WoW Classic: The Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Returns

WoW Classic: The Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Returns

The roads in Northrend are icy and fraught with danger. To help you continue your adventures in Wrath of the Lich King Classic, players will get the benefit of the Joyous Journeys experience buff*, which will increase experience gains by 50% for all players through level 80!

View Full Article

16 Likes

Thats great news! Whole lotta players who are willing to raid on even more characters, now if only you would take a patrol through some of the zones and get rid of the horde of Death Knight bots :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

7 Likes

Thats great… but does this mean we’ll soon be able to use our boosts etc on fresh servers too?

3 Likes

There has been so many terrible changes but I can get behind this. Helping more people get to 80 to increase the pool of potential raiders cannot hurt. Would’ve been better with other features you cut and changed at the start, and perhaps this is too late, but better late than never, I guess.

1 Like

Omg thanks, i was forced to up a reroll for the split raid for my new guild -_-
This will save me with my full heirlooms stuff

2 Likes

Good. Excellent even. I am on a verge of actually playing an alt. Maybe. Eventually.

3 Likes

You only need to open fresh servers for transfers and keep firemaw / gehennas locked.

3 Likes

Pity there’s still no choice in levelling methods, quest or gtfo.

3 Likes

I wonder if it stacks with PvP call to arms, imagine AV weekend with 50% xp buff. I mean i still prefer a dungeon finder… but beats questing in some aspects.

2 Likes

I mean, if you can stand doing AV with as many bots are in levelling BGs now I guess.

I don’t see it being effective due to how terrible bots are at actually winning though.

1 Like

The best lvling i did is :

• Fresh serv Wotlk rate x1 with lvl 60 lock for 2 months, next 70 2 months. It was awesome
  • Fresh serv Wotlk rate x7 lvling in spamming RDF and get 3 lvl per dungeons (decreasing ofc)
  • Fresh serv Cataclysm with big xp in bg and get 3 lvl per bg win (decreasing)

You can be sure in 2022 that 80% the players will choose the way where there is the more action.

Who want to being forced to do quest in 2022 after did it 20 times in 10 years.

lvling in bg on cataclysm (if the rate xp is high) is so awesome man, so awesome.

I don’t disagree, WotLK was easily one of the better levelling experiences around cause you could quest and do BGs or dungeons from anywhere and be back to your stuff when that was over.

Variety is good.

2 Likes

YES! Finally. I look so forward to this.

1 Like

More like the Cata experience because from launch WOTLK had non of that.

Queuing from anywhere was introduced in 3.1.
XP in BGs was introduced in 3.2.
RDF was introduced in 3.3.

I’m not gonna argue that it shouldn’t be in Classic from launch (except RDF) but what you describe wasn’t really WOTLK per se and more of the “leveling alts at end of Wotlk getting ready for Cata” experience.

Halfway through WotLK do you call end? Because 3.3 came after a year and WotLK whas still going for another year.

2 Likes

Yeah I do call the last major raid phase of an expansion the end of that expansion.

Will you not feel like ICC is the end of WOTLK Classic when we get there? Even though it may last forever depending on if we get Cata Classic :man_shrugging:

Half of WotLK had all of that.

2 Likes

What you describe was part of all the Cata experience.

It wasn’t part of the major WOTLK experience unless you started playing late in WOTLK.

Cata survey has already been sent out, if there is a good playerbase left by WOTLK`S end we will 100% have CATA. Not much was that wrong with cata either, but some few changes could make it a good expansion

Ok, and?

You’re in here saying “when ICC hits and I’ve done it once I’m done with the game” meanwhile I played through all of the OG so I had all of that crap for half of the expansion.

Meanwhile, you’re the one being catered to for some god knows what reason.

2 Likes