WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details

I’ve seen you make this case a few times now and I’m wondering where you got this from?

Blizzard hasn’t said anything about only tuning the early raid (MC/BWL) bosses. What it has said is

We’re increasing the difficulty of raid encounters, restoring raid mechanics removed in early iterations of certain encounters

My interpretation here is they are adding back in some boss mechanics that were removed for whatever reason but doesn’t make any suggestion that it’s only for MC/BWL

No, I assume the playerbase itself will want to farm these instances as efficiently as possible. Source people who use WeakAura before going to aq40 in the current version of classic because they want as little bug ladies as possible.

Which would be entirely correct if this was a one time thing, but as soon as season one is over season two is going to start. As it stands there seems to be very little incentive to play sub-obtimally.

I don’t rate your post because I value any input.

How many casual or even semi casual players do they think will get to the end of SoM1 having only done MC/BWL/ZG and then sign up to start again fresh in SoM2

I don’t know who this is aimed at. Do enough sub-payers enjoy levelling that much they will happily do the same thing again? I have 8 lvl 60+ and 5 of them were boosted. I haven’t got time or the will to grind 0-60 multiple times over and over

I’d be all for it if it didn’t have a set end date like Classic 2019 release

1 Like

“While we strived to bring a faithful re-creation of that release, many raid encounters turned out to be easier than the first time”

"With that in mind, we’re planning a few changes to make those early raid bosses pack a bit more of a punch, and attempt to recapture the original challenge they presented. These changes currently include (but are not limited to):

• World buffs (like Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer and others) disabled in Raid instances
  • Restoring mechanics that were removed early on to some Raid bosses
  • No boss debuff limit (up from 16 debuffs in WoW Classic)
  • Increased health on bosses, to offset player buffs and the removed debuff limit"

My interpretation is based on this.

No, I assume the playerbase itself will want to farm these instances as efficiently as possible. Source people who use WeakAura before going to aq40 in the current version of classic because they want as little bug ladies as possible.

For sure. Although, the majority of guilds can not or don’t have the will to stack a specific class (e.g warriors).

Which would be entirely correct if this was a one time thing, but as soon as season one is over season two is going to start. As it stands there seems to be very little incentive to play sub-obtimally.

Assuming Naxx is released after 12 months, there has to be a ~3 month leeway of progression, reset farming and eventual player decline being too much leading to era transfers etc. A fair timeline in my opinion, but I prefer Classics launch to Naxx taking 15 months.

On the other hand, if the intention is to release phase 6 at month 10… I’m not onboard.

He got it from the… official announcement…

With that in mind, we’re planning a few changes to make those early raid bosses pack a bit more of a punch, and attempt to recapture the original challenge they presented. These changes currently include (but are not limited to):

You can design whatever you want but it all flows down the drain if you refuse to deal with the enormour botting problem in your game

3 Likes

Who it’s friendly for or not has nothing to do with being flawed. It’s fair because the amount is fixed. Items could cost a veteran all his DKP letting a new player outbid him next time. Sounds to me like you never had a fair DKP-system in your guilds.

Or every player the same class as you holds all their points because every one wants the same thing (KT mace).

Makes points all about who joined the guild first or the alternative is you can spend all your points on something else and then you’re effectively giving up on the chance to get the most prestige item in the game (for healers)

That’s if you assume that early raid bosses just applies to MC/BWL. WOW is 20+ years old so you could easily make a comment about early raids which applies to the first 2 or 3 expansions. Yes we’re talking about Classic but it makes no sense they’d only make adjustments to a couple of raids and not all of them in Classic

“While we strived to bring a faithful re-creation of that release, many raid encounters turned out to be easier than the first time” - referring to the entire of classic

“With that in mind, we’re planning a few changes to make those early raid bosses pack a bit more of a punch, and attempt to recapture the original challenge they presented.” - now you’ve jumped to the conclusion this only impacts on two very specific raids?!

1 Like

Lets be real people will play this for around a month two at best then the population will fall off a cliff, Instead of giving us re-worked old content which is 17 years old any chance we could get content that is actually fit for the 21st Century.

Thanks

Blizzard plz! If u want to bring back old/deleted/reworked ability of bosses plz do also rebalance of classes, so finaly ret paladins and feral druids can find their spot in raids!
Coz right now in classic wow we have mostly meta of :warriors, rogues ,mages!
Rest dps like paladins,druids,shamans are 99% ignored in raids!

2 Likes

I just can’t grasp why wbuffs would not be in place. It leaves the field open for everyone to play however they like. This is literally gatekeeping for no reason. You can create your no-wbuff guild in a wbuff environment. Guilds have proven this in the past already

7 Likes

Feels like naxx gonna be a sh*tshow if they don’t increase the loot, buff some classes or even changing some tier set bonuses. Increased HP and more mechanics on bosses without wbuffs seem troublesome (don’t get me wrong I love it), ppl had a hard time in naxx on some bosses without wbuffs. But it remains to see what kind of impact no debuff limit has.

Oh no! Does that mean that not everyone who wants to or deserve it will be able to kill all bosses in Naxx?

What do you take as ‘early raid bosses’ to mean with regards to Classic, ie, from MC to Naxx? Bearing in mind MC and BWL are raids from the first half of PvE content (released in phases 1 and 3 of 6 phases).

It could include Onyxia, but I think it’s fairly logical to assume it would not count raids which open in phase 4 and later of 6 to be counter as ‘early’.

I can only assume you’re either being intentionally obtuse to choose to argue about this or, excuse me, a little bit slow to not be able to make the logical assumption I made above.

All classic raids are early raid bosses. There are over 70 raids in wow over 20+ years. You’re choosing to interpret the comment about early raid bosses to only apply to MC/BWL.

Believe what you want, but don’t make cute comments thinking you’re smart when you’re making an assumption that isn’t fact

I agree, and also make felwood a neutral zone

You do realize a fresh server is something that is requested a lot by the players? Just look at the era forums, or are you just trolling / voicing your own opinion while making it sound like your is the only viable thing to think?

So now you must be either trolling, being intentionally dense or haven’t stacked enough intellect irl.

Why on earth are you making the comparison to raids from other expansions when this is clearly talking about raids in Classic.

The update was in the Classic WoW section for crying out loud, under the heading of ‘WoW Classic Season of Mastery Coming Soon’. Blizzards’ comments on changes relate to this product specifically - I can’t believe I’ve had to spell this out!

Given that all comments about changes are talking about Classic raids (the first line under the heading of ‘Raid Boss Updates’ cites Classic WoW specifically - and again this is all in the Classic WoW section of the forums, in a thread about Classic season of mastery) OF COURSE they are talking about early raid bosses in Classic.

As for thinking it is MC/BWL I would add Ony to that list. Any other raid bosses in Classic are happening in the second half of the scheduled releases and I therefore wouldn’t class bosses in the second half of the release as ‘early’. Pretty logical though of course still an only an estimate. Now please, stop with the ridiculous comments about ‘early’ being relative to all later expansions when all comments here are specific to Classic - MC to Naxx. It’s always disheartening to see people stick to their silly suggestions and then double down when called on them.

2 Likes