WoW is not pay to win

JK - just buy WoW token sell on ah and buy boe corruption gear you need…

What a shame Blizzard.

25 Likes

How is buying a gear winning at the game? Like you have always been able to buy gear even in vanilla, alongside with raid boost which is like considerably more “pay to win” than measly gear.

4 Likes

Could you stop complaining? Blizzard doesn’t need triggers to become real p2w or even cosmetics store. This game is cheap, and the next cheap option I know is runescape, which already adapted cosmetics store. Blizzard has nothing to be ashamed of in terms of p2w. If you would take your head out of your *ss you could see that. Stop trying to run down a company that does minimal moneybaiting. I wish I could mentally scream at every person in the world about this but limits of humanity.
This would be pay2win if there was no possibility to farm the gold for it and top gear would be sold in-game shop (perhaps in a loot-box to maximize the potential profits).

3 Likes

That’s the only feature, I love about wow. It reveals blizz scummy nature.

U cam get basicly like one item, maybe two… And while i agree coruptions are powerfull, scrub with good items will still be scrub, so aint gona change much realy

2 Likes

Literally each and every game these days allows it . Single player games like assassins creed these days allows you to buy boosts to finish the game early … Overwatch allows you to buy loot boxes to get skins faster . So yeah the whole gaming industry is like this .its not just blizz .

Every country had school shooting but not mine! Lets grab a gun~

I dont care about other companies~ evil is evil.

2 Likes

Yeah evil but acceptable demon in video game industry

Except in classic you had to play the game to earn the gold to buy an epic item from the AH not simply use your real money to get it. Also, the power increase from an item in classic is much smaller than the power increase you get from an item that’s higher ilvl and has powerful corruption effects e.g. buying rank 3 twilight devastation giving you a massive boost when it comes to aoe fights and m+ dungeons.

3 Likes

Lol again this topic.

Yes, corrupt system too broken and boes that have broken corruption effects, people can feel: “yeah look, its p2w, just need to buy 20 wow token to buy a 4million gold 475 item”.

Boes ever since in vanilla, and were in Legion Too, strangely noone ever called wow p2w that time.

Not classic, vanilla.

Either way, you are (and were able to do 15 years earlier) to buy pretty much everything, mounts, gold even whole accounts without playing the game for a single hour.

Unless you want to pretend RMT doesn’t exist and blizzard has been fighting phantoms for these 15 years.

4 Likes

People are trading retail wow gold exchange to classic gold a very long time already.

Soo classic p2w too?

1 Like

Vanilla or classic my point still stands. Also, “buying” everything in game was an extreme rarity and resulted in severe punishments. Don’t make it sound like it was the norm like it is right now. 95% of the people who got their gear and progress back in the day did it because they played the game not because they bought it. The scale at which this is happening is insanely larger. All you have to do is log on retail, open up trade chat and look at what’s written in there. It may as well be named boost chat.

1 Like

Cos classic doesnt offer boosts kekw.

Just for your info, boosts existed in vanilla too, just much lower numbers.

Some mmo websites even advertise irl money boost for classic wow too.

1 Like

It doesn’t “stand” lol. People been buying gold/progress/rankings everything since the beginning of game.

1 Like

I’ll emphasize again. The amount of people buying progress now compared to back then is a waaaaay more. Back in the day if you bought your progress especially with server communities you would be looked down upon and people wouldn’t want to play with you because they knew you lacked skill to actually play the content. You only did yourself harm within the server community if you bought progress and power with real money plus the fact that buying gold in game was illegal at the time too. You’re trying to make it sound like it is normal when it wasn’t and it shouldn’t be.

1 Like

No, and no. You made up some claims without backing anything. I personalny know people who live from boosts from TBC. Demand was always high. High enough to be really profitable.

4 Likes

You are right. But that still doesnt make the game p2w. Also the 95% u mentioned fails too. Most people on my starter server example in vanilla (on arathor), most people had dungeon or pvp gear. Raiding gear were only around 15% or best 20% found on players.

It’s true less people raided but an overwhelming majority of people who did raid actually played the game to get their raid gear. I personally didn’t learn about raiding until tbc and most of my gear were from pvp and dungeons until wotlk where I started doing raid content.

2 Likes

Please share with me your friends bank account statements to show me how much money they made and how “high” the demand was since you make it sound like your personal bullsh*t is real claims xD

1 Like