WOTLK PTR is up for everyone

Just tried it, only to see that you also can’t queue for random bgs from everywhere in the world. Great change, now we’re sure that you won’t be able to do bg’s while levelling outside prime time. This was one of my favourite things in WOTLK. I’m not sure if this is intended or that it still be added, but if it’s the latter then it would ruin WOTLK for me. Not pleased.

1 Like

Maybe these systems are not included yet?

1 Like

Hope so… otherwise that really is rubbish

If it’s removed, then I’m done with Blizzard. It would ruin the whole expansion, because this is what I looked forward to the most. It would basicly mean, no random bgs during levelling outside prime hours. And it’s something that I really loved doing.

I think it’s highly unlikely you will get the PVP version of LFD, when LFD isn’t implemented. In WOTLK original they probably used the same system for both versions.

3 Likes

It doesn’t make much sense, since you need 5 people to do dungeons while you can queue for PvP on your own. It will also mean that there will be no random bgs outside prime hours, maybe not even during those, while levelling. Way to ruin the whole expansion for me personally.

I’m not sure I follow you. Originally you could queue on your own for either a dungeon or a battleground.

At least from a developers view, the structures needed are very similar.

1 Like

I got worried about not finding arena vendors for season 1-3 in area 52. No arena gear for honor in prepatch?

Should have worded it differentlty, the social aspect of needing 5 man to run a dungeon vs queueing solo at a battlemaster. It’s not the same. Queueing solo from a battlemaster has been in the game since Classic. There’s nothing social of being forced to stay at a battlemaster.

If it stays this way then it will mean that there will probably be no random bgs will be done outside of prime hours, perhabs not even during prime time. Most people who are levelling will not stand near a battlemaster, waiting for ages.

PvP participation for battlegrounds went up drasticly in WOTLK when people could queue from anywhere.

1 Like

How many xp you will get per bg win ? 1 bar only i think so removing or not it will change nothing.

It’s not really about the xp, it’s about the option to queue for battlegrounds from anywhere while levelling. Which was part of the orginal WOTLK. added in 3.1. But talking about the xp alone, levelling through bgs was a thing in WOTLK, and this kinda removes that whole aspect. And that is not the orginal WOTLK experience for alot of people.

Well that sucks… Was looking forward to lvl up a bit via BG’s… Dunno really why does that bother anyone if we join BG while questing, or sitting im SW and doing nothing…

Btw you choose “Public test realm (Classic BBC)”

2 Likes

That is a bit silly to say given it wasn’t part of Wotlk until Ulduar.

I am pretty sure they will have it in at launch but it does affect world pvp a lot. Along with dual spec people will be in optimal pvp spec ganking while in queue much more easy.

World pvp ganking can reach a whole new level with that system. I don’t think its a big issue in Northrend though but people in bg queue can do some serious harm on levellers. And when you try to fight back they disappear.

Ah yes, finally. Watching that opening cinematic gave me the Chills this game hasn’t given me in a looong time. It’s good to be home :blush:

I made myself a DK and a level 70 paladin. DK starting area was pretty crowded, it was impossible to do the duel quest (yes, you can duel fellow players too) and did not want to play too much, saving the excitement for the actual game. Stormwind city and Shattrath were very crowded too. It seems like people are really waiting for the wrath. For me, I just wanted to see if the paladin is as epic as I remembered it, and yes, it is! Even more than I thought

You got a point there, but didn’t world PvP died together with TBC? I personally play on a PvE server, because it was impossible for me to lvl in Classic due to not having much time to play then. So i might be wrong about world PvP.

Does anyone remember if Wrath 3.3.5 had the auras about your character when your signature class abilities triggered? They aren’t on PTR currently and I really can’t recall if they were in late wrath or only in cata prepatch…

Yeah it did and wotlk is 10 times worse (in the sense that it basically doesn’t exists). World pvp is not really a thing with flying and phasing. We do get Wintergrasp though so maybe the pve servers will be the ones who get the most world pvp.

But on fresh we will get A LOT of world pvp for a couple of weeks and also for a couple of days when Northrend opens.

I do get that for fresh servers… But if you wanna quest, you can’t avoid WPvP anyhow. In the other hand, if you wanna do a BG match here and there, you are not able while questing because you need to run all the way to the nearest Battlemaster… You mentioned someone can teleport in mid of fight to avoid it, its true. But also he’s gonna spawn later on that same spot, so he’s " available " for wpvp again. My main problem with them not allowing to queue up from the open World is that that you are forced to stan in front of some NPC and wait till you find a match. You can’t farm any mats / rep items, nothing. For example if you do Botanica now, you got the options to Herb there, fsrm rep and get that item you came for in 1st place. Atm for BG’s its not the same. Like k said, you stan in front of that NPC just so you can get a little Honor points. You cant do anything else…

And I had been agonizing over not being able to find that dang-blasted test realm. Wanna copy paste an answer from Wowhead for others as dense as me!

Player 1 said:

I don’t have Public Test Realm (Classic) listed I have Public Test Realm (Classic BCC) and Classic Season of Mastery PTR listed?

Player 2 answered:

It’s Classic BCC

Player 3 agonized:

Why the bugger could they not say so. I’ve been looking for days re-installing and tinkering … !

Well, I never got to the re-installing stage, byt the buggering and tinkering. Yup.
Hope this helps.