WoW killed itself for raiders over 7 years ( us repost )

Imagine if asian mmo added bacon people with pig heads and a peasant class with torches and pikes in a mists of Tealands to represent western culture?

Would you like it as a westerner?

I wouldn’t give two shts as long as the game is good.

1 Like

I dont believe you

I’m a 30+ guy who spent around 20 years playing online games and currently I play one with orcs swinging axes and furries who talk in a funny way. the reason I can justify it to others (and myself) is by saying it has depth and complex mechanics and there’s a lot more to it than the visuals.
believe what you want, but if you only care about realistic appearances I suggest you look out the window instead of playing games

4 Likes

Not to mention this next part to add onto your comment even further:

There are VR games that simulate realism as well. You’d think Ryugal would put effort into playing those if he cared about the concept of realism. Especially since WoW is pretty far away from the idea of “realistic” :joy:

2 Likes

The best thing - even for raiders SL is not that fun. Heck, even legion/bfa wasn’t that good. Why? All of the extra systems and grinds required to be able to raid.

Good old expansions (wod and back) - hit max level, do normal/heroic dungeons and you are ready to raid. No need to do m+, farm AP, farm some currency, etc.

Now it takes so much effort to raid, it’s crazy.

3 Likes

this may be partly due to my feedback and it actually keeps me up at night. I said a few years back that wow sux because it only has one dimension of progression, ilvl. but I was thinking more about powers unlocked through beating challenges rather than grinds or time gating. it still bothers me someone might have read my comment

I wouldn’t call it stupid.
People prioritize different aspects in a game.
Aesthetics, lore, music, theme, graphics etc can be just as important as gameplay.
The style of a game isn’t everything but it’s as important as the gameplay in my books.

I’ve basically only heard good things about FF14’s gameplay but I don’t care about the aesthetics or theme of that game so I’ve no interest in it.

To me MoP’s gameplay wasn’t anywhere near 10/10 but what put me off most with that expansion was the whole “pandas lol” Asian theme. It’s easily one of my least enjoyed expansions.

3 Likes

Its not about realism, its about mockery of the entire asian culture, downgrading it to some beastial nonsence :clown_face:
As a westerner you arent much familiar with the concept of your culture being mocked, yet… 3 more years.

I’ll take a guess and say you looked up the kung fu panda trailer just to downvote it because it hurts your feelings of national identity or whatever

1 Like

Wow is for everyone , the casual players have an huge complex of inferiority that’s why there is a fight .
Players that plays = Sets aims achieves them .

Casual player - qq’s on forum without even scratching the content ?

They could add more casual content as i said countless times , why take the fun away for players that like high end content ?

This is cheap tactics and emotional blackmailing of a 6 year old who doesn’t receive ice cream when he wants .

1 Like

yeah because raiders loved being forced to grind isles, or torghast, or depending on the right lego or piece of corrupt gear to drop, or being prevented to respec properly due to conduit energy…

1 Like

The thing is, that a generation grown up. Lots of people who played since vanilla as a kid, started to work and dont have that much time to play.

Until m+, raid was the peak content of pve. Either you had guild and time for it, or not.

M+ gave another choice for pve for those who wanted to push their max, without spending hours in a row, with 20+ other people.

The problem is, that raid and m+ tangled each other too much (sometimes even pvp too like in early shadowlands).

They should separate both raiding and m+. Make raid gear alot weaker in m+, same with m+ gears in raid. PvP gear getting buffed in PvP already (again).

That way who wants to raid to higher lvl, will go only raid, and those who want m+, go m+.

If you wish to do all contents obvs you will need to spend more time.

2 Likes

I’m in full support of content specific tier sets.
raid sets give bonuses in raids, M+ sets in m+, pvp sets in BGs and arenas.
nothing drastic that would prevent people to experiment out of their comfort zone, but still enought that people don’t feel forced to raid in order to be effective in m+ for example.

2 Likes

That whole thread seems like a thinly veiled whine post about WQ gear not titanforging anymore so not sure I’d go as far as to call it an incredibly important discussion.

Boss fights are boring. Company thinks if they add more mechanics then it will be more challanging or funny. No it is not. Also drop rates as well as item’s stats ( why would any spec of rogue wants to have versa+mastery dagger ? ) and master looter gone.

M Plus yeah +15 - +17 doable by any player who can controls his/her character but higher than that good luck. Also dungeons are highly favored for Ranged Classes. Boomkin and Hero/Bl class definetly takes 2 spots. Good luck taking 2 melees on keys higher than 18+.

Class uniqueness gone. I mean if you check older times when interrupt comes in hand Rogues,Warriors were best. Now everyone can interrupt and same cooldown. You are not important unless you pull %40- 45 of overall dmg.

Great Vault and Character upgrades locked on Wednesdays. Can’t even imagine if your luck is not good and see same slot of your lego.

It is quite obvious they could not update themselves as the time moves. Personally i still wonder why they are capping honor/conq/valor. If a player wants to hard farm let them do it. Stop limiting players to Wednesdays but ofc not you gotta milk their time so you can earn more subs right?

Still better than the nudity “transmogs” most of the Asian MMOs produce. So yes i side with Annacondas statement here. In fact if the class is fun to play i couldnt care less and see plenty of room to even RP it.

Also it doesnt matter whether you believe him or not. Dont project yourselves onto others. You may not like it. He is neutral about it and i may infact like it. Also not everyone is taking offense to everything.

He is right in the way that blizzard is trying to DESIGN game around high end players and KEEPING THEM BUSY cause these players have the TENDENCY to STORM the content in 1 week
so in orded to keep them busy they do korthia style design
now you can’t blame raiders or highend m+ push people or PVP gods for this
Blizzard is trying to always come up with HARDER stuff
cause it’s not very good for your game when the players are done with your content in 1 week after patch release :smiley:
This has nothing to do with casuals vs hardcore
this is just blizzard trying to HOLD people back because they can’t release patch every week :smiley:

Don’t forget that we became so good at the game that blizzard can’t keep up with us

1 Like

You DO realize that the Pandaren’s were already established in Warcraft lore before appearing in MoP right? in Warcraft 3 the Frozen Throne expansion.

2 Likes

Already rogues in the game aka ninja And Samurai is not Asian culture it is japanese culture.
Asia is not just 1 country would have been a better argument but what you just said is odd.

Why do you think it is mockery? how do you know that is what it is?
Have you thought about that you are the one who takes it as mockery and it was never meant as mockery? (to be clear i do not know but you are making statements like you do)
You also think Asia means Japan apparently.