WoW needs third faction

Darnassus is only good for mashmallow roasting :smiling_imp:

1 Like

And fondue.

1 Like

Bet they try and steal the sourdough for their fondue.

1 Like

They try, but they can’t. And that’s how we end up with them spamming these fine forums with “horde bias”.

1 Like

Third faction, said no-one ever lol terrible idea

1 Like

They can’t balance 2 factions adding third in to the mix would make everything even worse.

1 Like

Just kill all this faction nonsense, and just have guilds. The constant faction war an divide makes no sense anymore.

We always end up working together anyway in our blue and red alliance. Also npc faction can work together no matter race, but the player cannot.

It is just getting silly now.

1 Like

Although, I’d like to see a third faction, it’s pretty obvious that it will never happen. Instead I bet they are going to allow opposite faction players to do content together at some point soon, like a mercenary mode, which will suck in my opinion. Personally, I would like to see something really horrible happen between the two factions, so that we really feel like enemies, because right now, the war feels completely pointless

Spoiler

After ya kill N’zoth as horde u get a quest to go to Orgrimmar and see who becomes the new warchief, they don’t pick a warchief and said that the war with the alliance has ended so they don’t need one.

Second spoiler?

It’s gonna be a covenant faction war now, we’ll be able to pick our covenant and therefore our faction. Solves faction imbalance issue, time for them to scrap the old factions and replace them with new ones that make sense for this timeline?

Make factions like Paper/Rock/Scissors game! Horde beats alliance, Third faction beats Horde, Alliance beats Third Faction - profit :smiley:

I’m pretty sure making belfs there own faction would even out the horde/Alli ratio.

Belfs were a mistake.

Given the last given -Factual- percentage of people who actually main them, as opposed to the crazy figures some lunatics pull out of their backsides " OMG 80% of Horde are Blood Elves" “Like, 50% of people play Blood Elves, they’re bigger than the Alliance” and other such utter nonsense, then no, that would not solve the problem.

You’d have one tiny faction, like, about 1 out of 10 of the player base, and two bigger factions, with one being slightly bigger than the other. Wouldn’t solve anything.

Actually, that’s the Night Elves. They should have stayed the isolationist xenophobes they were always supposed to be, and not dumbed down and de-clawed just to be shoe horned into the Alliance.

@Brigante: Actually, even with the technical limitations of WCR (and to less degree WRP) based statistics the three way split would mechanically look roughly like this:

Blood elf faction: 19% (or 18 to 20)
Alliance: 45% (or 43 to 47)
Horde: 36% (or 34 to 38)

In any combination that sums to 100%. The figures are somewhat estimated, but they should be fairly accurate representation of the current EU and US situations. However, there would be other sorts of mayhem
 Like the fact that horde would retain only a minimal number of paladins and zero demon hunters.

hehe
he knows

Yeah, hardly the bizarre hyperbolic claims some make about the numbers

Mind you, those figures show the Horde being smaller than the Alliance. I expect within a short span of time a lot of the usual suspects posting going “This is a great idea!”

Despite it being, as we can see, a terrible idea.

@Brigante: It is just the side effect of the proposed 3-way split
 and since it has been apparently suggested as well, here is another kind of 3-way:

All elf faction: 40%
Alliance: 27% (or more likely 27 to 31)
Horde: 33% (or more likely 29 to 33)

Or thereabouts

EDIT: Added a few more figures

1 Like

I played Classic in server where Ally was out manned and I had no problem with it. In Retail, even if it was 50/50, I would still not turn my WM ON. This whole sharding/layering and these stupid kill quests, where people make parties and go around gang banging 5vs1, not interesting.

Heck, why not make it Guild based instead of Faction based, we could call it WorldOfGuildCraft or Guild Wars
 Wait what?!

Honestly tho, if anything they could get a neutral faction in the game, that would be fine for those who wanna opt out from the Primitive Horde side or the Boy kings Tea-party
 And yes, you would still be able to visit the cities etc, the NPC’s would just be “neutral” sorta like going on irl vacations, you usually don’t get murdered as soon as you leave the Airplane

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.