WoW is P2W - Do you agree?

Every player has to decide for themselves how they want to play the game. The question is, is it an advantage to buy your consumables or do you actually enjoy relaxed time in the game herbing and making your own potions. It is all very subjective.

You call it farming/grinding, others enjoy their sundaymorning coffee relaxed flapping around in the game, do some WQ’s, kill some rares, pick up some flowers and make some healthpotions. We’re not only in the game for that raid achievement, but also for the World of Warcraft. Which also rewards quite some gold.

You do you, but do not make an advantage for you and advantage for someone else. Everyone needs to decide where they find their fun in this game. And when that is collecting pets and pet battles it is collecting pets and pet battles.

1 Like

Your sentiment is irrelevant for the discussion. Can you buy gold? Yes. Does buying gold allow you to achieve end game goals without having to grind anything? Yes.

1 Like

So? When that is how you want to play the game then that is fine? You are making your own fun in the game. I am not judging. But to my game what you do makes no difference. You do not win anything and you do not win from me.
I only made in this topic some remark about pvp-boosts since in that mode you actually win from other players.

But also considering you probably do not need gold at all for those endgoals. Or almost nothing. You really can get your curves or ksm without any flask.

3 Likes

And that’s perfectly fine. It may not bother you but it doesn’t change anything. Buying gold allows people to achieve anything within the game without having to put any time or effort into it. Also it can have a direct impact on your experience. Lil bro buys 8x +10 dungeons and then joins your group and wipes the party 3 pulls in a row.

2 Likes

Literally never happened to me. Theoratical cases. And when you are really in doubt, use the website.
It is like those theoratical posibilities of people grieving M+ by instant leaving the group when the key is in. In the meantime since legion i have thousands upon thousands of M+ runs and it never ever happened to me.

Most M+ buyers won’t join pugs, because they know they are a liability. They buy the boosts for the mounts, or weekly, or Vault. They don’t buy boosts to suddenly start pugging.

1 Like

I literally said it in my post.
People use gold to skip different part of the game.

This question is subjective and irrelevant. You may or may not like picking up flower with the morning coffee.

The question is:

CAN you buy gold and skip the picking up flower with the morning coffee if you happen to dislike the activity?
The answer is not subjective.
The answer is yes.

You CAN pay to skip activities that you dont wanna waste time on but need for other reasons ( play other activities, cosmetic, gear or whatever else).

The answer is yes. I didn’t debate that. I debated it is an advantage and it is a choice to make for everone. And it has nothing to do with winning.

I can also just ask my friends to get a curve run and get curves for free. The question is do i want that or do i actually dislike doing that. Everyone makes desisions for themselves and play the game how they like.

You didn’t even read what they defined the meaning as just from you typing this statement.

This would still be covered by the " give you an advantage over players who do not spend money:"

I still don’t understand why anyone would do this.
If you don’t like a certain part of the game; ignore it. It’s fine to not have everything.
Nothing of importance is lost if you don’t. In fact; I believe that your gaming experience will be enriched because you’re focussing on playing the parts you like.

1 Like

I bought full mythic raid carry with loot,not to mention every week keys where i just afk at entrance,it works like leveling boost i bought.

1 Like

Because you keep putting random example that miss the point, you cant make a point if you put 2 players with 2 different goals into the example because it makes no sense.

2 players, both can play WoW 4/5 hours a night for 4/5 days.
Both want to raid Mythic.
Player A has “0” gold, player b has “infinite” gold via token.

Player A need to invest some time into keeping their gold balance up to buy consumables (or invest time into farming them), need gold/time for prof and need to spend time into doing keys. That besides the raid time.

Player B can just swipe the card, buy the consumables, get carried in 20s, buy mats for crafted gear. And be ahead of the other guy ve

So yes it is an advantage.
Just because player C does not care because they dislike raiding does not mean that it is not.

You can of course in some case unless other part of the game you enjoy suffer from it.

You sure can play without consumables but why should you if you can just put 20 euros,and buy them if you can?

1 Like

Congratulations!!! You have seemingly won World of Warcraft!

1 Like

thanks,i also bought wow tokens,idk what i payed to win but i won!

1 Like

Until that person steps into an actual raid and the team see that they have no clue and bench them. Dont think i would feel like i “won” if that happened.

Why are you comparing players? These 2 players completely play for themselves the way they enjoy. There’s no advantage that 1 player has over the other. They just play the game how they want to. There’s no competition between these 2 players.

I am not even going over the argument how easy it actually is to make a little play gold in the current version of the game.

1 Like

Gold is SO easy to make ingame. If someone buys it, it’s because they’re lazy. Pure and simple. So I’d argue that that person doesn’t have an advantage; they’re disadvantaged because they have that character flaw that’s holding them back. :sweat_smile:

But even with all that said: Them buying those consumables with ‘bought gold’ doesn’t give them an advantage over someone who just bought them with gold they made from playing or who crafted the consumables themselves.

A good example would be collectors and completionists and PvP.

Because a lot of them don’t like doing PvP and will profusely ignore it.

And then there are those who really want the Gladiator mounts and the Elite transmogs for their collections, but they also don’t want to do PvP.

It’s time-consuming, it’s frustrating, it’s difficult. PvP sucks, right?

So they just buy carries in PvP.

That way they still ignore the part of the game they don’t like (PvP), whilst at the same time collect the rewards they desire from it (mount, title, transmog, etc.).

All it takes is gold.

I mean… the game has a shop with mounts and pets that are not even achievable in the game itself. When that is the definition of P2W then it is P2W.

1 Like

Because it is an MMORPG and not a single player game.

Social hierarchy and what you have achieved matter in an MMO.

Or is it an MMO? RPG?

2 Likes