Wtf is wrong with pickpocketing?

LIke wtf: You cant pickpocket BRD at all.

Lvl 60, 300 lockpicking.

After 5 mobs, resist, after 2 mobs, resist. Wtf is wrong with it, it seems like every day it is secretly nerfed.

Any other rogues have the same problem in BRD or have an alt option to pickpocket gold?

8 Likes

"Pick Pocket loot table for a mob generally resets after about 10 minutes.

The Pick Pocket ability can also be resisted, which will remove the Rogue from Stealth. The chance for Pick Pocket to be resisted is based on the player’s level in relation to the mob’s level, so if the player is higher level then the resist chance will be lower.

It is also worth mentioning that not every humanoid mob will have a Pick Pocket loot table, and other mobs (demons, such as satyrs) may have a Pick Pocket loot table. The rule of thumb is that if the mob physically looks like they might have pockets, odds are they have a Pick Pocket loot table."

So my guess is that you’ll resist BRD mobs more because you’re not at least 10+ lvls higher than them.

8 mins.

But 50± lvl 50 they are and i am 60, shouldnt brake so much

Like explained above, pickpocketing is affected by +hit. Unless you’re hit capped for the level of the mob you’re trying to pickpocket, you can miss, and sooner or later you’ll find yourself in an unlucky streak for several misses in a row.

Personally I rarely miss against those mobs these days; I just vanish and if it happens to miss before Vanish is up again I use preparation and alt+tab or leave it there.

It’s not miss it’s resisted.

1 Like

Same thing. Pickpocketing is a spell. When it misses, it gets “resisted”.

Hm that makes sense then

I read that there’s a 5% Resist chance no matter how much Hit you have or how high your Stealth is.

It’s annoying though as there are times I have been resisted twice in 10 mobs, but then can go 100 mobs and not have one resist. But overall, it seems about right and evens out if you’re doing long pickpocket session.

Vanish, Elusiveness and Preparation are your best friends when pickpocketting.

1 Like

It does feel a bit over the top compared to original classic. I might remember that wrong, but i do have memories of doing full LBRS pick-pocket runs without too many issues. Also, Being resisted by mobs 5+ levels below you just feels really bad.

4 Likes

Start writing your results down if you think that there is something wrong. Human bias tends to be to interpret actual randomness as non-random. Because with randomness it is expected that you will have streaks of even a rare result.

Personally it feels quite correct to me. Sometimes pick pocket resists don’t happen for an hour straight and other times it seems to happen every 5 to 10 mobs.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, there’s a dumb thing where rogues stack a type of gear, like spell power or something absurd for the sole purpose of pickpocketing better.

I don’t remember exactly what but I’m sure some people remember.

Spellpower to increase pickpocketing?
If anything, spell hit

2 Likes

Look I said I don’t remember, It was just something absurd.

It feels like they stealth nerfed pickpocketing actually. But I’m not sure.

1 Like

I earned 750g over a span of 5 days pickpocketing in BRD. I’d say it’s fine… yes an occasional resist happen now and then. I would definitely recommend going cb/prep spec for it. Really handy having prep. I went for a route of pickpocketing every mob up to loregain, kill him, then pickpocket my way to bar and kill bartender too, then pick pocket a 2nd round of arena as their pockets has respawned them out and reset and repeat. Was like 35-45g per hour with selling goblin cable recipes and major healing pots on ah.

3 Likes

Ditto.
I did 3 runs (half an hour total) of SM: Library pickpocketting yesterday.
I had a resist in the first 2 minutes, then another around 15 minutes later.
So two resists over 30 minutes.

If we say that there was approx 60 mobs (off the top of my head, could possibly be more) pick pocketed per run, three runs over the half hour would have been 180 mobs pick pocketed, divide by the 2 resists = 1% Resist rate.

This is based on my level of 37 vs average mob level of 35-37.

Stack spellhit

1%, and it’s only affected by mob/player level and spell hit.

When there’s a 1% miss (or “resist”) chance, on average you’ll be able to pickpocket up to 100 times without missing. However this also means there’s a ~10% chance you won’t be able to pickpocket more than 10 mobs in a row without missing (1 - 0.99^10).

People who pickpocket often will miss several times in a short time window sooner or later, simply because that’s how gambling works. And of course if there are thousands of players, someone will necessarily have much better or worse luck than everybody else.

it is funny but I heard if you get 3% spell hit rating it will never resist lol. Test it out.

On retail that’s true, in Classic you shouldn’t be able to go below 1% miss.

Personally my biggest issue has been Vanish failing, but I guess that’s true to vanilla =)

2 Likes