WOTLK dungeons after dungeon finder

With reference to another post.
I remember the days when dungeon finder was introduced.
What i hated was Pew Pew… they dumbed down everything so much that there was no need to carefully pull or CC anything.
Dungeons went from being a very nice part of the game to just a mindless badge farm.

In TBC now, running dungeons with at least a little bit of challenge is a great part of the game.

I hope Blizzard do what they have told that they actually put in a little bit of challenge in the dungeons on WOTLK classic. Its #somechanges, but a good #somechanges

WOTLK was good. But not the last months of the expansion. After the dumbing down and Dungeon finder.

8 Likes

It was the case from start + when 3.3.0 came out was the “end of the expansion” so players were better geared + the huge WOTLK catch-up

7 Likes

No it was not like that from the start. They dumbed it down insanely when they introduced the dungeon finder in WOTLK

1 Like

I might argue that a lot of people dont like this style.

Current Dungeons are also hard (M+) but you still dont CC and split pulls. You precisely use stuns / interrupts to shut down scary casts or abilities from going off.
Singletarget killing each mob cause they hit so hard and CCing the rest is not fun for me, i like cleaving/aoeing down huge packs while still using my full toolkit of the class

5 Likes

I know I asked you in the other thread, but what dungeon nerfs are you referring to? The only changes of old dungeons that I found in the patch notes while/after RDF was introduced was the reduction of boss immunity duration during encounters, because players didnt like to just stand around and wait more than necessary. Other than that, only Occulus got nerfed in patch 3.3.0.

Am I missing something, or why are you insisting the dungeons got dumbed down to adapt to the random dungeon finder?

10 Likes

It was like that from the start; wotlk dungeons were very easy from the get go.

Cataclysm increased dungeon difficulty and everybody cried because they wanted the zergmode back that WoTLK gave.

I’m not saying the dungeons were bad or boring; I quite enjoy them. But they certainly weren’t hard, ever.

4 Likes

The “Luck of the draw” buff which is a 5% indirect nerf.

But, yeah, there isn’t a lot of nerfs in WOTLK. Dungeons were just easy from start.

1 Like

It was actually 5% per random player up to 15%. So a 15% nerf.

The easiness you mentioned was due to introduction of ICC 5pp dungeons. Normals were a bit hard for undergeared player, but they skyrocketed your ilvl and heroics weren’t very difficut after that. That prepaired you for 10pp normals of ICC and 25ppl ToC.

After playing 11months on the Horde I made a break and then rerolled back to Alliance on realm I had good nicknames (This paladin’s name Свет means Light in Russian was Draenai back then). With my Alliance druid and paladin being only lvl 70 and 74 I literally had to start all over in 3.3.0. so I know how it was to catch up during that patch. Most thanks for that goes to my guild at that time.

Was RDF helping? Maybe, but only after gear Ilvl boost that I got from my guild manually gathered groups.

They didn’t dumb it down so much……people just overgeared any mechanics

What dungeon changes do you even talk about? Other people already proved in another topic, that this isn’t true. Why do you keep going with spreading false information?

3 Likes

LMAO you really need to think about this thing called memory. a 10+ years old one at that.
So your saying you liked wotlk before RDF? Then I wonder what you really have against RDF, because:
Blizzard made player power greater in relation to everything else, both dungeons and out in the open world, already at launch. That was made as a step to make the game more casualfriendly.

I think you’re dealing with a ‘classic’ case of misunderstanding the difference between causation and correlation.

5 Likes

i hope they do nothing of what you just said and can rush through the dungeons
had enough of tbc’s fake difficulty with mobs hitting way harder than the bosses

3 Likes

i started a couple days ago going in TBC classic pretty much blind, then i found out there was no dungeon finder tool, so not the classic experience i was hoping for… quit soon after

1 Like

We can go and look at path notes from the time that they added LFD and i bet with you there’s no changes to dungeons
Wotlk dungeons were easy
First of all they didn’t tuned numbers of dungeons correctly because your class was doing lot more dmg then dungeon had health…and you had lot more HP so abilities in dungeons didn’t do much to you
you will see that in WOTLK classic and it’s on every private server bro
they did try to increase diff in CATA but for that they payed the price cause people don’t want challange they want free gear
so in MOP they did what people want completely destroyed diff of dungeons
and then people start yelling and screaming that MOP dungeons are not challening

1 Like

People don’t want a challenge. They just want to complain about easy content, to feel superior. That’s why it was near impossible to find groups for dungeons, that actually were a challenge in TBC Classic.

The thing about Cata is, that it was poor game design. The major critique point of people in WotLK was, that dungeons don’t require CC anymore. I was happy, that we didn’t have to stop before every group anymore and discuss who CCs whom, but apparently some people liked it.
So Blizzard designed dungeons that require CC again in Cata. But with the RDF it was completely up to chance if you even have CC in the group.
I think that’s also where most memories of toxic behaviour in the RDF originated from. Because this led to a lot of frustration and of course people usually blame it in other players. Also people that already knew, that the dungeon is impossible to beat with the group constellation would either afk to get vote kicked or just leave the group and rather take the deserter debuff than wasting time on a dungeon, that can’t be beaten anyway.

Am I the only one who Read

and saw that you’re a lvl70 troll and thought “oh”

Just random thought, mean no harm by it, just thought it came along pretty well. I do agree tho, people want things to be challenging enough without being challenging enough for them to fail. Which is impossible.

I just recreated the character I played back in the day, because it grew on me over the years. But the class changes from Legion, that suddenly made him a pirate somehow destroyed this feeling for me.
I just wanted to do the old content with my old char again.
And when I first created my main char in WoW, I didn’t know anything about the game or racials at all. So I picked a troll, because I somehow thought it looks cooler than the other classes. Plus the relaxed style of trolls fits me very well.

For rogues trolls also aren’t a bad racial. It might not be the BiS racial, but it is a good racial.

1 Like

I’ve played original WOTLK and I can tell you you are just wrong. I remember quite clearly that long before ICC patch people were complaining about heroics being too easy.

With this in mind, blizzard developed ICC dungeons to be way harder compared to launch / ulduar patch. They were so much harder + RP heavy that a lot of people didn’t liked that and would insta quit if RDF dropped them into those.

Long before RDF dropped people were chain pulling dungeons.

1 Like