WoW story becoming increasingly ridiculous

“Squeezed back to death by the hug of a seven year old girl?”

Sounds like something from Mortal Kombat.

….Fatality…

Easy explaination
D & D are writing both the S8 Game of Thrones as well as the new Warcraft lore :stuck_out_tongue:

For a second, let’s assume this is not a joke … but for real.

Blizzard with one stroke could re-start where they left off in Legion - really pretending that BfA had been a ‘‘dream expansion’’ and the denizens of Azeroth had lived through a scenario that would come to pass , if they did not defeat the Old Gods… eventually.

They could re-tell - with different story twists - how the KultTirans and the Zandalari joined the flock. No?

Well, just a thought^^

The writing process must be

Golden: :fountain_pen::crazy_face: Time to write amazin’ story, Liek Anduin(omg he is so amazin’!) is great that everyone is immediately falling him around and listening to him. Alliance and Horde is cool again in 8.2. cause frienship is magic, and everything can be forgiven if you feel bad enough. Oh and Baine! He is so brave and amazing, he is so right even his dead parents give him kudos! Also worgen tails and forsaken that fall apart after hug.

Afrasiabi: omg best writing eva! Approved and printed! :ballot_box: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Leave me and my father out of this. Cairne has suffered enough without having to see what happened to us. Golden is a monster.

Mockery is all we have left, mon!

2 Likes

Old but I wanted to clarify :
As I said it was really a random NPC that trashtalked Jaina, it’s not Talanji.
It was an NPC named “Captain Zadari”.

2 Likes

Cry me a river man. Who cares… Orcs vs Humans 24/7 would get very boring

1 Like

It’s a world with walking cows, turtles, magic and voodoo.

I am a god damn panda.

What do you want, realism? Just go to work.

1 Like

You sir, Nailed it !

1 Like

It’s kinda strange that no one mentioned how awful is the Kul’tiras main questlines ending. Totally a garbage!
The characters were standing in their place while the doom is coming and Jaina instead of teleporting the people away. She just went to holding hands and singing the music from that annoying episode of her warbringer, and suddenly a miracle happened! The fleet was summoned back to defend them!
I felt the writers of this quest were like "It doesn’t matter how it happened! It just happened! Because she is JaInA -_- )
I watched much TV series and read many stories and i say it, this plot was totally a garbage! For the first time in my life i badly wanted ( and still wanting ) a character to die so the story might become better in each term without using the power of the ( ChOsEn OnE / VeRy SpEcIaL cHaRaCtEr )

1 Like

It was actually rather decent compared to the mess on Zandalar.

What mess?

In compare to Zandalar ending you mean? In this case i would like to ask you. Are you serious?
In my opinion. Zandalar ending is bad, but kul’tiras ending is as i said a garbage by all means duo to the point i mentioned about holding hands, singing music, and hoping for some miracle to happen instead of being rational and doing the best you can do to survive.
But enough of Kul’tiras ending. About Zandalar main questlines, everything was totally fine except few points.

• The deal between Bwonsamdi and Rastakhan.

• The death of Rezan and being just a 5-man boss, plus nothing is ever mentioned about him or about his reincarnation.

• The fight scene between Rastakhan Vs Zul. Rastakhan being empowered by Bwonsamdi should be more powerful, and zul should be using more spells, and wasn’t he able to see the future? That would make the fight harder. Actually, this is a point by itself.

• Zul Visions. He is able to see the future mostly at any time, yet he couldn’t see the future where he is defeated. More like Elisande scenario repeating itself but without the “Redemption”, or probably it will be included if Zul will appear again.

Everthing else than these points is fine.

1 Like

What with the exception of Drustvar wasn’t garbage on alliance side?
We had a Horde attack in Stormsong Valley, which noone cared about 10seconds later because of quilboars, pirates, naga invasion, and goblins greedy for oil.
We had a pirate theme in Tiragarde Sound…and miners getting killed by Azerite creatures, followed by hunting some wild animals, old god creatures attacking a village, a wildhammer dwarf, and killing puppets while riding a horse leading to a trogg invasion.
In the war campaign we killed a few vampires the Horde had no problem with, failed horribly on hunting down a fat goblin, and more or less defeated the whole Zandalari fleet and destroyed 2 undead ships with 4 others (also we killed hundreds of Horde NPCs and survived Nathanos, who had to hold a 30s monologe while preparing his ulti shot)
And we got friendly with the snake people, but the story ended midway.
Oh yeah and Jaina escaped from prison to cry and get her soul eaten by the Drust just to suddenly be the boss of this f*cked up island.
With all these things the ending honestly fit pretty well in the story and compared to the rest sadly didn’t seem strange…

Character who has long been known to posess powerful magical power, performs powerful magical ritual that had been foreshadowed, resolving a plot point that had been built up from the start of the story, using mechanisms that have long been established as part of the world, is garbage writing?

The disconnection of the zones until the finale. The awful presentation of Rastakhan to make room for Talanji instead. The utter lack of world building outside of Zuldazar(city). The defeats at every step of the story. Ignoring serveral Loa. No continuity of the power level and size of Mythrax.

I agree with most your points except this one. In the cinematic you see that that he let himself be killed as it was a plan all along. Kinda like the Kilrogg who also saw his own death and was ready for it.

It was not defeat but sabotage - defeat means that you actually attempt to fight. And it was not whole fleet.

1 Like

Ah good you mentioned Kilrogg. Zul and him are the only characters i didn’t understand them totally. They just accepted death like “Okay” Instead of being normal like anyone and struggle to survive. Actually, even trying to change tactic so you might get a chance to kill what’s going to kill you.
Let’s take an example to make it very clear. If you foresaw your death which is getting crushed by a car at a specific day in a specific moment, will you go to there and accept death? Or will you stay somewhere else ( Probably Home ) and wait until the moment pass and celebrating your survive? You don’t have to answer, because everyone will try to survive and not accepting death and doom. That what Zul and killrog didn’t tried to, they just accepted it immediately and didn’t even thought of trying to make a better future ( from their point of view )
The only character that her writing in this point was really good if not perfect is Elisande. Though she joined the legion but that was after she failed in finding a future where she and the nightborne survive without the legion. It doesn’t matter what happened next to her, what matters is she TRIED unlike Zul and killrog to survive and not accept the doomed future she foresaw.

That is the case of Kilrogg. But Zul accepted his sacrifice because he was serving G’huun, he knew he had to fall to complete the deed and unleash it. We also know that he was reviewed shortly after with blood magic.

So I wouldn’t comapre him to person that wants to avoid car crush. That is a different case. He had a mission.

I think the true question is - would you sacrifice yourself for greater good, for example saving your country or the world.

1 Like