothing disrespectful about it at all. It IS accurate.

2 Likes

These solutions are not needed. If a player doesn’t want wpvp they can simply not turn on wm. WM doesn’t need to be made easier for players just turning on for bonus. They already got the change that allows wm off in rest areas, that’s enough.

WM is intentionally more difficult than pure PvE. It’s PvE+PvP, the bonus compensates for extra gy walks.

You chose to solo a multiplayer game mode. They chose to group up in a multiplayer game mode. What do you have to complain about when pvp flagged players attack a pvp flagged player? Nothing, because that’s the game.

How is it bullying to pvp someone that voluntarily turned on pvp? You made the choice to be ganked in exchange for bonus. You made the choice to stay in that situation for 30 mins. That’s on you. It’s a game.

I am no psychology expert in any way, but I can use Google. This could be a case of ‘Narcissistic Entitlement’. Needs diagnosed ofc. The self centered attitude, the sense of entitlement. That’s probably the issue here, not WM.

3 Likes

I completely disagree with you OP. I think warmode is a great success and I’m very happy with how the weekly quests encourage killing each other while the world quests and invasions bring the factions together in a pretty small area. This is exactly how world PvP should be encouraged, and it’s much better than anything we’ve had before.

Very rarely have I seen completely one-sided pvp stay one-sided for an extended period of time. The enemy faction builds up and eventually you get stomped. Especially when a bounty gets added you get overwhelmed pretty quickly.

I do agree on the guards being too weak. I only joined in 8.3 so perhaps that wasn’t always the case.

6 Likes

You know they’re a whinging horde idiot when they say ally can complete quests in raid groups as if we can somehow hack the game to allow that to happen lol. I lost count of how many times thats been said now it just sums up horde bfa players really

It used to be possible to do AOO in a raid, which led to hilarious wpvp, until blizz shut it down. But somehow, even tho it was only briefly possible, Horde latch onto it. Too lazy to check facts I guess.

1 Like

Hey, argue with some1 who named his alt frozenfur?
Good luck.

1 Like

You know I had enough of seeing a hordie with 5 mobs on him downing a rare and then seeing him and his friends gank me.

I went from honorable to a bully within a few hours;D

2 Likes

world pvp is all about 10v2 , 5v1 etc, never a fair fight. this happens on both sides, they must feel good about themselves killing people in an unfair fight

WM = No Rules Deathmatch, who cares if uneven fight? WPvP is about killing every enemy that you can in whatever way you can. Kill them all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

true WM is a close to no rules deathmatch.
but you are forgetting one thing, is it fun?
now lets make the assumtion there is no quest for kills of the opperset faction AT ALL meaning no call to arms or anything like that, would there be as many x vs 1 as happening now. if the answer is yes then it is ok but if by any chance that the answer is no then there is a mistake in the current path wow is on, the wpvp should happen because you are the opperset faction and i want you dead because of that not for some reward(other then the satesfaction i killed you).

That is subjective.

The PvP quests increase conflict, that’s good for WPvP. Who cares why they fight, as long as they fight. The ones that want to kill for fun kills, will do it regardless.

1 Like

what is fun is indeed subjective, that is why it is asked in the contekst with the kill quests.

and i disagree with it increasing conflict and all it does is making groupes fly around killing solo people for the reward, not necessary for fun and that is a problem in my opinion as something like WPvP should not be fueled by rewards like that, it should be fueled because you want to do it NOTHING else.
so for me it does not increase conflict it decreases conflict as it spreads the people that are in wm for the fun of wm and the danger that is part of it from each other, so instead they should remove any and all rewards from wm at least the likes of kill quests and bonus rewards from wq’s and quests. they could do stuff like TBC where you get bonuses for capping an area.
after that they really should fix sharding and how it works with grouping.