WoW Classic winning PC GOTY is a bad thing

Not because WoW Classic is bad, i’ve definitely played and enjoyed it longer than any other game by a giant margin but because it’s not a new game.

The consumer couldn’t think of a current year PC game that is better than this.

And think about it, these awards are meaningless. Developers wont care, they will see WoW Classic and say “our game made much more money”

The only good thing about it is that it shows that we care enough to vote for it.

It isn’t a bad thing.

It’s a message of the gaming community that we like more the games which demand efforts and don’t reward you just for being online 24/7 doing trivial things the whole day.

It tells companies that they should start again aiming at doing games that will last for several years and not just be surpassed by the next iteration of it after 9-15 months.

Quality over quantity.

2 Likes

Like I get what you’re saying but im not so sure the companies etc will hear this message

Interesting. I’m not sure what to think about it. Instinctly it seems odd to me that they’d give it to Classic since, as you say, it’s not a new game.

However could you link where you read this? I tried Googling but got some completely different results because language.

It’s golden joystick awards, which apparently dont have a website

www.gamesradar com/world-of-warcraft-classic-pc-game-of-the-year-golden-joysticks/

Edit: fell into slag pit while writing this

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.