WoW is P2W - Do you agree?

Yeah, no one cares about the Trading Post!!!

1 Like

Those Transmog and Traders Tender Bundles were restricted so that they could only be purchased with money. No gold or Blizzard bucks allowed.

Blizzard don’t want your effort, they want your money.

1 Like

I mean. You didn’t even answer the question.

Why should it bother me in the first place? People stop buying stuff for months because there’s nothing in it and acumulate tons of tenders to throw at the TP when the time comes for them while I’m always low on tenders, so why care about a handful of extra tendies from the shop?
Just set some poririties, freeze an item, wait till next turn because I’m not gonna stop playing WoW for quite some time and the TP rotation is relatively short? :dracthyr_shrug:

Next.

You really expect an answer when the answer would undermine the whole argument…?
You must be new here

Really? I will take your word for it then and give a point. I seriously never did cared tenders or bundles so I assumed that they worked how everything else works in that shop.

It’s because it’s a silly question. So you get a silly answer.

Obviously a lot of people care about cosmetics in the game and therefore the Trading Post is quite popular even if it doesn’t give an advantage in terms of player power.

The fact that people desire the items on the Trading Post means that they also covet the currency needed to buy those items.

And that means that Blizzard can make money by selling that currency.

Which they do.

Most of your replies come under this umbrella.

Yes, people enjoy cosmetics, throw in a bit of FOMO and that it’s all earned through in-game activities, so why wouldn’t it be popular?

Blizzard using predatory business practices is a disgrace, they are aware people have a serious lack of self-control, but the TP provides no in-game advantage

Or does it?

Hey Forums, V-Sauce here. I could argue it does when the transmog contest is back up.

1 Like

Thats a weird stance coming from you. I’m not sure you want to die on that hill.

I don’t really obsess so much over this specification.

Because just as there are lots of players who care more about their item level and dps logs, so are there lots of players who care more about their transmog collections.

So singling out one part of the playerbase and saying that the business practices that apply to them don’t really matter, because the other group is unaffected by it, and they’re the ones that really matter.

That’s kind of spitting in the face of all the players who care immensely about cosmetics.

So as I said before, then this is my view:

Because that applies as much to player power as it does to cosmetics and anything else.

And there’s no need to belittle the motivations of one type of player, like cosmetics could be, and elevate the motivations of another as being superior to that. Like why?

1 Like

You know what? Remember this sentence from the OP?

You know what you are doing? “Defending” the “reality of WoW’s P2W” while there is a complete lack of this reality to the hypothesis, that WoW has P2W elements.

Neither of you have provided ONE example for a P2W situation, even in your “definition” of P2W.

1 Like

I didn’t make this statement. Perhaps it is time to stop twisting words. I don’t care who it targets, predatory business practices shouldn’t be employed by any company, ever.

You insinuated that it’s okay for Blizzard to tear into the wallets of all the people who care about cosmetics, because cosmetics aren’t player power and player power is the only thing that’s sacred as far as what constitutes P2W.

I think that’s disrespectful to people who’s motivation for playing World of Warcraft is to collect transmogs and mounts and so on, that it’s okay that Blizzard just exploits their passion, but the same shouldn’t hold true for people who care about item levels and dps logs?

The hypocrisy…

1 Like

No I didn’t. Learn to read.

1 Like

Clarify what you mean with this:

Why does that matter as far as P2W is concerned? Is it only P2W if it provides player power?
The person who plays for cosmetics and looks at an Online Store filled with mounts and transmogs and Tenders isn’t looking at a P2W scheme because it’s not player power?

Is that your distinction? And if it is, how isn’t that saying that the interests of one segment of players (item level, dps logs) are superior to the interests of another (cosmetics, collections)?

Feel free to clarify if I misunderstood anything.

1 Like

In my opinion, yes.

I mean what I said, Jito, it’s not hard to understand but allow me to elucidate. That they included Tenders as part of the cash shop, and (according to you) didn’t allow people to use the “Blizzard Currency” to purchase them, is a predatory business practice.

Wait wait wait. Just because someone doesn’t agree that WoW is P2W doesn’t mean they support the existence of the in-game shop.

Pretty much everyone can agree that we would rather have cosmetics be added as rewards for activities rather than RMTs (even though they can be bought with gold as well).

Fair enough.

I’m sure your fellow players who obsess over cosmetics will be glad to hear that you’re throwing them to Blizzard’s corporate lions to be fleeced for money, because it’s not P2W when it’s cosmetics so it’s fair game to exploit them.

But I agree with you on the sentiment of predatory business practices. I don’t think we are that far from each other, I just don’t distinguish between what Blizzard tries to sell or to who. It’s equally bad regardless of what it is or to who it is. In my opinion.

If you don’t object to it, then I’d say you do.

Since players object to Blizzard selling player power directly or exclusively, maybe that’s why Blizzard doesn’t sell player power directly or exclusively?

But since players don’t object to Blizzard selling cosmetics directly or exclusively, maybe that’s why they sell a whole heap of them?

I see that this fight club still hasn’t abated. Interesting.
I wonder. What all these “WoW is Pay2win gladiators” end-game even is.
Ok. Say you “prove” that WoW is pay2win? Ok…what happens then? Will WoW get slapped with a new tax cause of it? Will WoW get banned in some countries because of it? Will it cause people in the higher ups to lose their jobs?

Some people seem to be fighting so valiantly to prove WoW is pay2win yet what will it change in the global picture of things? Besides getting some forum “I was right” trophy. :rofl:

But I do object to it. Like I said, I would rather have more rewards for content than in-game shop cosmetics.

I do find the practice of having an expansion cost, a sub cost and an in-game shop overkill.

However I do not find that as P2W.