WoW Freezing Randomly and GPU Drivers resetting

First of all this topic is purely informational. As of now I no longer seem to experience the problem. I am thankful for Tech support team Yorcoril & Ixzal for their detailed and quick replies. None of the suggestions worked but helped me find the culprit. That is why I am opening this topic because I could not find my solution among the forums.

If you are using Nvidia Graphics and experience random freezing in open world or dungeons for 5 to 30 seconds, your graphic drivers reset and all assets reload. Sometimed give 3D Acceleration could not be started error; the culprit may be

drum roll…

GeForce Experience. Not only the overlay, but the program itself. I don’t know the reason behind it but I could trigger the same problems as soon as I installed Geforce Experience again. When I removed the program (including registries) it worked properly again.

Again if this post seems useless, I don’t mind deletetion but if it helps even 1 more person I’ll be happy.

Thanks all, have a nice game.

1 Like

The GeForce Experience program has been known, for a long time, to cause problems with games. Not just WoW, but quite a few games.

The problem is, a lot of people refuse to believe that its GeForce Experience thats the problem, and assume it MUST be the game.

1 Like

So you’re saying the game don’t have any performance issues?

The game has issues but this one was the source of my problem. I just put it here so people would see GFEx could cause the problem

This sounds very similar to what happened to me today. I made a thread about it. Did you also get this nvlddmkm error in your Event Viewer?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.