Worth it yet?

So how is Wrath-of-the-almost-but-not-quite-cause-we-listened-to-the-loudest-few-and-made-poor-choices-lich-king?

After the RDF flop-tasticly-dumb decision I just stopped logging in but I hear there is a new almost mythic system coming?

If they add mythic dungeons to wrath classic then I could maybe overlook that bad choice with RDF.

3 Likes

If the lack of RDF in phase 1 was a deal breaker for you then I don’t think Classic is for you at all to be honest.

13 Likes

no

/thread

Wrath is fine, actually enjoying the game a lot.
I still can’t understand why people constantly bring up the RDF argument like it was in Wrath from the start. It was added in the ICC patch.

If anything having a system that puts the group together instead of spamming LFG/Trade is so much better, I can live with having to fly to the instance.

1 Like

Yup so far it’s just a 100% health buff, 30% damage buff and a “zone theme” affix, such as Azjol-Nerub and Ahn-Kahet mobs attacks having a chance to web wrap you.

Most bosses drop ilvl 200 naxx-10 loot, but final bosses of each instance drop KT/Maly/Sarth ilvl 213 loot. Sapph iris quest necks drop randomly too

Honestly going to be amazing for catching up a character with that being in the game + 10man naxx dropping 25m loot. Hopefully they build upon it and take it further, could be pretty fun non-raid content

This is a thing? What does 25m drop then?

They didn’t listen to you, though?

No changes to 25man naxx, same loot still.

Lack of LFD means painfully slow levelling, so if you don’t have a max level or a boost available, wait until they fully implement 3.3.

Otherwise, max level depends on the server. Medium ones mean you spend some 5-10 min to form a group, low servers mean you can spend hours looking for a tank.

If you don’t have a guild, you can expect to be declined for raids if you don’t have 4k GS.

That’s kinda it so far.

Have you even leveled an alt in Wotlk? Painfully slow, compared to what? Leveling is super fast in WOTLK with or without dungeons and 70-80 questing is much faster than spamming dungeons in pugs anyway.

And that is not even touching AV weekend leveling.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the flat 10% increase in quest exp heirlooms give in Wrath.
It’s unbelievably fast once you get those two pieces and have a flat 20% increase in quest EXP, my warrior completely skipped Netherstorm and Shadowmoon while questing through TBC content and dinged 80 without having touched Storm Peaks.

It does suck not being able to do dungeons at all while leveling, even on firemaw. My alt outleveled stockades tonight before 5 people even popped up in the group finder tool

Pretty sure questing with flying is better than AV weekend spam even, it’s so good

As things are current, RDF is never coming, even in 3.3.

It was cut from WotLK Classic entirely apparently cause people asked it to be.

It was cut from Classic WotLK because the majority of subscribers expressed the opinion that it would be a bad thing - that it would create toxicity in the game.

The amount of threads dedicated to whinging about no RFD is staggering when you consider that even ‘back in the day’ it did not hit until the launch of ICC.

Some subscribers assumed that it would be in game day 1 and that they could sit in a city spamming dungeons and then go raiding.

Blizz may do an about ferret and introduce RFD when ICC is launched in Classic - many subscribers hope they will not - but that would be timeline appropriate - not before.

Moaning on the EU Forum will not have any impact upon whatever decision Blizz make

1 Like

Citation still needed.

3 Likes

Don’t need any other Citation than the Blue Post explaining why RFD was not being implemented at launch - and you have asked the same question in multiple threads with exactly the same answer.

There is no point debating why you don’t have RFD NOW, because Blizz made it very clear why they chose not to implement it at launch but ALSO added a tool for Group Firing that did not exist at the original launch.

Stop being childish and simple use the tools you have until ICC and then see what happens.

Copied below the Blizzard Post;
Blizzard

Blue Tracker | Official Post

No Dungeon Finder – Players rediscovering Wrath of the Lich King Classic won’t find the Looking for Dungeon feature originally added in Patch 3.3.5. We’ve heard from our Classic community that the importance of social bonds is a big part of what makes Classic their game of choice, and we agree.

That was posted 19th April 2022, so you knew then that it wouldn’t be in the game and why

Which blue post is this, be specific please.

1 Like

We’ve heard from our Classic community that the importance of social bonds is a big part of what makes Classic their game of choice, and we agree.

So absolutely no mention of majority is your citation that the majority wanted it gone?

Gotcha.

4 Likes

You really are worth a laugh - Blizz obviously too that decision because the Majority of Subscribers assured them they would not participate in the expansion without RFD.

No, this isn’t remotely obvious. It’s just feelscraft.

Lord knows they’ve listened to a loud minority before and made questionable changes because of it. See: Cataclysm.

2 Likes