WPVP, population, layers

I play for wpvp and after a bit of time, everyone leveling at a different pace (and different # of characters), even if the realm still shows as “full”, the 20-30 areas are half empty and it can take over 30min to find a opponent for any wpvp. That’s too slow. Leveling single player is not super fun, it doesn’t compare to other games like Diablo2. Wpvp is awesome when the pace is good, but when it’s that slow you can turn to other games for even open world action like BR types of games. Definitely need layers removed. I know what a 8K+ population wow vanilla realm is like, and its AWESOME, much better than this! Also suggest increased view distance. I have “cancelled” my subscription right now as I’m not sure about next month and will do manually.
(i am not interested in expansions)

btw I wonder how many layers there are, if anyone knows?

the last number I saw for dreadnaught (unconfirmed) was a peak population of 16K simultaneously online. From what I’m seeing I suppose there must be at least 4 layers, maybe more.

1 Like

Rarely see a layer 3 or 4 on Dreadnaught personally - nearly always layer 1 and 2 (and seen people in world chat complaining about lack of layer 2 on multiple occasions)

Is horrible.

Layers killed warcraft world.

3 Likes

Will you remove layers if I vote for you?

1 Like

I think they should poll players to remove layers or not… some players are ok with layers and obviously the opposite is true for others. I always disliked the idea and they were the #1 reason why I left pretty early on the first classic. Populated world is a lot more fun, despite some annoyances that may happen like harder to survive, flight paths getting kinda camped at times but honestly all that is just mostly fun to deal with lolz and so much better than having a half empty world. I know opinions differ on ideal population… Anyway imo poll that and if players don’t want layers remove them.

What is a solution for players who don’t want the high pop ? Lower pop realms.

I mean if you think about it, some realms are dying cause they’re too low pop. Because of layers there is not much “downside” to joining one highest pop realm, so the low pop realms are too low. But also because of layers it’s not possible to have a true high pop realm, like it’s more than possible with 2022 tech, the player population actually being there also already. Just don’t do layers.

1 Like

100% will do.

Layers are anti MMO.

3 Likes

Even just the concept of switching layers seems wrong and like a cheat, and just the concept of layers is wrong. Open world is open world, no layers please.

3 Likes

I’ve had no issues with layers personally. I can always find plenty of the opposite faction by just going to any PVP hotspot. If you’re alliance you should probably just roll horde if you want WPVP as the majority of players seem to be playing Alliance. There are loads of Alliance to kill everywhere.

I personally prefer layers because I can actually find ore and herb nodes and not have to stand around forever waiting for mobs to spawn.

1 Like

Bro, u rolled the 70% faction. Ofc u dont find people to pvp with

1 Like

i do find hordies to fight just 4 times less than without layers, I just have experience of how much better the game is without them on a good pop and yeah I like it

I’ve never had much of an issue with nodes with no layers, but if that was a concern, it’s not difficult to add a bunch of nodes or change the spawn timings accordingly, if necessary.

I would have rolled horde if the ratio was known when I started playing, now I’m gonna keep playing ally I think. I’d suggest displaying faction ratio somewhere…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.