Worst parts of old raids for transmog runs

BWL trap room minus 90% movement speed level doesn’t matter
Tempest kept Kael’thas Sunstrider, takes a week to notice his minons are dead
Mount Hyjal the wave parts to long and boring :stuck_out_tongue:
SoO spoils breaking 15 boxes x 4 just long and tedious

What’s your old raid running pet hates?

2 Likes

The green dragon in ICC. I have to change my essences to do that one, god knows what I’m going to do once bfa is over.

1 Like

Role BM get a spirit beast heal her in one press of button .

DS and RP there.

wished they allowed us to mount up in old raids and skip rpg stuff. some are really annyoing. i absolutely hate running naxx or tempest keep for example. :pensive:

1 Like

I have to say icc, becuse how long it take to get from one boss to the other at times, specialy if you only want to get to LK, I know about having an alt always locked to him, but sometimes that is not an option.

I’ve heard this tale before button.

huh? /10char

It have been options that you can talk to npc and skip certain long intros.

1 Like

ah yeah, that would be great.

Any way to do it without a spirit beast, as I’d rather avoid switching spec for one boss if possible?

Some old fights are just slow and boring… What I find the worst in all old raids, is the horrible movement speed and inability to mount inside. Old raids are just walking simulators where you get mogs and gold for running.

Just the rare occasions where game mechanics enforce another player being present.

But in Shadowlands it’s going to be the Hardcap on AoE.

Not looking forward to spamming an AoE spell 68 times in order to wipe all the trash between bosses.

1 Like

Done over 400 runs in dragon soul over 16 chars through the years, still haven’t got that handmaiden mount but seen blazing drake drop 4 times. Listening to that forced lore and doing spine is worse than anything else in the game.

There being multiple difficulties for variants of mog drops… should be unlocking all lesser difficulty variants on drop to the difficulty you’re on.

Unless you need loot from that one you can just skip it. But bandages work too, just takes a little longer.

Dont kill the packs of dragonkin in the room before and let them kick you to the boss.

2 Likes

Oh I thought it was necessary to access the next lot of bosses. Thanks!

Transmog runs are not really that big of an issue, as collecting a transmog set will rarely take more than a few runs. It’s mount farming that’s tedious.

Kaelthas in TK - spends 90% of the time doing nothing
LK in ICC - long RP
Yogg Saron in Ulduar - takes a long time to reach
EOE - nice and quick
Firelands - well done raid, very low down time and you can even cheese some travel time using alysrazor flight feathers (i use this to reach bethilac directly, skipping all the trash)
Dragon Soul - annoying raid with lots of unskippable RP and two long fights (warmaster and spine). But this one drops 3 rare mounts in total, not just 1.
Throne of Thunder - you only need to clear 6/12, the only drawbacks is the unskippable cutscene (STILL not fixed, 7 years later!) and Megaera being rather long.
Siege of Orgrimmar - i think the worst raid to farm mount ever. Two super annoying fights (galakras and spoils) and immense amounts of travel time. Srsly this travel is worse than AQ40 in here. AQ40 at lease lets you mount up everywhere.

WOD and onward lets you just kill last boss after 4 clears. This is excellent for mount farming, the best addition blizzard ever made to legacy content running.

Use a Vulp, bag of tricks also heals :3 and you can use any class :smiley:

SoO plate pauldrons. Burning throne both Scythes. Emerald Nightmare leather shoulders. Just to name a few mogs :smiley: