WoW Classic Update Schedule and Free Character Moves

Lovely that the layers will be gone, but i do wonder how the realm transfer will help us on Pyrewood Village. Should have made it alliance only for the transfers. Any reasoning behind that?

There will be 2 times loot drops (if 2 layers).

Btw you can skip the part about 2 times server pop because the size of the casual pop have no influence on the x2 drop rates that only few server top guilds will be capable to benefit from. In other words: the more ā€œsharedā€ across larger pop the drops are the more they will end in the same few hands (the most hardcore ones across the whole shared pop).

Yes of course. And rigthly so as we have at least twice (three or four times the population is actually more realistic) the population of the Vanilla servers. Twice to population will naturally also lead to more Guilds eager for the drops form Worldbosses. So if layres were still there, any worldboss in dupliacate would be killed at both layers simultamneously. Leaving no reason whtsoever to 'hop. And giving more guilds a chance for toe loot.
While I donā€™t care for worldbosses for a long time yet, I DO care abut the playability of the ohter zones.

You fail to realize that the world bosses are not on static but dynamic respawn timers, anywhere between 2-4 days. with multiple layers, you effectively decrease the time of the respawn by half. Serverwide still maybe not an issue, but bgā€™s are crossrealm. That means that a single realm server vs a multi realm server, the players will have more oppertunities to get gear suitable for pvp, and crafting recipes and thus more availability and lower price of the crafting items. It creates an Asynchronous situation, that is deprimental.

1 Like

So, the only mention of PvE servers is that the most overcrowded one gets free transfers to the least crowded one, both with multiple layers still. Very curious to see how the queues pan out and hope you are ready with extra resources if need be. Obviously you have all the numbers so hopefully it will be ok.

Ofc some of the PvP servers are even more crowded, but there are still a few servers with medium pop unlayered. Time will tell. :slight_smile:

ā€¦ hope you mean ā€œDetrimentalā€ as the last word :wink:
And yes. I did not know about the dynamic respawn - As I said, Iā€™m not into worldbosses :wink: But still I would suspect all layers of one server having Worldbosses spawn simultaneously.
And Iā€™m only talking about PvE realms. not PvP realms.

You mean Pyrewood Village => Nethergarde Keep? Thatā€™s ridiculous. If Nethergarde Keep (my main server) is the LEAST populated server Iā€™d hate to see the other ones.
We need more PvE servers, not transfer to already existing ones!

6 Likes

Why is Hydraxian Waterlords always ruled out as a realm to transfer to blizzard?
Because we are an RP realm?

Sorry but we are medium pop you should be opening transfers up to our realm, especially for the Horde

3 Likes

Why its not possible to transfer from Transcendence to Celeberas? We had no opportunity to start on a RP-PVE Server. Now there is one, and me and my friends really want to switch the server. We would even pay for it.

1 Like

Bosses can spawn together but itā€™s impossible to force bosses to die at the same time :slight_smile:

In any case itā€™s terrible idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tuesday, 12 November ā€“ All Realms to One Layer

With restarts at 3:00 a.m. CET on Tuesday, all WoW Classic realms will be set to a single-layer. We expect some realms listed above to experience long queues after this step. We especially encourage players on Firemaw , Flamegor , Gehennas , Golemagg , Lucifron , Mograine , Sulfuron , and Venoxis to use the Free Character Move service to avoid excessive queues.

Gehennas --> Noggenfogger
Noggenfogger is only active during wednesdays around raid time, rest of the week its impossible to find grps for 5 mans.
Listed on the discord servers there are a few who wants to make this move.

Also open up more alternatives for ppl at Firemaw , Flamegor , Gehennas , Golemagg , Lucifron , Mograine , Sulfuron , and Venoxis should be enable to move to any other server except those listed above.
Encourage enough to make a move then.

3 Likes

Dude, paid transfers were available back in vanilla. They had a CD on transfer, 60 days till you could transfer again.

Are you serious? I know its possible because all the other days, hordes are camping BRM :smiley:

But honestly I have seen so many horde around it is kind of surprising why you are not able to make a 5 man group.

These transfers need to be faction specific youā€™re going to create even more faction imbalance!

1 Like

Why did u put back bloodfang on the list???
Server is fine, dont need more!
Maybe it will destroy the even faction splitā€¦

2 Likes

Stop these free transfers to earthshaker, ffs. people had their chance to move here for almost 2 months. Make a new server to deal with the one layer fallout tomorrow and onwards.

2 Likes

ā€¦ and the same goes for the PvE realms. Transferring people to Nethergarde Keep from Pyrewood Village is pure idiocy, Nethergarde Keep is already crowded with 2 layers.
Do open at least 2 new PvE realms, please!

6 Likes

Let us transfer from Lucifron and the other PVP realms to Celebras RP-PVE.
I started on Lucifron because there was no RP realm!

2 Likes

Yup, I totally agree, there has been nothing but neglect from day one. :frowning:

2 Likes

Does this require server reboot?