WoW is P2W - Do you agree?

Oh please, you aren’t new here. We all know that 99% of these topics are pointless.

Change is not why we are here. We are here to argue.

1 Like

Oh. I am well aware. Had enough forums spats…which I know will be forgotten in a few days anyway.
Yet some people debate like their whole livelihood depends on “proving I was right”. Even when I argue, I do it for fun fully knowing that nothing will change anyway. This is something different though…hence my curiosity about their motivations. :thinking:

Isn’t that offering Blizzard a pinky finger and then hoping they don’t proceed to take the whole hand?

Over the years in modern gaming I think the only thing that’s shown to hold the corporate business train at bay is gamers voicing their criticism loudly and forcefully. Anything short of that and the companies seem to find it worthwhile to expand on monetization schemes regardless.

With that being said (with tongue in cheek) I do have some other things to do now. :wave:

1 Like

Because next to transmog and orange parces, forum PvP points are the only metric taht matters XD.

1 Like

Not really. It’s more like accusing a thief of being a fraud/scam artist. Both are crimes but they are different crimes.

This is why you are stuck arguing here. Because you hell bent on convincing people on following your definition of P2W, and you will never accomplish this because everyone has a different view on what a win/advantage is. If the thread was called something like “Is boosting bad” or “Is the cash-shop bad” you would have a more one sided conversation.

What a terrible assumption to make. I see you’ve lost the ability to debate in faith and are now twisting words (and poorly so) in an attempt to make me look bad. Only… from my own quotes, i’ve made it quite clear I dislike any attempt at predatory business practices, P2W or otherwise.

It’s clear you’re simply trying to make me lose my composure, but i’m just not emotionally invested in these forums, and certainly not to the same level as you, Jito.

2 Likes

No, I’d think “Oh, so he exploited the fact that it was doable on newer servers due to blizzard’s oversight to not disable the event on the new servers they launched”.

1 Like

I think that they just can’t seem to comprehend the difference between corporate greed and P2W, and assume that just because we disagree on what is P2W we are trying to defend corporate greed.

I was speaking about when the title was current content.

I have no idea, I think Jito is doing it on purpose, in bad faith because they have either run out of counter-points or because they’re trying to get a rise.

2 Likes

Then I’d think “Oh, he had a guild backing him up and [insert explicit language here] to get it”.

The stuff on the trading post rotates back again though; so you’ll get more chances at buying it. So; nothing you can’t get by simply playing. You don’t need to pay.

But also of course: What advantage does transmog and such give you over other players exactly in terms of power? :thinking:

I wanted to look at it. But your profile is hidden.

He just likes to argue and troll, you can never debate with somebody who is never wrong.

Here are the references I have for when I buy art

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/wO3BPr9

There you go.

1 Like

Again. this is normal for a business. Do people think that Blizzard made this game as a gift for all mankind?
They want to get paid! As i would if i worked there. and i would want an annual raise as well or i would go find another job.

There’s no bad faith. I gave my view on the topic in the beginning and I argue from that point of view:

That view doesn’t distinguish between what defines as P2W and MTX. To me it’s all the same, because it’s all a bi-product of time, effort, or skill. And my view is that selling any of these in any form undermines the game’s integrity (how much can be argued). If that’s commonly called P2W, then I call it P2W. Now some people seem to want to call it pay-to-buy-something, and I’m okay with that as well. You can call it whatever the hell you want. I just don’t distinguish between some things you can buy being that and other things you can buy not being that. They’re all that if they are a bi-product of time, effort, or skill. And everything Blizzard sells is. So that’s how I perceive it. And I have argued that consistently and in good faith.

That’s ridiculous to say. Blizzard can make excellent return on investment from their products without needing to undermine their own games’ design or integrity in the process. The only reason why they resort to doing so anyway, is because of corporate greed and short-term financial targets over long-term growth prospects. Neither of which should be applauded from a gaming or gamer perspective.

1 Like

But thats just it. From your point of view the token to gold exchange undermines the game but for me its great. I dont need to waste my playtime farming materials or making gold, i can log in when i get time and do EXACTLY what i want to do when i want to do it.
I like to do Mythic+ with my guild and freinds, thats what i enjoy. I can buy potions and flasks, pay for repairs and get my crafted gear (when my vault is crap, which is most of the time) without having to say to my mates, “Sorry cant do keys tonight as i need to go and spend 4 hours farming mats to pay my repair bills!”

Time, you don’t know how valuable it is.

Tokens are selling for 400k gold right now, with the click of a button I can have 400k gold.

P2W - getting you to trade your time for my money.

Hol’ up, it gets worse, you don’t get my money, Blizzard does, and you get game time.

The nice thing about the token is that someone else can grind gold and get tokens to pay for gametime or shop items. People that maybe wouldnt be able to afford the sub as an example. Its not all bad i guess.

If Blizzard clamped down on RMT and botting and increased gold rewards for completing quests and objectives, then you wouldn’t find yourself short on gold or unable to pay for flasks or repairs in the first place, because then the economy would be balanced around fair play and ordinary players.

Blizzard themselves have created the circumstances that leaves you in a situation where the WoW Token is an appealing solution to a problem they themselves have created, by their own actions and inactions.

1 Like