WoW Classic Era Realm Connections Coming May 19

Wait, we’re not getting the prepatch before the 19th, I thought we’d get it the same time as US cause of the TBC C release being global. Ah well, it’s only a day less I guess… :confused:

Lamp post car green!

My guess is that we’ll have (*) around. Forcing a mass-rename to unique names seems to me unlikely.

So all current servers will be connected until the1st as well. Cross realm was one of worst things Blizzard had done as It destoryed server communities. I wish they would just merge servers.

3 Likes

Does this effect PVP ranking? I mean are all these grouped realms competing with eachother in the ranking system now?

1 Like

Cross realms is not the same as connecting realms, and it’s not until the first, it will be forever on the Classic era realms, TBC realms are not being connected. This is as close to merging as you can get, without all the disadvantages of merging.

I would hope so. There won’t be enough players otherwise for the top brackets to become available and you’d never be able to get r14.

HW was already a wasteland.

1 Like

HW is the best of them.
Great community and none of that shiit (gdkp etc) that other servers seem infested with. Last month there has been some increase in boost-for-gold shouting but very little compared to other servers.

Would be great if HW could manage without merging with others but perhaps it will be necessary.

7 Likes

Here’s to Hydrax :beers:

I’m really worried that our Classic Era server will become a complete ghost town, especially Horde side. I want to continue on to TBCC but I also want to level new characters on Classic Era Hydrax. I hope that merging won’t be necessary, but I think that it will eventually happen.

please murge Zandalar tribe with other servers it will end up having 5-10 ppl on it and it will be unplayable

2 Likes

What about non-English realms?

2 Likes

Won’t all be servers be Classic forever until the split happens on the 1st of June?

As far as I know, Classic forever will be the current patch we have, whereas TBCC will move on to TBCC pre-patch, with belf/draenei, new talents etc. So the actual split will happen on the 18th and Outland will unlock in June.

ok makes sense. Time to send all of your gold to your main then just incase you might buy Classic Clone in the Future

Rip server communities.

6 Likes

No, they spilt after the pre-patch update, the pre-patch TBC and Classic era (forever) realms. You can’t even log into the game without choosing which one to play on.

I think the connections will stop that happening.

Just keep in mind that the first time after pre-patch that you log any of your characters, you will have to choose if the specific character will stay on Classic, move to TBCC or be cloned for $$. So once pre-patch hits, any character that stays on Classic will not be able to move to TBC and vice versa. Not sure how the cloning will work though.

They take a snapshot before the pre-patch and you pay and your character goes to both TBC pre-patch and Classic era (Forever) realms. IF you pay afterwards the snapshot gets copied and you lose any thing you’ve done after that.

I’m sure we explained that in your thread, the one where you understand it an complain about it.

I don’t recall making a thread about cloning… I think you’re confusing me with someone else.
Still, thanks for clarifying.