WoW is P2W - Do you agree?

You mean WoW is actually Play-to-Earn?!! :open_mouth:

But this would mean that i need to go out and do quests and kill 5 boars etc. I dont want to waste my time doing that. I want to play with my friends.

Implying boars aren’t your friends.
You sir are no hunter. :smiling_face:

1 Like

They could increase gold looted from dungeon bosses as well.

The point being that you would be rewarded for playing the game in a manner that would sustain your gold expenses, rather than being short on gold all the time because RMT and botting and boosting has inflated prices on everything so that simply playing the game normally doesn’t yield you enough gold to cover your costs, and thus you’re incentivized to buy WoW Tokens from Blizzard as a solution to a problem of Blizzard’s own making.

The absurd gold inflation in the game comes from real-money-traders, botters, and boosters, who basically transfer enormous sums of gold between them.
If you’re not part of that inflated gold market, then you’re obviously getting poorer by comparison. And the only way you can make up the difference, as you’ve said yourself, is to buy WoW Tokens. Because simply playing the game like a normal player would doesn’t suffice, and ain’t that just ironic?

1 Like

I mean that sounds great but is it correct? who knows.
And i guess ultimately i dont really care enough to continue arguing as we kinda got off topic.
I still dont agree that WoW is Pay to win. I will concede that its Pay to Skip. But that suits my playstyle.
It currently costs me 35p a day to play wow with a new expansion every 2 years at £75. So the whole thing is around 45p a day over the course of a couple of years. If i add in a couple of tokens each year its another 9p a day so 54p a day for something that i could, if i wanted to, play 24/7/365.
I dont think thats a lot and if i couldnt afford 54p a day, i would have way bigger issues than a video game :smiley:
Nice debate tho, Jito :smiley:

1 Like

Meh, that’s such a pointless metric. There’s people on 24/7 who can’t be bothered to make gold and are terrible at the game, or people on a few hours a week knowing how to make use of their professions and the AH making tidy sums of gold while they’re great at high M+.

No, they’re just shuffling around gold that already exist.

The absurd gold inflation came from the mission tables and armies of alts.

The prices on the Auction House, vendors, repairs, services, and so on, it all stems from Warlords of Draenor that released 10 years ago?

Really?

No.

1 Like

RMT can’t use gold that doesn’t already exist. They can’t conjure it out of thin air. Neither can boosters or bostees. Nor can botters.

Yes. You underestimate just how much gold people made from the mission tables when they had an army of alts doing them. It was basically a gold printer.

And they didn’t only exist in WoD. It was there in Legion & BFA too. edit: Forgot SL callings & mission tables too with armies of alts, lmao.

1 Like

Er, yes it does… 20k from MoP [I was buying mounts off the BMAH for that much back then!] became 300k in WoD, gold has remained grossly inflated since. Just look at DF WQs right now, some reward 1000-2000 gold (Arena WQ in Ohna Plains)!

My sweet summer child, you don’t understand how it works, do you?

Here comes Jito. He is a scrub who hasn’t killed Heroic Fyrakk. So he goes and buys a WoW Token from Blizzard and then sells it on the Auction House for 400.000 gold.

The 400.000 gold doesn’t come from Blizzard but rather the botters who use transaction to flip some of their wealth between gold and WoW Tokens and back to gold again when needed.

Then Jito whispers one of the boosters who are spamming like crazy that he would like to buy a Heroic Fyrakk kill for 200.000 gold.

Then the booster invites him to a group, opens trade, and takes the gold.
Then the booster leaves the group, Jito gets invited to another group filled with players who summons him to Heroic Fyrakk, and then they kill the boss whilst Jito stays in the back and looks like the idiot he is.

After the boss is killed and Jito has left the group and day is over the guy managing the boosting service takes all the gold and puts it up for sale on his website for money.

A moment later some player named Bob decides to buy some money from a third-party website because it’s cheaper than the WoW Token.

And that way the gold Jito bought from Blizzard that originated from botters has turned into profit for real-money-traders before being passed on to another player named Bob who’ll likely buy a boost as well.

(I see you’re all pouncing on opportunities to report my posts. Noted. And over the line I take it.)

1 Like

Botters don’t really introduce all that much gold into the economy. They mostly get gold from selling materials on the AH, which is just shuffling already existing gold around.

They do.
The difference between botters and players as far as introducing gold into the economy is concerned, is that players sometimes do silly things like spend 1 million gold on a dinosaur mount from a vendor, which then takes 1 million gold out of the economy.
Botters don’t do that. They just add gold to the economy. All the time.

1 Like

Do you know how much gold the mission tables actually made you with an army of alts?

1 Like

Tens to hundreds of millions of gold, give or take depending on dedication.

Yes.

And you think bots selling green items/grey items are going to have any impact compared to those army of alts? The mission tables screwed up the WoW economy really badly.

Yes.

For a number of reasons.

Time.

Every day more gold is accumulated in the economy. So that sharp inflation during WoD would long since have been leveled out, especially over a 10 year period.

The second reason is that many players who played in WoD and who were sitting on small fortunes, they don’t play the game anymore. In fact, most players who played WoW back then don’t play anymore. So a lot of gold goes out of the economy by the simplest of reasons that people have quit WoW in droves since then.

So most of the gold inflation we experience in the game today is driven by the gold that is made today by the players who are actively playing, not those who played 10 years ago and made a lot of gold back then and where many of them have since quit playing.

Anyway, that’s a weird tangent. I’m not even sure what the point of this is?! I think it was something about me saying that the WoW Token is Blizzard’s own lazy solution to not dealing with the problem of botters, boosters, and real-money traders. And that solution then costs the players 20 bucks per Token on the Online Store. Geez, thanks Blizz!

1 Like

Bots make a lot of raw gold from hyper spawning mobs. They’re there 24/7 farming. [Blizzard seriously needs to give diminishing returns in drops for hyperspawned mobs…]

Myself just doing gold WQs the vendor trash alone from the few mobs I killed for said WQs easily nets me a few hundred gold in itself.

1 Like

Time is a pointless metric?

How is this faster than the click of a button?

This is a bit off-topic but helps illustrate time’s value.

Rich people are always drinking green smoothies, they don’t eat processed food, and they have a very high protein, low carb diet, why?!.. Time: it helps give them more time on Earth.

While everyone else is trading time for money, they are trading money for time (P2W)

1 Like

How exactly because

https://www.dataforazeroth.com/characters/EU/Emerald%20Dream/Xyao

Your account is below average for the amount of time you been playing, you been ripped off buying any boosts as its done nothing for you.

Reps - poor
Toys - poor
Mounts - poor
Mogs - poor
Pets - mid+
Achive points - avg
Honor level - poor
Titles - avg