WoW1/WoW2 and subscription

Does Classic get tied to the account I sub to, or can I sub to WoW2 this month and WoW1 next, and still play my Classic character(s)?

im not sure what you mean with wow 1 and wow 2 but i assume you mean retail and classic.

an active subscription grants access to both versions to the same time. there are no separate subs.

edit: i think i misunderstood you. you get access to classic/retail characters if the account they are on has an active subscription.

Are those two different accounts? Wow classic is available on any account with an active subscription. It’s just one sub for both classic and retail. But you may not have access to characters in an inactive account if you change your subscription.

Guess that answers it then. I’ll just have to wait until I sub to my main account then.

WoW1 I assume is your normal WoW account.
WoW2 is a free trial account.
At least I have like that.
I do not remember exactly, I’m in work but those 2 accounts are named something in those lines for me:
(WoW1)Rhil
(wow2)trial
If you sub to one of them to keep your toons you need to continue on it.
If you sub to the other you will loose whole progress, and also access to retail expansions if you have any.

Every sub account has different characters tied to it. They also have their own individual character limit of 50.

You can sub them both at the same time and log them in at the same time too.

WoW 1 and WoW 2 are likely two different accounts, mine are WoW 3 (US) and WoW 4 (EU).

Each account requires a sub, and each will have a version of classic with their own characters.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.