Wotlk classic - changes

Hello. I’m writing this post as a passionate WoW player and i really think that WOTLK CLASSIC desperately needs some changes. Keeping one of the best expansions up to date will improve its longevity and refresh the gameplay. My ideas are divided into:
General changes:
1. Triple talent specialization
Dual talent specialization is a great feature and a big step forward from TBC to WotLK. However any serious PVE player will have 2 PVE specs and anytime they will want to try PVP respec should be made. The same goes with PVP players, lets say 1 spec for arena and the other one for battlegrounds so respec is needed to go for a raid.
Respecs cost gold and some would say it will drive the economy, but implementing triple talent specialization would do the same. Dual spec - 1k gold,
Triple spec - 5k gold. Everyone will want it and making gold to spend on it will drive the economy as well as solve the problem of multiple specs needed. I really think that 3 is the sweet spot.

2. Transmogrification.
Even though transmogrification was implemented in Cataclysm, the game nowadays feels kind of odd without it for previous expansions.
It is the feature that just feels right to be added to WotLK. The rules should be:

• You have to own the item with specific appearance
  • Weapons and armor could be transmogable only to its kind. e.g. Two handed mace into two handed mace only, cloth to cloth only etc. This is to prevent appearance abuse, like two handed weapon into one handed and then you never know if warrior can use spell reflection or shield wall.
  • some ingame currency like honor or gold should be used to make transmogs.
    This will make game more attractive and give additional purpose (besides achievements) to do low level content like Vanilla or TBC raids.

3. No addons in rated arena.
There should be in-game tool that would disable addons when entering rated arena. There are addons that are actually giving players unfair advantage and making game more scripted. Human error is part of the game and addons are taking this part away by for example literally saying out loud names of abilities that enemies used in a pvp scenario.
Removing addons from the competitive parts of the game will reward general
and specific understanding of the game.

Also some specific class changes. I will give one example
Rogue Cloak of shadows should give 100% chance to avoid spells
Reason - the RNG factor from the current stage of this skill (90%) should be removed. No one is expecting to land a spell on a rogue with cloak active, and when it happens it is surprise to both sides.

I have made a tweet about all this long time ago, please consider checking for more details:

Thank you, see you in WOTLK CLASSIC

33 Likes

No addons in arenas? For real? KEKW

4 Likes

I really think there are some addons that break the game and give unfair advantage. Like the one that says out loud ability name when someone uses it. For example rogue preparation has no animation for a reason so you wont see right away that rogue has some abilities ready yet addon says “PREPARATION!”. This take is not only mine:

I also would like to see this. Addons is like using cheats.

I remember back when wow-pvp wasn’t a total joke and they had some small competitions with no addons or anything.

But the game is played for fun so who cares :slight_smile: Im excited for wotlk.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t play the game without addons, the UI is awful, buff tracking is awful. Transmog also ruins expansion flavour, much prefer to see what people are actually wearing. And why not quadruple spec?

2 Likes

Well… I wouldn’t want to push it further like up to 5 specs but have you ever played competitively? Me personally i need 1 spec for MM pvp, second one for surv/mm pve and i would like to play bm pvp so to do this i have to respec couple times a week? Also i have numerous friends that are playing lets say warrior and want to be tank and dps in pve (2 specs) but also needs something to pvp in. I really think 3 is the sweet spot. Transmog ruins expansion flavour? Have you seen how awful relentless gear and ToC gear looks? LOL

Interesting suggestions, but let’s see if developers will be able to solve bots first, before they get to addons)

2 Likes

Transmog was added in WoD not in Cata lol.

this.
and those little pesky bugs, like track humanoids not differing friend or foe.

1 Like

Well ofc there are many bugs:

1. Warbringer talent doesnt affect intervene, you cannot break nova and slow
  2. Pets have 50% hp after dismounting flying mount
  3. Blinkt doesnt work properly very often, travel distance is sometimes none

Yet why wouldnt we come up with the ideas? Because bugs will be fixed maybe untill icc? LOL

2 Likes

the textures looks like trash

Ok no addons only in rated arena. I have changed my mind.

1 Like

Absolute no.

No they added transmog in Cata

3 Likes

That’s why we need it in wotlk. They are already planning to cash grab us in Cata classic becasue “transmog hurayyy” i really think that woltk classic should be expanded not rushed so some additional features will increase its longevity.

they can also add WoD character models in Wotlk classic now we are talking about adding transmog, but blizzard is like noooo, we wont do that, too much work for them apparently

1. Triple spec would be nice to have, 2x PvE, 1x PvP, sadly blizz will never implement it.
  2. Idc
  3. Addons are based on combat log, so if ure paying attention to it you will see that combat log noticed rogue using a preparation. I like current state, if someone is bad hearing that u trinketed blind do not provide a huge value to em.

Yet i really think that there are some abilities that are meant to not be seen unless you have some knowledge about pvp. Like mentioned rogue preparation or even hunter readiness. Readiness has an animation but not everyone knows how it looks like, and then knowing or not knowing when hunter will be able to silence shot you twice its part of a surprise in pvp. Addons that will tell you when someone used something and then when CD for that ability is down shouldn’t be in a competitive pvp. Great players that know the game well will benefit from this, addons is just making it a lot easier. As I said, players far more better than me have the same take on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgUn-Ik4NS4&t=7s

Blizzard does not solve the bots, they ‘welcome’ them.

1. Triple spec - good solution if you want to be raiding and playing arenas in the same time. Being able to sometimes enroll as heal or tank to the raid, depending on the demand and also having separate pvp spec will increase overall game-satisfaction. 5k gold? why the heck not
  2. Transmog? Don’t really care about that one. Maybe starting from Ulduar once all bugs are fixed lol
  3. Addons on arenas turned off after certain rating so glads can show their skills rather than ability to listen to addon. But I’ll leave them on raids and all other, it just make life easier
1 Like