WRATH servers is a MUST :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

While I do agree that it makes pvp unbalanced, I think it also makes sense with the way they have been directing player lore. On one side you have dudes who beat each other’s mugs for money every day in some backwater slum, on the other side you have big damn heroes of the realm, it’s natural the heroes would have an advantage.
I liked the game better when everyone was just a faceless adventurer, though.

I can understand the arguement of player progression etc, building 1 character and using the gear you get. Giving you a bond to your own character.

In theory this sounds okay-ish, but when you boil it down to what its actually about it loses its value. In either case you can make each side the winner, just depends on who you wanna make the protagonist.

Pve is easier than pvp, you can read your way through all the tactics beforehand because you know EXACTLY (!) what PP hc does at what %. You know exactly what new abilities he will get and what they do. After that it just becomes repetition, you do the same strat, same positioning, same bossfights.

Good luck doing that in pvp:)

1 Like

And yet pvp players tend to be the worst of the worst when it comes to PvE. Except for really high Arena players because they care equaly as much about both modes.

I have the complete opposite experience.
I’ve played this game since release basically, done all kinds of both pve and pvp (hard/soft-core). And my experience gives pvp players the best credit. Paying attention to position and the surroundings, which pvp is “all about” anyway.

But i guess we have different experiences on that front.

This is a double-edged sword, i’ve met countless pvp players who dislike pve but they have to do it in order to be relevant for pvp. Some pve items are just to good to leave out.

There are ofc high rated players who enjoy both.

Most people i know absolutely hate pve, stopped playing or didnt even start playing wrath just cos of pve. Obviously there are some who enjoy it however i know about very few people who would enter raid willingly.

Think its awfull idea, despite that it wont be wotlk fresh, its allready gonna be last phase,and they will need 2 pay attention to arena seasons and do something with naming of seasons,if they gonna repeat naming it will make r1 titles that was obtained worth less. And people will just farm those r1 titles to move theyr chars to cata+, which will be pretty easy cz of low population on wotlk realms.

1 Like

At least 1 wrath era server would be really cool. I stopped playing wrath thr same day when blizz announced that wrath will not have seperate server.

I don’t need seasons, just woltk server.

6 Likes

I said high(ranked) arena players did i not?

Well there is a reason most people avoid PvP players when they recruit for guilds.
And as i said, high(ranked) arena players, not the average joe.

Yes you did and most of my friends are multi r1 players or even people who competed or still compete at tournaments. Isnt that high enough?

No. Because i have seen posts from you before and they are just filled with garbage. So i will not take your word for anything.

Well obviously i expected you would dismiss anything that doesnt fit your narrative.

There can be multiple reasons for that though. Maybe pvp players struggle with motivation to do pve, and therefore drop out making the guild have to recruit again.

Maybe pvp players stop raiding once they get that 1 piece of gear they need.

Pvp players can be toxic.

It is afterall 2 different game modes, which brings 2 different priorities.

High depends on the eye of the beholder, people struggling on 1k might think 1.5 and above is high. People on rank 1, might think 2.4 and above is high.

I dont know what you consider high.

Naturally. Just having an advantage does not mean the character in question would always win. Both in a narrative and in actual pvp.

Yes, thats true.
But there comes a time where the advantage just becomes ridiculous. Which is where we are now.

Besides, isnt it more fair that the better player wins? Isnt that what pvp is about? skill? If 2 mirror comps face eachother, its only reasonable the better players win. Not whoever paid the most for X item from a raid (over-dramatic here, but you get the idea)

I think we are to far apart to agree on this.

I cant describe how much i dislike pve items in pvp. And there is a reason why it was “banned” from pvp later on, only took them several years.

The really fun part is that in tbc, they even banned other items in arena (non-legendaries). They even banned a sword from VANILLA(!),
(silent fang from scholomance, on hit 6 seconds silence)
there was talk about banning legendaries too cuz of rogues. But it seems to have just faded away.

A little rant on the end here, but this matter frustrates me.

Yes, of course.

Yes, and it would make sense in a pvp-focused game. No gear, cookie-cutter pvp specs only, final destination. WoW is not really focused on anything, so there are more factors coming in. Completely separating instanced pvp from the rest of the game would be better for pvp and honestly I don’t think it would affect the rest of the game much - world pvp is (was) enough to make the world feel natural.

I wished they did the same for TBC but nothing happened with it. Did they have a vote or something I think?

I sort of disagree with this, since this game caters more to the pve side than the pvp one. We dont even have a pvp LFG tab in the new tool. Pve gets alot of new and pretty big QoL changes occasionally(buying previous raid’s trinkets from dungeon farming), pvp isnt even touched. Same as it was for X amount of years ago.
Class balances are also made due to pve reasons.

Yeah, i 100% agree. In a perfect world, we would have pvp servers where balance was made around pvp, and pve servers where balance was made around pve. This will obviously never happen, but it would be fun to see it in action.

There is no such thing as world pvp anymore, for some reason the pve’ers didnt like to partake in world pvp (so we got monofaction servers). You can ask the question “why go to a pvp server then?”, who knows. Annoyingly enough, blizzard decided to balance factions in SoD, but not in wotlk. But atleast the SoD’ers should be happy for this.

And i dont really mind the pve gear in world pvp, world pvp is very very rarely fair anyway. And nothing is at stake, wether you win or lose. I can even accept pve gear in bg’s, just not rated gameplay (wether it be rbg or arena)

Did someone say…fresh?

Hello no!)