WoW Is NOT Pug Friendly

And That is a good thing!

Goodevening Everyone!

I’ve seen many topics here on the forum about the exact same thing.
How LFR is too hard( I’ve seen them pop up, especially, at the start of the expansion and people still cant do lfr the easiest content in the game)
How people cant find groups for M+ Because their RIo score is not high enough.
How People in Pug raids just leave after one wipe.
And the lost goes on.
Its almost like the intention of this game is to be enjoyed with friends and guildmates not as a solo experience where you pull other people into your game just because you have to.

When you truely are angry, or sad, or annoyed by Pug groups maby its time to think. Are we playing the game the way its intended? And is that a good thing?

The thing is. The End game content, HEroic Raids, Mythic Dungeons, Mythic raids etc. Its not content that you are suposed to do with random people you have never met. The point is to form groups of friends who work together to achieve a goal.

That goal can be many things. Killing a raid boss on Normal, Heroic, or Mythic Difficulty. Its not something you’re suposed to do with random people. Dungeons above the Mythic Tier is not solo content, its not content intended for completly random people. You’re suposed to think about making a good group And you have Addons that help you achieve that goal, Addons i may or may not agree upon but thats of a completely different topic or discussion.

If you want to experience the game solo, Then it is time to accept that you will never be able to do the higer content, or expect to fall flat on your behind multiple times.

I know the complaints about Raider Io Etc will continue on into shadowlands, and people will complain heroic/mythic is to hard again people will blame addons like Raider io. But the thing is. Its you, not the community, not the toxic players. You are not playing the game the way its intended.

Anything above LFR and RDF( Random Dungeon Finder) is group content for friends and guildies. Not for solo players you can try it but Dont have high expectations for more challening content. And thats not the Pug groups fault, Thats not Blizzard or the meta. Its you, Just you

3 Likes

They forced players to find guilds and play in it or find more friends and communicate. Coz no matter how awful expansion wasn’t, people will login and pay coz of social. Simple and always work.

Its not Forced this is an MMORPG. Massive Mmultiplayer Online Role playing Game! Yet people insist on doing alot of content solo and then cry about it when it doesnt work out. Blaming blizzard, Blaming the Game, blaming Raider io when in reality its their own fault

6 Likes

Wow is solo unfreindly game and newbie unfriendly game. Search something here is almost the same as search a new work.

1 Like

U know what when i first time started to play this game - everyone guild i joined want me as a donor for alt split raids or for buyers raids run to gear up who paid them cash. Every PvP focused grps want experience and achi, every guild thats have progress good logs. If i wasn’t guy who WANT to play an MMORG i would go out it in 2 weeks.

If blizzard ever makes mythic raiding cross realm and without a save, pugs will finish the entire raid before 90% of the guilds

1 Like

This is genuinely the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

You’re massively underestimating how hard mythic bosses are at the start of a tier.

1 Like

Well, it always was like this.
Buy the game, level up your first toon to max, decide what you want to play (raids, M+ or pvp) and join a guild / community focused on this. Doesn’t have to be a mythic raiding / glad rating guild, especially for your first experience. But a guild, even a simple heroic raiding guild where you meet some friends, do M+ together, do some BGs together. And don’t drop out of a key after 1 unlucky pull resulting in a party wipe.

Playing this game single-player is extremely boring. Good content pieces for single player are few and far between (green fire quest, thunder king scenario, mage towers, visions before you’re grinding them). Most of the content is menial mob grinding and running between objectives.

And PUGs are for filling up gaps your guild might have, eg its summer and they’re out so there’s no raid. So you go into a curved pug with 470 req and clear it effortlessly. You never progress in pugs, its a nightmare. Takes 3 times as long as guild progression cos people are leaving after 1 wipe and you spend lots of time replacing them.

1 Like

Finally someone sane.

I’m not sure your a qualified judge of sanity

Details details

Coz its unfriendly thats why players play it as single, pugging and so on. When i started to play swtor for example players invite me everywhere, for WZ(BG) RWZ(RBG), raids, just to talk, do a lot of events and so on - there was no boosting, no buyers, no rating(if we back in days) and nothing thats can destroy social things. WoW like a job - u login and work, then logoff, sleep, stand up do your main job, back at home and login again and do the second job.

2 Likes

You’re playing against the computer. It’s not hard.

I have to agree with this, i don’t think WoW has ever been more PuG friendly than it is right now. Even if you play without a guild and without dedicating yourself to a time-schedule of a raid team, you can achieve so much! And that’s good!

But for the sake of character progression, there has to be more difficult content, that by definition will not exactly be PuG-able. And that’s also good! Because it encourages the creation of in-game communities.

So in conclusion, yeah, you won’t be able to complete 100% of the game solo, but there’s still a large and rewarding portion of the game accessible to you, even if you do decide to not guild up :slight_smile:

Pug friendly?

2 Likes

Its very easy to end up in guilds which dont have progression… and its very easy to end up in a situation where ur work hours conflict with the ability to Play at the same times others are running content

i wouldnt exactly blame them in every case tbh.

Actually, it is not me.

It is the people who refuse to use their heads and show their true selves when in pug.

And the “leaders” who only want players with apriori knowledge and content completion - a problem that exists irl as well.

I despise guilds. Because, there are too many people who can’t understand what a leader truly is, also their members are little more than internet friends…

No game is Pug friendly when it comes to mechanics needing to be understood, some games only on the surface seem generally more friendly / easy going cause for example with guild wars. The “hard content” only really there is fractals, raiding and some strikes. Which require you to be at a point of the game where you will know what you’re doing before you can even start them properly, basically, when it gets to the challenging ones atleast.

Whereas with WoW, the minute you leave heroic dungeons/LFR Raiding people immediately start flopping and showing their inability to play not only the game but their class, and thats where it shines the earliest.

Hence why pre-requisities such as raider . io, curve, x-pvp rating exist. As a means to show you have been to that level of play before during current expan.

1 Like

Ive pugged two alts to completing +15 every single week this whole patch. High rio was no goal on them, +15 for the chest every week was, and had no problems with it.

Stop telling people “you are not supposed to this and that blabla” based on your own preferences.

Play with your wife and your mother only for what i care, but dont tell people succeeding in pugging endgame content is impossible (Cause its not) because they are not supposed to (also complete bs)

You sound like closet-classic-fanboy with your “I prefer this and that so you are supposed to play it by my means”-ranting.

1 Like

But pugging is terribly easy. Unless you are going to late m raids or above +18 is much easier to pug than to be confined to a guild or time. Pugs clear heroic raids much faster than heroic guilds, because pugs dont tolerate bad players.