WRATH servers is a MUST :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

For some reason my previous post got buried and destroyed. I guess that’s how Blizz treats player feedback and they “listening”.

If you listen hear me out:
If you won’t release a Wrath era server you will make one of the biggest mistakes in the universe of existence of WoW. Your Cata will be ghosttown and ppl will either go:

1. Back to Classic Era
  2. Private Wrath servers
  3. Or quit which is same as 2.
69 Likes

I think maintaining a WOTLK era server woukd be great. Its not so important that i would throw my toys out the pram if i dont get what i want, but yeah it would be great to have it after Classic Cata comes out

12 Likes

Classic Era players are very different from WotLK players. Cataclysm is closer to WotLK than any other expansion, it’s closer to WotLK than even TBC is. In fact, anyone who enjoys WotLK currently would love Cataclysm. It’s simply better, up until Dragon Soul.

WotLK is already underpopulated as it is. Creating Wrath Era servers would just get both Wrath and Cataclysm to die. The best thing they can do is get Cataclysm out, followed by Mist of Pandaria, after which they restart the cycle anew, by releasing Wrath servers, that then turn into Cataclysm, then MoP. (No one cares about TBC)

Wrath is a raid logging game, so is Cataclysm for the most part… Why not change the raids people log on to clear every few months?

4 Likes

Why would anyone pay a sub to play on servers where Naxx 3.0 is the endgame?

3 Likes

Doubt it mate.

6 Likes

I do not believe in cata ad well

1 Like

I think release of HC, SoD and Era servers divided attention from Wrath but just give it some time. Era servers were ghosttown when TBC released but now they’re alive as much as they were on 2019 launch. One PvP megaserver isn’t too much for Blizz.

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I love wotlk, I played it a lot especially in Pservers, but I would be more than happy to keep playing classic until MoP since I didn’t play Cata and MoP back then.

I experienced the endgame in wotlk and it’s good but I’d like my char to move on and keep evolving.

6 Likes

So you just decide things for everyone? I love wotlk, I will never set foot in cata trash exp

9 Likes

That’s your loss. You’ve been hating Cataclysm for so long you forgot what you even dislike about it. If you were to try it honestly, you’d realize I was right all along: Cataclysm is one of the best expansions ever made, and if Dragon Soul were a good raid and PvE gear didn’t run rampant in S11 arenas, it would’ve been remembered as such both for PvP and PvE.

3 Likes

This… S f’ing tired of pve gear in arena. Took them well into MoP to realize how damaging pve gear was.

We saw the same in TBC, glaive rogues got alot of attention.
We see the same nowadays with SM warrs.

We will deffo see the same with FoF rogues and DWT casters next xpac.

Just remove legendaries from arena, and ill live with not having trinket bonuses.

4 Likes

TBC era please.

12 Likes

Every message you post makes you cringer

3 Likes

Hey, Classic Legion is a must :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t recall MoP as much as I should. Didn’t PvP Power essentially make PvE gear worthless from the first season?

To be fair, TBC & WotLK arenas would be bad even if PvE gear had no impact. The classes are so unbalanced, the damage spread is awful and the whole game is a rng grindfest (better hope the orc doesn’t resist my ks hahaha, oh look, I died because of the random mace stun haha oops) and the gameplay is just too janky and unpolished. Even WotLK is just not as polished as the next expansions.

Legendaries, trinkets, off pieces… Fortunately it only truly plagues S11, only DWT (and feral using… 4? pve pieces) is a thing in S10, and while it does truly suck to face it, it’s easy enough to get that I consider it a feature of casters as opposed to an aberration, not to the same extent that Shadowmourne is. As for FoF… Well, S11 is doodoo, so I might just skip the season altogether.

Then tell me, why do you hate Cataclysm?

1 Like

Prepare for a wall:)

Yeah, but it also made pve trinkets worthless. You got a set bonus with the pvp trinkets, which reduced dmg taken by 15%, or something similar. People who didnt have that trinket set got SMOKED, since it was obvious when someone didnt have it:P

I strongly disagree, i’ve always been a huge fan of keeping the 2 modes (pve/pvp) sort of separate. Meeting someone in arena who has a HUGE(!) advantage simply beacause they slay dragons, which is nowhere near relevant to what you are doing in arena, is just unfair.

Which the legendaries are, a huge advantage.

This depends what you compare it to. Atm,“everyone” have a class that counters you or that you counter yourself.
Could it be better? Ofc, but it could also be way worse.

Not quite sure what you mean by this.

Not in pvp, you are guaranteed loot if you are good enough. Pve, sure.

And yet rogues are one of the strongest classes in arena, having multiple s+ tier comps.

I havent met any mace warriors yet? Or are you referring to TBC (which was a dumb pvp expansion, i agree)

The only gamebreaking items are legendary weapons, or trinkets. Offpieces themselves dont really make or break arena imo.

Rogues with FoF (fangs of father from DS i think) was huge.
And DWT is HUGE.
Trinkets from DS( even the LFR trinkets did mad work)
I remember the weapons from LFR from DW also did work. (maybe that changes now, but i have doubts)

You still gotta get in “queue” to get it, everyone cant get it at the same time. If they could, things would be different i reckon.

I enjoy pvp more than pve in this game. Having to skip a season just beacause of rogues who do pve, is annoying.

Why cant pvp gear be bis in pvp? and pve bis in pve? Imagine the crying if the pve people had to do LOTS of pvp, in order to get bis stuff for pve?
The whining would be through the roof.

1 Like

Untrue. In gear capped conditions for s8 (no HC gear, no Smourne), almost every spec works and has a place.

On that meta it’s easier to list the things that lack some viability:

• Arcane
  • Boomkin (Can still be played to top 10 on ladder with high amount of skill + Rogue in 2’s)
  • Holy Priest
  • Fury
  • Combat Rogue
  • Bear Tank
  • Blood DK
  • Surv Hunt
  • Demo Lock

The only other thing you can do is to give Beastcleave and LS/x 10% damage reductions and make HPala buffs cost more mana in 2’s, and it’s fine.

1 Like

Why would i try something i know i hate? I played it back then and it made me quit the game for the first time ever. I only came back for the Pandaria pre-patch (Pandaria was very good looking but was trash overall).

2 Likes

Nah, everyone here is only waiting for Classic Dragonflight. The faster we get there, the better. We could even skip some other expansions like Cata or Pandaria to get there faster. Everyone hates everything that’s not the most recent thing, after all.