WoW is P2W - Do you agree?

What does that even mean? Why does that matter? And that site doesn’t seem to be working properly.

This is what is shown for my account.

https://www.dataforazeroth.com/characters/EU/Ravencrest/amonet

Under total quests complete it shows 26%. And that is across all character, while in reality I have done loremaster on multiple character. Under alts it says 1 while I have ~50 of them.

because he said and it matters because he is a hypocrite

when he has infact boosted nothing i could have listed more but it was enough to get the idea. He bought some portals/20’s but he did that in the most easy season 3.

if you look the site owner said it does work just slow as under revamp/maintenance

are they all max level as it only counts level 70s?

Ok, but you linked it now. If the data is inaccurate for my account, it probably is for his aswell.

I mean I checked his account from armory and it does look like he has bough many boosts, but still.

Around maybe 20 of them are 70. 4 of them are doing high-ish M+ (+8s-10s).

S4 is easier, just saying.

lets face it apart from season 1 right at start its all been plain saling.

never thought i see anyone defend the OP espcially with his actions but you do you.

Shows my 26 char’s but i logged in there and made an account.

It’s kinda the situation with all expansions. It’s hard when you are starting from scratch, later seasons you carry over your OP gear from last patch so you get somewhat of a boost. Also in DF we actually lost an affix so imo that made the whole thing easier overall.

I mean I don’t really agree with him, but I do want to be fair.

Well it shows my ilvl as 475 (something that has been outdated since last season), soooo I think it’s fair to assume that if you do not have an account the data is inaccurate, and we can safely assume that OP doesn’t have an account.

1 Like

ofc is wow P2w because u can buy gold legally for Euros and Gold is also a currency what can be used to get Items like Gladiator or Mythic raid Kills or High keys

what you would never have achieved without gold

So is Wow p2w Yes and No

some Peoples can archive those Items without Paying, by just playing the game on a good level

as long as your Character isnt stronger compared to a f2p Character i dont mind having p2w in the Game that much

1 Like

Try buy ur way to my achiv points, it’s not possible.

U can only buy a few stuff not all.

It’s not pay 2win to get good u need to work it.

Except, you know, work for it, do runs, etc…
Blizzard is not offering anything in the cash shop that is not available in Game - or would give an advantage
I could be in full gear yet someone who is even a decent player would wipe the floor with me, naked, in PvP and even if my life would depend on it I could’t be a valuable member in an M+ run
So… what would I exactly “won” by spending that gold and money?
Nothing
Literally nothing
I can’t buy skill or weapon in WoW that would one-shot my enemy or would give me an advantage in any shape or form

1 Like

Why is it so hard to understand that power is not the only thing that matters in an MMORPG. In fact, for a great amount of players, it is not important at all. But gold can get you anything that is important for you and you only. And even if you can get these things in-game by farming or grinding, it allows you to save time. And time in our world is money.

Advantage = winning in the context of MMOs

1 Like

Because player power is the only metric that can be proven.

Collections don’t matter because not everyone values the same thing. I don’t care for mounts, but I enjoy titles and toy collection.

Same people pride themselves on grabbing every transmog for a class ect

3 Likes

Exactly
And no one cares how you got your fancy titles or mounts, from a cash shop or worked for it
It matters only for YOU
And they are hardly an advantage over other players you can’t get only just with money…

6 Likes

We already established that Mistjo has won wow. No one else can win it now…

Why did the forum discussion about the same old topic bring a dead horse?

Because they were beating it to death!

Because the OP wanted some drama, and by jove did they get it.

I miss those passionate gigathreads on the front page of the forums though. There should be one drama-filled topic every day :smiley:
Trolling does not count ofc

Achievement points are also a metric that can be proven, hell we all have a number right next to our class here on the forums (even if this number is not updated for whatever reason).
Number of mounts is a provable metric, toys and pets as well. Number of appearances as too. All these have a number directly mentioning a counter.

But for player power, how is that a provable metric? I have an item level of 502, how does this prove how powerful I am? Maybe I have 476 weapon and offhand and 525 rings. Someone who has 525 weapon and offhand and 476 rings will also have the same item level as I, yet their actual performance (assuming equal skill) is significantly higher than mine.

But this argument can be switched around. As you say you only value player power and collections are irrelevant. But for collectors, power is irrelevant and size of collection matters. The only case where both parties can come to agreement is to agree that both player power and collections are significant and should be treated equally in this discussion.

1 Like

You undid your own statement in the same paragraph. Impressive.

Covered that one before you even typed the reply.

Item Level has a max value - one you cannot progress above until a new tier is opened. That combined with player skill is a good indicator.

The number is not updated here on the forums. If you open my profile, it will mention the updated value at around 31k. Therefore achievement points are provable, qed.

Try and open my profile :slight_smile:

Everyone knows true power likes in your max-leveled alt count :dracthyr_nod: