WTF is this?

Didn’t they bring Metzen back to fix the storys in wow? I’ve done all quest up to half of Hallowfall. This is the lamest sh*t ever. Anduin whining like a baby every second and all the main story characters are girl bosses that have to guide all the incompetent weak male characters.
Oh noo, it’s gone 5 min since a talked about my feelings, and how hard it is to be me!!!

Let’s do what marvel did!! All the fans loved that!!

3 Likes

My guy. Metzen gave us dead Kael’thas twice and blaming all Horde problems on Garrosh. He would never fix the story in a way the fans actually want it.

6 Likes

Ah, human paladin cosplaying as Arthas.
Anyways PTSD is a thing lil bro, not everyone is like Varian.

3 Likes

Metzen does not have the influence he once had within the company. It remains to be seen if his influence grows and if he even remains at the company once the current saga ends.

I would also note that some pretty controversial lore decisions were made even under his supervision during the supposed ‘good old days’. The Blood Elves were handled very poorly, especially Kael’thas. Lady Vashj and Illidan were unceremoniously killed off as well.

Has no one watched Lord of the Rings? A man can cry, offer forgiveness even after a betrayal, mourn those lost, and still be the manliest hero out there. War is trauma. We’re all old enough to learn the viewpoint of this and learn to empathize. Especially with so many at war in real life.

4 Likes

Of course PTSD is real. Of course it is realistic to have characters suffer from it.

That’s beside the point though. The question is, is a story about PTSD entertaining to the core Warcraft audience? It’s a story. The writers choose what to include, exclude, highlight or minimize. That’s a decision they unltimately have to justify by its appeal to the audience.

This is game fantasy no one wants experience irl stuff in game, way of escape of reality at firs place. Game in past had equal strong male and female chars now it dont have. When u have in game body type 1 and 2 instead of male and female it says all.

4 Likes

According to his interview he doesn’t have much say in things anymore.

Did you even watch the interview?

He explicitly states that by the time he rejoined TWW was already too deep into development for him to have any meaningful impact. If anything his presence will either be felt mid expansion or from Midnight and onwards.

1 Like

I don’t mind if the storys are heavy on “the lets fight the evil with love and unity” and all that.
But can’t we have some blood and honor feeling in some quest lines, It’s warcraft, not emocraft. I do like Xal’atath. She seems mad and evil to the core. But i guess in the end we gonna win over her by standing strong together and fight her with love and our feelings. When i started playing at the start of TBC, I did the stalvan quest line in duskwood. No cut scenes, not much fighting, But that quest line is one of the best and creepiest of all time.

ahh my bad.

He’s basically come back to a new Blizzard. Many of the old guard gone, a new team, a new lead, a new philosphy (as far as we can tell from the outside).

Imho, the problem with BfA and Shadowlands was not necessarily WHAT they had planned for the story, but HOW they told the story. Even the Jailer could have worked after the build up in BfA, had they taken their time to set him up as the mysterious creature in the Maw. They could have leaned more into the shady aspect of the Eternal Ones, make us question if we’re really helping the good guys here or if Sylvanas’ was actually right and her actions justified in a twisted way.
They could have fed us breadcrumbs about him, until they finally revealed his true intentions by showing us the first meeting of Sylvanas’ and Zovaal in a cinematic where we get to see him present his POV.

With Iridikron and the Primal Incarnates, we at least got a general idea where they were coming from, especially through Vyranoth.

I think they brought Chris Metzen back to ground the Warcraft story again, after all, he was among the Devs who made people hooked to the game in the first place. And of course, because there’s nobody who can generate more response and hype from a BlizzCon audience :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But the quest zones and the feeling you get when you fly through them are among the best in wow history. Everything fits and they are really well done

1 Like

I’ll never understand why so many people see Metzen as the Messiah

1 Like

Easy… because many people feel that WoW needs one, and well… it wasn’t Golden, it wasn’t Danuser, it wasn’t Afrasiabi, it wasn’t Kosak… We need hope, and all that…

But… the lore wasn’t perfect when Metzen was there though?

Who expects perfect? People want the stuff they liked when they were younger and stupider back! Prefereedly with the same emotions attached, no matter how impossible that might be.

1 Like

Didn’t Metzen started the “rule of cool”? the very thing that broke Warcraft lore.

That’s what we despised 15 years ago, man! It’s “the good old days” now. :wink:

To be fair, compared to the Shadowlands-era, a lot of manure looks nice.

Give Anduin rest he has earned it.