WoW Classic Era 1.14 PTR

We’ve just opened the WoW Classic Era Public Test Realm (PTR) for version 1.14.0, which is now available for testing. While 1.14 does not include any new testable content, it’s important for us to establish this version, since it accompanies recent server-side and infrastructure updates that have been made to the World of Warcraft service.

Thanks in advance to anyone who logs into the PTR and submits bug reports using the in-game bug report tool (default hotkey: F6). We expect to apply this patch to WoW Classic Era during a standard weekly maintenance period in a few weeks.

34 Likes

And in the process of doing this you restarted the LIVE classic era servers making us lose all the worldboss loot that we had in front of us…
Thanks…

Maybe you could merge the classic era PvP servers like we have asked for instead of rebooting the servers to get a PTR up that “does not include any new testable content”?

To be clear: What you need to do is to merge all the following server into one instead of two:

7 Likes

What does this mean for Classic Fresh? Do you have anything new to share? (timeline, planned changes, if any, etc)

6 Likes

Im not able to copy my character to PTR…
It just says “Please wait … Copy in progress.” and nothing happens.

Seems similar to the issue they had in this thread:

4 Likes

Nice to see activity!

Very curious about what it contains. Stability and clean ups?

1 Like

couldnt agree more. Same has to happen to the european servers.

We are bleeding out there. Its now already the 4th generation of players that completed the leveling process and quit the game short after because its almost impossible to establish raid groups in endgame content. If all of the previous generations stayed, the server would already be full again, but on the way it is now we are dying a slow dead over there.

Or to put it into words Blizzard understands: You are loosing the 4th generation of paying customers! I understand that you guys currently have a lot of other problems but while fixing the problems in retail and TBC takes time and a lot of effort for your programming team, the issue with the ERA-Servers requires no additional programming effort and no further testing. Just Merge all the European Servers together and you will stabilize your player base (and your revenue …)

Is it really so hard to understand? What do we have to do more that your management understands it? Do you need some return on investment calculation here in the board? Does the community have to prepare some powerpoint presentation for your management team?

5 Likes

Perhaps to be clear, that issue concerns PVP servers.
The PVE era community is up and running quite nicely.

1 Like

Not sure how it is in europe about the PVE. My server is indeed PVP.

Honestely, as more I am thinking about whats going on at the ERA-Servers, as more angry I get now after been patient for quite a while. The people on those servers are the most loyal and easiest customer that any company could wish to have. We play a 18 years old game even by knowing its strengths and weaknesses very well. We need no updates, no special support and no extra customer care. But Blizzard kills us either by purpose or by disinterest.

Since the beginning of the ERA-Servers we told you guys what we require and we did not even receive any response or feedback to it. I currently still have 8 subscriptions up and running, but honestly … my patience is running out now. Do something now, or never!

3 Likes

Now imagine playing on a german PVE Server. They merged 2 of the 3 existing german PVE Servers, the largest and the smallest.
The other one is still alone and has about 1-3 active Horde players. No comment on this from the blues.
I still dont get the point on this move :joy:

2 Likes

I am playing on a german server (PVP) too. Have to see day by day how players quit with frustration. I cant understand why a company acts like this, especially in a time where their revenue is breaking in. You would expect that someone in the management try to stop that somehow and make some research how it could be done.

If at least someone would give us some feedback why they dont help us, then the anger would at least be a bit reduced. Something like “We wish we could merge your server to rescue your community but we cant, because…”

But nothing since months… just nothing. Instead we can read in the news that fresh server will come up. How exactly should that help us people on the ERA Servers? It rather looks like the community will be split up even further with that step. Some of us paid a lot money for cloning. I bymyself have 8 accounts and all chars equipped with raid gear by spending so much time in it.

Does Blizzard expect me now to start with all of them fresh and run hundreds of hours during dungeons again just because nobody reads what we write here in this board all day?

Omg lets go!!

I’m fine about doing test and report bug but : what do we need to test ?

Give us Classic FRESH please! Hype gets real.

7 Likes

merge the classic era pvp servers please

2 Likes

I was waiting for months for the day it would be possible to see classic servers full again, making whatever dungeon at any time in a matter of minutes.

Classic wow is my first ever mmorpg and i fell in love with it immediately and yes i was born in 1984.

Its a great game and thats why for the first time i pay the same game every month

for the first time i pay the same game every month
for the first time i pay the same game every month
for the first time i pay the same game every month as i intend to do it forever.

Now image that i could buy a game every month at steam.

Please merge all pvp servers ASAP

And Just like u said:

"Our goal is to maximize the opportunities for Classic Era players to establish strong communities and carry on enjoying their way of play. We hope to see healthy populations of connected realms for Classic Era players, and we’ll continue to monitor and consider further connections in the future.

and we’ll continue to monitor and consider further connections in the future.

1 Like

“…We hope to see healthy populations of connected realms for Classic Era players…”

“…We hope to see healthy populations of connected realms for Classic Era players…”

No you don´t, 5 months and counting.

3 Likes

I beg of you Blizzard.

Please connect the two PvP EU Realm clusters so we can get raids going, right now raiding Naxx is not on the table due to struggling population. There is no reason to have us spread around like this when we can come together and do something and enjoy the game.

I remember you said the following

“Our goal is to maximize the opportunities for Classic Era players to establish strong communities and carry on enjoying their way of play. We hope to see healthy populations of connected realms for Classic Era players, and we’ll continue to monitor and consider further connections in the future.”

we’ll continue to monitor and consider further connections in the future."*

What happen to that?

1 Like

We can still not copy our characters to the test realm, since it just says “Please wait … Copy in progress.”

It is amazing how you can post a topic like this and then just leave it without coming back reading or communicating at all.
I mean a simple “ok thats odd, we will try to solve it” would be enough but there is just a void of communication here.

Why do you even ask us to test things if you are not reading the basic fundamentals that we are telling to you. We cant even start the test because we can not copy our characters to the test realm…
All you achieve is to make people irritated by your post because it confirms the lack of interest from the people we are paying for a game that other people created before them. Are there even employees at blizzard anymore or did everyone leave and got replaced by bots?

4 Likes

Lets all clash together on fresh :heart:

1 Like