WoW Constantly Crashing with DirectX 12

Hello

This issue started popping up in the past few days where WoW is constantly crashing with Error 132 with the Access_Violation message. Sometimes 2 minutes after launching the game, at other times I can play for 20-30 min before getting a crash. I managed to raid yesterday for 3 hours with only one crash, however it seems that sitting in Valdrakken or a major city seems to crash my game quite quickly.

Fixes I’ve tried:

• Full Windows reinstall (Windows 11 Pro)
  • Fresh installation of WoW (No addons installed)
  • Latest Windows updates and driver updates
  • Sfc /scannow
  • Stress tested all components using Intel XTU (All tests passed)
  • Disabled any GPU and CPU overclocking
  • Using DirectX 11
  • Can play any other game with 0 issues

The only thing that seems to work is using DirectX 11, however with the massive performance loss this is not a long-term solution to the issue.

DxDiag: dxdiag 15/03/2024 - Pastebin.com
MsInfo: Msinfo 15/03/2024 - Pastebin.com

Any insight into the issue or potential fixes would be highly appreciated

1 Like

I’m no expert but try checking your GPU driver. Might even have to use an earlier version if the latest one broke your game (at least until the manufacturer makes a version that fixes it assuming that’s the problem).

Things you can do is test memory overnight test cpu overnight
NVIDIA drivers i think have issues with vsync currently try disable that in game and in control panel.

Make sure sure PSU is stable as well, but perhaps not overnight do it while you are keeping an eye on it using occt.

try testmem5 for testing memory which does not take that long depending on amount of ram.

cpu test try occt but do memory test first.

Easier to fix an hardware issue, or in some cases work around driver issue if its caused by vsync for example being broken, then issue with game you be at mercy of the devs, not to mention other users reporting similar problems.

Its most likely to be driver issue or memory issue, if no idea if you already previously tested stability im making this comment under assumption you haven’t yet.

Last time i played on NVIDIA gpu dx12 was a mess in this game due broken shaders, that get bandaided by NVIDIA usually late into expansion and re appear each new expansion launch, which still exist today, so maybe try dx11 even tho it runs much worse

They should probably fix the corrupt shader issues.

The issues started happening on the previous Nvidia driver, so I updated thinking that it could be an outdated driver issue but it is still occurring, so I assume that is not the root cause

1 Like

I have done all those tests just not overnight, so that might be the next go-to. I do have my doubts that it is faulty hardware as every other game/software runs just fine. As I wrote above regarding DX11, the game does not crash while using it however it’s around a 20-30fps loss for me so I’m hoping there is more than just a bandaid fix to the issue (such as using DX 11) due to the loss of performance.

Saw more users report issues as well so i would check if the error matches, especially if it happens since around march 4/5 ofcourse not talking about Radeon users in this case that been going on much longer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.