WoW Token in TBC (China for the moment)

Ok, now we are talking. You just said it: “I say both are bad”. Since the WoW token will not stop those “rulebreakers selling gold with a chance of a scam”, which is something we know because it did not stop them in retail either, and as you yourself have said;

Then the conclusion is inevitable: if both things are bad and the introduction of WoW token will not stop the bots and gold sellers, then we go from a bad position (1 bad thing: gold sellers) to a worse position (2 bad things: gold sellers and WoW token). So yes, it would make it worse.

There is another thing I want to mention. You said it yourself again:

Yes, yes, dude, you finally got it. That is the whole point, and it would be much easier and much more effective if you and the lot like you did the same, complain about the things that you believe are bad, instead of supporting everything and anything Blizzard does even if you agree with us that it is bad.

1 Like

I’m not supporting them. I’m just not upset enough about it to complain about them. Not upset at all even.
Neither the wow token or the boost will impact me or my guild’s gameplay in any way.
Accepting isn’t supporting.

And thanks for explaining why it gets worse, 2 bad things instead of 1 makes sense, but they’re technically the same, it’s like having more options for the same (bad) goal.

Edit: Blizzard is the last company I’d blindly support, but so far they haven’t done anything bad enough to ruin the classic franchise (for me).

It’s like, I prefer white chocolate but I’ll eat milk chocolate too if they offer me.
I don’t dislike milk chocolate enough to the point I’d complain about it. Same with the token and boost.
Idk how else to explain. If we were given a poll before they make up their mind I’d probably vote ‘no’ but come on it’s Blizztivision. Only polls they’d ever put out is what color yacht bobby should get.

I think (hope) they’ll delay WoW Token in Classic at least until WotLK Classic.

Oh no whatever shall we do. A company out to make a profit. How terrible. How horrible.

I forgot how people felt entitled to free products.

Oh no. Anyway…

I don’t think they will bring the token in for the rest of the world until well after that.

You think Im talking about wanting the tokens to be free? are you smoking some galaxy sprinkle cheese? Gtfo

How about instead of feeling entitled to free stuff we not add anything in the first place

Silly boy

2 Likes

No I didn’t say anything about tokens be free.

I alluded that you’re one of those players that thinks everything should be handed to them and not have to pay a dime for it.

Hahahaha omg what alot of hogwash, where on earth have you gotten that from,

I’m one of those players that’s against the boost, because I think you should put the time and effort into getting to level 58, which is the opposite of being handed something, the same with the token, id rather grind my gold, which is the opposite of being handed something, have you hit your head?

Can you please show me where I said I want everything to be free?
Becasue all I’ve said is the reason blizzard added the 58 boost is to generate more sustainable profit, which now means they’ll probably do the tokens, none of which I agree with.

So please I’m listening, I don’t think you have an answer to why I want everything for free, because that accusation has clearly come from a childish mind

3 Likes

Tokens are in Retail so is it really that surprising?

It’s good for Blizzard and helps players who are bad at gold making stay relevant so it really doesn’t matter all that much.

Please please please tell me youre trolling

1 Like

I’m okay with an one time boost, but WoW tokens can stay out of classic/Classic TBC.
Gold = £17 token.
Gold takes for example 20 hours to get that amount.
Token = £17 = 2 hours of somebody on minimum wage.

Now, tell me why wouldn’t they buy tokens instead of just farming gold?
I know I would as I’d just be able to work a few extra days work and buy enough gold to last me through the entire TBC.
I wouldn’t have to grind for gold at any point.

I wouldn’t even try and explain it, if someone thinks tokens will be good there’s no hope

Aha, won’t bother explaining further ;p

My point was that if it happened in retail despite our complaining last time what do you hope to achieve complaining this time?

Blizzard only see the positives that I outlined where as we see the negatives but they want money so it’s a done deal.

Also your attitude on discussing things on the forums is so toxic it’s unreal.

I agree with this statement, I don’t agree with what you previously said " helps players that are bad at making gold stay relevant "

I’d prefere the word passionate over toxic, I’ve been playing the game for years and its the game I love to play, so yeah I get stuck into the forums,
I actually appreciate when other players challenge me, it shows they are passionate aswell, what I don’t like is the players that don’t give a damn about the game but still feel the need to talk

I’ve been playing since late Vanilla early TBC and yet I still understand that a discussion needs to be had and not outright insulting others because they don’t agree with your opinion on a specific topic.

Using the word Passion or Passionate to somehow make how you approach a discussion in a toxic manner acceptable is something I find absolutely rediculous and honestly reading how many excuses you proposed to excuse your toxicity just proves how toxic of a player you actually are.

If you are someone who truely wished to have a discussion you wouldn’t dismiss people completely outright just for having a differing opinion.

Honestly and truthfully you need to change how you approach discussions and realize that not everyone is going to accept your passion is why i’m toxic nonsense.

That being said my remarks about tokens helping player’s who struggle to make gold is absolutely true and is actually one of the main reasons why tokens sell.

Whether that’s a good thing or not is up for debate but Retail has always wanted to be inclusive to players of all skill ranges hence why LFR/Mythic is a thing.

I played retail and gold making isn’t hard but to some who might not be as well versed in the game they may well struggle and TBC is a lot less forgiving in terms of gold making than what Retail is which is why a Token is something I could see becoming a thing.

Gold is used to buy raid boosts similar to Classic so if a player who is not very good has money to buy tokens they can just buy Mythic raid runs and get the gear they want therefore staying relevant during that current raid tier.

Classic already has a GDKP system so TBC will have it aswell Gold will once again rule every side of the game and if they include tokens A LOT of players who don’t frequent the forums and simply play the game will buy tokens and Blizzard will make more money.

These are just simple facts about how/why Tokens will eventually end up hitting the classic version of the game.

You do realise i explained how I think tokens are a real possibility, I agree with you there.

You keep referring to retail, retail gold is absolutely worthless whether you have 100g or 100,000,000g it literally doesn’t matter anymore because the tokens completely devalued the gold, if you struggle with gold go online and learn, I struggle with gold in classic because I’m not the best at farming it, but I research how to get better, I will never pay for a token because I struggle and its not an excuse to add another microtransaction into the game that will have a massive impact,

" if a player is not very good but has money to buy tokens they can just buy mystic raids "
Litetally pay to win, do you really want tbc to be pay to win? Do you really want to see players paying real money for black temple and Sunwell gear instead of actually playing the game as intended?

I’m struggling to see how you can think tokens will be a good idea
Like I said I agree that they are a possibility, does not make it right though

And before you call me toxic again you said quote " its good for blizzard and helps players who are bad at gold making stay relevant so it doesn’t matter all that much "
This tells me you either think tokens are a good idea or you simply don’t care, which is it?

I don’t think for a moment Tokens are a good idea but merely they are a realistic possibility.

I’ve only ever stated facts not whether I think they are good or not however Tokens do achieve the thing’s I am pointing out and to some players that is something positive where as to others like myself it takes away from the game as you mentioned the item inflation due to gold being essentially worthless.

My references to retail were to point out how/why Tokens are bought/sold and currently Classic is heading exactly towards the current retail raid model in that Retail raider’s sell runs for crazy amount of gold and Classic raiders just sell items for gold or GDKP so if were totally honest here Classic is already pay to win just in a slower fashion.

Right now we have multiple players including lots in my guild (Which isn’t a hardcore one) who have well over 10-20-30k gold and when TBC launches they could very easily just spend gold on items instead of actually putting any real work in which is pay to win just using gold instead of IRL money.

If were gonna complain about paying for items using IRL money then we can’t excuse the idea of using gold to achieve the same thing aswell.

I have not and will not participate in GDKP runs because winning items and progressing should be in my opinion done with your guilds whilst having fun not sat there with a ton of gold participating in an auction to see who has the most gold.

Tokens achieve the same thing as GDKP just with less steps in terms of using gold for items.

Classic will never be the same and Tokens will not help the situation but there are players who want the game to be easier in some aspects and Blizzard will answer those cries because it will generate free extra money.

To very quickly address your notion that I called you toxic for disagreeing with my comment I actually took no issue with your original reply but the second one which you said I wouldn’t even try and explain it, if someone thinks tokens will be good there’s no hope which to me shows you are only interested in a discussion aslong as that discussion has people who only agree with your particular opinions on this subject and the fact that your still trying to pretend what you said wasn’t toxic again makes me get the feeling you still don’t quite understand the difference between being toxic and being passionate.

Completely disregarding other’s opinions when they don’t align with your’s is what makes you toxic not passionate and hopefully you’ll realize this one day and stop being so dismissive to people who may or may not have differing opinions which ironically I actually don’t want Tokens but you are so fixated on trying to make my opinions come across more inflamatory than they really are your totally missing what I am actually saying.

If you actually read my comment’s you will clearly see I am not for the tokens but simply putting across a multitude of reasons as to why Blizzard may consider adding Tokens in.

Your welcome to keep trying to argue the point that you’re not a toxic forum poster but instead of trying to defend what is a pretty cut and dry case you could just participate in the discussion regarding WoW Tokens and why or why not they should be in TBC and prove me wrong with future posts instead of just digging your own grave as it were.