WOTLK should be the classic benchmark

The community wanted to make Vanilla and TBC look more like WOTLK, but Blizzard is actually making WOTLK look like Vanilla.
I have no words…

12 Likes

I actually think they should have released all three - classic - tbc - wotlk - as Vanilla - no phases no boosting - no exp increase - people would still be playing avidly since 2017 or whenever it was. Of course, they might have needed to hone somewhat ie no need for Naxramus and made it so that everyone had to be at lvl 60 to pass through the portal to TBC and 70 to get into wotlk realm, maybe even a trinket dropped for all participants on a successful clear of Blackrock depths that you had to have in your inventory to get into TBC and one in a TBC dungeon or raid at lvl 70 to get into WOTLK, these trinkets may have been sellable on the auction house but only buyable at lvl 60 etc . This would stop people jumping the content to some extent. Also, add a raid finder across realms and a dungeon finder across realms so unbalanced server players could actually get the content done.

Remember that levelling is not really game play but merely doing the content, MMO’s only have aspects of gameplay within them - such as raids - arena’s - battlegrounds maybe a card game or such. You see people dont understand that a game to be a game has to abide by the definition of what a game is - A game must have a start - an end and a winner or a group of winners. Levelling is merely levelling. Vanilla classic was doomed from the outset, it didnt have enough gameplay content ultimately, and waiting for phases/patches to drop was tedious.

2 Likes

They altered RDF, there won’t be built in quest helper and alike. They are doing EXACTLY what people claimed were the big wrong decisions in WoW history. Wherever it’s due to vanilla nerds making such decision or just to measure “you think you do but you don’t” it’s hard to tell right now.

But it will be curious to see if players degrade the “social” dungeon finder and group making. And Questie is already top 4 downloaded addons :wink:

1 Like

Yes, and I have been using it since day one of Vanilla. But they have the recipe for the bext expansion ever, and they modify it so it becomes worse…
Vanilla and TBC for instance would have been so much better with dual spec. Instead, they remove RDF from Wotlk… We are taking the wrong direction, again.

6 Likes

There won’t be one good formula and there is always something that could be improved or done better/different.

I’m not sure who would be responsible at Blizzard for current Classic policies - is it spite from “you think you do but you don’t” or some naive exec gathering “data” from forums from past 10 years to determine what Classic/vanilla is?

Damn the nochanges folks were right all along. The second Blizzard felt confident making “some” changes they go ahead and butchered an entire expansion.

13 Likes

does not exist. There’s as many ides of how Classic should look as there’s players :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which community are you talking about? Because I, my friends, my guildies and everybody I’ve played with certainly didn’t. >.>

5 Likes

To me WotLK Classic still looks way too much like retail. I don’t know what community you’re talking about.

1 Like

Go back to SoM and let the grown-up discuss

Says the guy that think Classic would be better with dualspec and RDF lol.

2 Likes

WotLK was the addon with the largest playerbase of WoW history. It’s widely considered the best addon among WoW Fans and it has the most private servers running it.

Blizzard: “Hey let’s rerelease this addon and remove every feature it introduced. Bet players will love it.”

I hope the player numbers in WotLK will show them how wrong this decisions are. I definitely won’t play that mess, because private servers provide a better experience for free.

6 Likes

You are right. Because of those dumb classic andies.

1 Like

You are just part of a very vocal minority. Most people liked the vanilla style most, and this is why Blizzard chose to do so.

5 Likes

No you are the vocal minority. Why have there been much fewer private servers of vanilla served TBC content even before WoW Classic and TBC Classic were a thing?

Because it’s just a small amount of players that value the experience those games give. WotLK was an improvement over Vanilla and TBC in any aspect and the player count and the fact, that until this day it’s the most played version on private servers, proves this.

Maybe you don’t like WotLK or the new features it brought, but that definitely isn’t tbe opinion of the majority.

9 Likes

Ok, so Blizzard goes through the effort of making changes, just to piss off the majority, is that what you are saying?

What do they gain by that?

Because they are incompetent. That is the thing with incompetence. An incompetent will deliberately make wrong choices while believing they are making the right choices. If there is no one above them to stop them they will continue making bad decisions until the consequences of their bad decisions hit them in their face, probably once they realize they won’t gain what they believe they expected.

They don’t believe they are pissing the majority with those changes but that is the problem with reality, believing you are doing the right thing is not enough for that to be true.

9 Likes

Yeah, yeah so you think they are doing that just to piss off everyone. Sorry, but, this is stupid.

The more money they get the better. Dunno why you think they would sabotage their own game on purpose just to annoy the playerbase.

Stop right now. I do not tolerate you lying about my words.

My words were clear. They are doing this because they are incompetent and it is weird that you respond to me without any mention of anything I said. The only one who has said they doing it to piss everyone is you, it is your worst, not mine. Even if you try to impose on me your words they are still yours.

So, if you don’t agree with them being incompetent we can argue, but I won’t enter your own argument that Blizzard do it deliberately to piss player, something that for some reason on this topic you are the only one that it is both proposing and attacking the argument. Which is weird, I have no intention to help you argue against yourself.

But why do you make your own argument and try to use me to criticize yourself is beyond me.

6 Likes

They are either incompetent.

Or they have to prove their existence and change stuff just for the sake of changing it.

Or they have to rub their ego “They know better what classic WOTLK is”

1 Like