WoW is P2W - Do you agree?

But he was a great friend, otherwise his guild mates wouldn’t have invited him despite the fact that he wasn’t a very good player.

Social bonds. Another staple of any MMORPG.

1 Like

No.

You don’t have much of a choice when you’re a guild speaking Swedish only, recruitting only swedish-speaking players that were on your realm. You don’t exactly have an abundance of players to pick from.

I’m glad we all agree that token is a p2w feature. I’m closing this thread. Ty.

1 Like

I like the over-arcing plot and am curious to see what it ends with in the World Soul Saga.

The familiarity of it as well, I think. Sometimes I just want to relax and chill and turn my brain off and do something that’s familiar, and then it’s more appealing to launch WoW and complete some quests than it is to install a new game and sit there for hours trying to learn how it works.

That’s about it, I think.

1 Like

Well put.

The amount of people asking “why do you care what others have?” speaks volumes. They think you might be jealous, when in fact we want the world and the achievements in it to matter. But when you say that, they think you want to be special and deny this right to others…

Equity and current prevailing political stance has crept up on video games too over the years. Even in video games is meritocracy not prevailing.

If the only thing that matters is my personal feeling of fulfilment, then I set myself above the world I play in. The world and the means with which something can be obtained comes second. It is narcissism par excellence. Is WoW an MMORPG still?

1 Like

I’d pose a curious question:

If Blizzard makes WoW 2, does anyone hope they’ll include an Online Store with microtransactions and a way to buy in-game currency with money?

Is that something you want more of in video games?

Because it sounds like it.

2 Likes

But why though? serious question i do not get it. Real life and people bonds mean so much more then a title or a pixel you are making far to much of a game and really you should not.

I think Sinaaki has a great view on the game and the proper way to look at it.

I dont want more of it. And if they removed the token tomorrow i would also be ok with that. I dont mind the shop or the token, but i also wouldnt mind if it goes away. It would just mean i’d have to spend some extra time now and then to farm some gold. I have bought 1 token in the entire DF so it wouldnt make much difference tbh.

Because the ultimate fantasy of MMORPGs is to be the hero.

And being the hero has traditionally come from being the accomplished player.

Now Blizzard practically sells you a hero bundle on their Online Store for 20 bucks.

Here’s the fantasy of any MMORPG in a nutshell (you can watch the entire episodes if you need further education, they’re good fun):

And less known, but same fantasy shown:

That’s the essence of MMORPGs and what WoW had but no longer has.

1 Like

I wouldn’t. 400k for 20 eur is a smoking deal. No way in hell I’ll ever farm gold again. Not worth my time. Tbh it blows my mind that some people played this game for 20 years and they still force themselves to play modes they dont like (plunderstorm for example) just to get cosmetics cos they can’t deal with fomo even though they have 14.000 mounts and 300000 transmog pieces. get help.

In the current state of the game i make that 400k in 1 month by just casually play some world content. I didnt do the exact math, but that 400k can be enough for playing the whole expansion.

But how does that help with real life it does not all it does is soothe an in game ego from what i can see. Surely friendships and fun mean more then a title or pixel the game is meant for fun that is all, some players make it mean to much and that is does not sit right with me.

And I can buy a couple of tokens and avoid doing world quests. Feelsgoodman

1 Like

Everyone wins!

I’m so engrossed in what I’m doing, I rarely ever notice anything.

I guess I zone out to them being players and see them as NPCs :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

2 Likes

Nobody cares.
That’s the point. Because it’s meaningless.

And if you’re doing it to pretend to be something you’re not; then that is extremely sad.

I dont get it either, but im not a collector (no im not gonna delete my account to prove it like someone suggested yesterday) so im not the target audience for FOMO. I got to renown 3 in plunderstorm and then stopped, and most of those were played by my 10 year old who loves fortnite :laughing: i didnt expect to enjoy remix, but that was fun so i ended up playing it. Not for the collectibles but because i was having fun. And as long as tokens exist i will buy them to cover my costs for repairs, consumables and enchants cause i dont find farming gold to be fun. So i pay to skip that content.

1 Like

It’s not a binary question, it’s a nuanced question based on subjective judgement of scenarios and situations.

The answer is to an extent yes, because you can enter your credit card details, buy gold, purchase items that make your character significantly stronger. You can also buy services from other players, but that’s where it gets into a grey area, because you aren’t really winning if you’re not even taking part.

One thing is without debate and that is that gold in large quantities can significantly ease progression, and is necessary to compete at world first progression level.

Reported for account sharing. Well yeah I actually enjoyed remix and I boosted countless people through heroic raids for free, lol. Going at zoom zoom speed, doing 15 mil dps was fun. I ended up getting every single cosmetic, toy, mount too xdd
Did you think about adopting a 30 year old kid? I could use some more gold.

1 Like

I think you are allowed to let your kids play on your account, but i might be wrong.

And yes, remix was alot of fun, have gotten the collectibles i wanted and done the mythic siege so i feel kinda done with it now. Looking for something else to play, havent found it yet.