Wowhead advertising illegal addon

If Blizzard don’t shut this down they’ve lost a paying customer.

Blizzard TOS on addons: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ui-add-on-development-policy/24534. Scroll down to the section titled: 1) Add-ons must be free of charge.

13 Likes

Oh God lol.

1 Like

Yeah same stuff as TSM.

They might say that the addon itself is not what people pay for, but access to their api/website/database.
Warcraftlogs does not take take data from blizzard but they take it straight from players, where they are maintaining their own database (and thus they are rationalizing this system).

On the one hand, it is kind of a grey area that they are trying to push the boundaries abit harder (like tsm did previously), which blizzard might actually take offense and ban it.

On the other hand, the addon proposition seems quite bad to me. You already can find that info with a fast google search of the players, but you ask players to pay for that, for something that is less impactful that rio score.

But at the end of the day it will never catch up. TSM got away with it with providing an actual advantage through their massive database and information that blizz was not providing. This addon just saves you the time of a google search with actually providing you less info (like actually going through the logs).

And the chat spamming restedXP. <.<

Blizzard ought to explicitly extend the TOS to hit add-ons that are clear fronts for purchased services. Yeah, they might be “wrappers” for things, but unlike Weak-aura the first google results will send you to something paid.

2 Likes

Yeah although I kind of like the fact that blizz does not need to kill this addon. It will die by itself.

It adds no new functionality, it does not provide really useful information, and costs double the wow sub. Even without the cost, it would be a mediocre proposition for most players, but with 25 bucks monthly cost to essentially “skip” googling? I do not think many players would choose it (maybe the existing patrons).

Seeing how people pay for boosts i doubt it will.

They also have enough budget to push adverts.

They should ban all sort of Auction Addons. It’s getting abused. Also Blizzard should not share Auction House Data, players should check Auction House in game, not from API.

5 Likes

AFAIK this is why tsm works.

Because bliz does not share AH details, tsm is getting this data from its users (players that use the ah while having the addon). This is their “reason” for their practice/cost. If blizz shared AH data, then it would be pretty easy to create multiple TSM like addons which would just drive them out of business.

Addons should be removed anyway, told you its creating unfair adventage

3 Likes

Nothing stopping new players from getting them, just like how they need to look up a guide for their class to be efficient.

You’re 20 years too late to be whining about addons… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

$25 per month To get This addon running in your 50$ game above 13$ per month sub, Surely everyone can get it

2 Likes

You weren’t talking about this addon, you said all addons…

Dw nobody is gonna take your Bigwigs or DBM from you, we know your life depends on them :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

Cool someone made a topic about it. I hope for official statement about this from a Blizzard developer.

Why? Because there are rules for a reason and if someone benefits from a game code and sells an service, it’s stealing. Simple as that.

Still doesn’t make that wanton wishful thinking of yours downright pathetic and narrow minded when addons do so much more than just combat oriented or the AH… plus you’d be screwing over people with a disability that rely on them, but since you keep spamming about your hate for addons doubt you care about that. :dracthyr_shrug:

For the record I’m against addons with a paywall, and as such got no problems with those getting shut down.

2 Likes

i’ll Give you 50$ if you do a high key without addons
prove me you’re skilled

1 Like

Did I ever proclaimed I was skilled? Stop being an irrelevant troll…

1 Like

That’s what i thought baby, that’s what i thought

Great, you won an argument with just yourself.

Give yourself a self congratulatory pat on the back;

:+1:

3 Likes

But that wont actually solve the problem with bots tho…