WoW Token in TBC (China for the moment)

It says Blizzard will likely not add it to Classic but as I as said in my previous post, the community’s apathy to Blizz adding retail features, coupled with Activision’s history on these things means we can expect to see the token on Classic/TBC at somepoint

Can somone care to elaborate how the wow token is a micro transaction? It’s literally your game time. It’s like calling your subscription a micro transaction.

I’d rather not see wow token tho

what is this token? I never had one.

Any sort of game purchase in which you buy a service or item, cosmetic or otherwise, is considered a microtransaction.

The wow-token is a microtransaction because it’s an item that you sell in game for gold, which allows you to buy gear etc etc. I hope this clears things up.

2 Likes

what they do in china have nothing to do with what they do in EU or NA, since china is (more or less) a different company, who runs the game as they see fit within they own laws.

no dottie, it has been in for some time now in china. time to look at facts my friend, not everything is the way you want it to be.

If I may, in my opinion whether any of us believes it is coming or not is completely irrelevant. What is relevant is whether you want it to come or not. If you want it say it, and if you don’t want it say it clearly too. All of this “naaaaah, it won’t happen to us… again” is only fuel for Blizzard to do it… again. I don’t get why some people have so much fun denying everything anybody else says instead of telling clearly to the company what they actually want and do not want.

Edit: I don’t want it BTW. I forgot to say it xDDD

What would be so bad about wow token compared to the alternatives we already have ingame?
Gold selling already exists and will never go away unless they put in a trade limit (lmao runescape).
So the only reason I see to be against the token is because you can pay for sub with gold instead of real money? Wait you can already do this too…
It will just make these transactions faster easier and safer. You’ll just be dealing with Blizztivision vs some sketchy chinese website.

Really looking for some good arguments here. No slippery slopes please.

Token was added in China earlier in retail as well so it’s well possible it will get added to classic as well.

If it’s been there for a while, why are they just announcing it’s going to be released now?

Oh, nothing at all mate. I get it. There is already a lot of crap in the game and Blizzard seems to not give a duck about it, so let’s add even more crap on top of it. That will surely fix it. Is that your argument? Or, I don’t know, do you think it might be better to ask Blizzard to take actions against the crap that we already have in the game (bots, gold sellers, gold buyers, GDKP’s, mage boosts, etc) instead of using that crap to justify any more crap Blizzard happens to bring on top of it all?

If you genuinely believe that you can prove something with that kind of argument then you are wrong. “There is something wrong here, should we try to fix it? Naaaaah, lets make it even worse”. Yeah, great point mate.

1 Like

That’s a lot of text for saying nothing at all.
Blizztivision DOES NOT CARE ABOUT GOLD SELLERS OR BUYERS OR BOTS ON CLASSIC.
What makes you think in TBC they will suddenly start throwing out banhammers?

So instead of making it worse than it already is, wow token would make it safer, easier. Definitely not worse cause illegal bots and goldsellers are ready the worst.

There is no team that will fix it. So there is no need to assume they will or can.

Oh, so your point is that, since Blizzard don’t seem to care, then you don’t care either, so let’s make it worse anyway. “There is a lot of people scumming others and the Goverment doesn’t seem to care. Should we try to do something about it? Sure, let the Goverment do the scumming. That will surely make it safer”. Yeah, good point mate, you rock dude.

1 Like

Well you can tell me how I can ban people or you can stop making a big deal out of everything (especially with microtransactions that already are available through ingame currency) and enjoy the game.

How many botters and gold sellers have you banned? None? Wow you must not care very much either then.

Blizzard employees have said that it will take more than one report, probably from more than one player, to get a player looked at for botting.

So more people need to report it.

Where are people getting this idea that it will make it worse?
Are you going to have to wait a week before you get your token? Or is there a random chance blizz will just scam you? Maybe they’re forcing everybody to buy it?

It can be bad, sure. But worse?

Dottie, the support from Blizzard’s end is WAY different for retail and classic.
I’m 100% convinced they ban or atleast try to ban bots in retail. In classic I wouldn’t dare say that.

Ok, so now your point is that since none of us can effectively do anything about it (although we still can complain), then we should stop doing the only thing we can do about it, complain, and just swalow anything and everything they want to throw us. Not only that, we should also enjoy it too?. Are you really that indolent? Really? Well, good for you then, but it is a terrible argument again. You are going from bad to worse to utterly absurd.

1 Like

If complaining helps you sleep at night, go ahead.
And if you don’t like what Blizzard decides they put in THEIR game, then I suggest you find another game where you will

Do enlighten me how wow token would make things worse than they already are.

Edit: complaining might help stop (or delay) the wow token. But your complaining won’t entice Blizztivision to actually care about the classic franchise to the point where they’ll SPEND MONEY to ban and catch rulebreakers.

So you’re left with what we are at right now. No wow token and still rulebreakers selling gold with a chance of scam.

Is regulated and safe gold buying worse than sketchy sellers who don’t speak english half the time and who’ll scam you every chance they get? According to you it is. I say both are bad, but if I had to choose I’d pick the wow token any time any place.

Becouse TBC Classic is a difrent product to classic maybe?