You have overdone it with the Healer Nerfs

Thats it. Just a personal opinion of someone who always mained heal and really enjoyed it.
Healing VP last boss over +20 on Tyr is pure agony. Or BH first boss, the blade guy porting around. Same with third boss in HOI or the worm in NL or Forgemaster Gorek in Neltharus, the totem dude in Uldaman, the dot snake lady in uldaman, just to name a few that instantly pop to mind.
With these bosses, I can’t even cast anything fast enough, people are already dead lol
And whats almost worse - the mana is just never enough. If you significantly amp up the damage spikes you also have to increase healers mana pool.

Yeah, git gud git gud git gud. I just think it’s too much. Maybe I’m bad, maybe my gear is too bad but decline of people playing heal is pretty evident so… that might be a reason? :smiley:

6 Likes

Granted, most i’ve done is 15’s and slightly above so I wouldn’t put much stock on my experience, but i’ve not been having fun healing this week either. Neltharus is the biggest soft-spot at the moment, with Magmatusk combo and dot making me want to spit my heart out and Forgemaster Gorek being more comfortable and yet still hell in general.

Sloooowly working it out. I do hope it’s just a gear issue, that would be the least of my problems.

1 Like

aggreing on the most part look some topics under your’s and you find mine apprechiating all healers that have to deal with tyrannical bosses…

Last season overall 25k hps in dungeons by healers now 80k+ aren’t enougth

I totally agree on this.
Been playing and loving Mythic Plus since it first came out in Legion, primarily as healer (Holy paladin) And I’ve more or less always loved it a lot, its been a good and fun mode for the most of the time. But sadly, being a healer in M+ in Dragonflight is just no fun at all, especially during tyranical weeks because the damage from some bosses are just beyond silly.
Just timed a 18 Brackenhide hollow, failed on a 19 due to the insane damage output from the first boss there. Like really, people die so quickly now you barely have time to respond as a healer. there are to many scenarios where people die in 0-1 seconds or at times where they die because you have global cooldown. This is a very poor game design. Having the difficulty for healers being if you get it, you die, is not good. This makes M+ just very frustrating and it is just no fun at all to be playing M+ anymore sadly.
Since M+ came in Legion, this was the part of the game I’ve loved the most to be playing, but this faded more and more now in Dragonflight which is really sad becuase my honest opinion about Dragonflight is that it is such a good expansion so far, we are getting content and things to do regulary now which is great to see, and what we get, is actual quality for the most part as well. So they are heading in the right direction, just not with M+…

1 Like

I mean i do like to heal through damage, but there are some bosses, that are crazily overtuned or MW is not done for that to heal it. I did a 21 uldaman, 3rd Boss hitting me through Sac with 250k each Dottick, while i can Vivify for not even half of this Tick with 4p active.

Last Boss 110k HPS is not enough if you run out of defensive or not able to remove the Magic Debuffs - knockback and you are dead.

I dont wanna know how crazy Mammut in Neltharus is - its also pure pain in Forti.

1 Like

anyone who says this to a healer is a fool

As a DPS, theres nothing more i want then healers lives made easier. it encourages more to play the role, therefore my groups are made faster realistically. xD

its a Selfish reason to want Healers to be Powerful Sure. but i dont understand why any DPS Player would want it any other way realistically lol.

1 Like

Not sure I agree, those keys you mentioned have been timed even on +25 difficulty by NA and Chinese teams so you failing a 19 is your own and group skill issue, nothing else.

Says the guy with 1.2k rio and the highest key being +12. Sure Jan :smiley:
Also, great reading comprehension, I’m talking about +20 and above :wink:

100k hps on BH first boss in +18 Tyrannical, still not enough

1 Like

Says the complaining loser who hasn’t killed 1 mythic boss.

Bro, I’m not a raider. I did HC solely for some tier pieces :smiley: Oh wait, how many HC bosses did you kill? Keep going on about mythic bosses while not having even done HC xD

Certainly the first boss in brackenhide though tbh i littarly cannot heal it on my paladin, my shaman is quite hard too on an 18 brackenhide.

1 Like

I mean i would like to heal someone not as s1 that you even didnt needed to heal tbh. Even 20 wasnt that hard. They did a great change except the nerf to healing is pretty harsh.

Well, season 1 was tough as well :smiley: ever tried healing RLP fortified on +23 ? :smiley:

main thing I hate with first boss in bracken is that its literally impossible to heal. the only possible solution to that boss is having your team preemptively use damage reductions and pressing health pot every time the bleeds go out. you’d need somewhere in the range of 400k HPS to outheal the bleeds with pure throughput which is just epic.

I much more prefer stuff like 3rd boss in halls of infusion or worm boss in neltharions lair where if you do your stuff right you pump great HPS and stuff lives, or bosses where you just live big one shots and then recover.

1 Like

Really always ’ did you ever try to heal’ listen NO i did not, is that a reference if you had a rough time? No, healing now is more spike’s then it was in S1 even if it was ‘RLP +23’. Sick of these answers tbh.

Bro chill out, we’re both essentially on the same side so why are you getting so amped up? All I’m saying is that healing in Dragonflight altogether is just way too stressful and S2 makes it even worse. However, S1 wasn’t necessarily chill either like you described. Maybe below +20 and at a certain ilvl. It wasn’t like in Shadowlands where healers were treated as a fourth dps.
And the “ever healed” questions are totally valid. I mean, if your highest healed key in S1 was, say, RLP +10 Tyrannical and you say “god, why is everyone raving about RLP it’s so easy to heal bro”, your opinion just isn’t that valuable to me. It is what it is.

as a discipline priest, I enjoy this season, especially with 4set. Managed to get over 2.8k in score but now that im trying to push 22s, there are few bosses that are Notably (if not completely ridiculously) harder than others.

AS a priest heal:

NL: without at least 2 poison dispellers, the worm will wipe you in under a minute.

VP: 2nd boss: if you get unlucky having to dodge the white spread on the wrong side of wind, you’re dead and so is your grp!

Uldaman: 3rd boss bleed into knocback, especially when empowered - you’re ded!

HoI 1st boss - the massive aoe under your feet, ticking for 160k!

Magmatusk - without insane dps, you will melt. They removed the vial now as well, somehow I managed to time 21 in Neltharus and will not be going back there if I don’t have to.

Pls note that these are examples of 22+ in difficulty, I personally find the difference in damage from 21 to 22 beyond retarded!

BH - easiest dung ever, just take 2 palas for BoP and LoH, on 1st boss precast renews b4 pull and start with rapture 2s into a pull (talented as well) and you’ll be fine with some radiance and FH procs. Without palas, good luck coz you will need an awful lot of it! Lemme know how you feel about Gashing Frenzy without palas!

I wish blizz played their own game.

1 Like

worth noting they just nerfed magmatusk at the same time as fixing the vial

Hard agree. I started healing M+ last season as Evoker and Hpala. Healing 20s was fun for me and player mistakes wouldn’t be all that bad depending on what mistakes where. This season healing an 18 feels like I’m healing a 21 from last season but with way less forgiving mechanics. Take last boss on Neltharus for instance. One mistake anywhere on that +4 min encounter is a guaranteed wipe. All mechanics 1 shot and the dot is just insane. Fortified bosses feel like tyrannical bosses and tyrannical bosses feel like they’re from 3 keys higher. It’s not fun anymore. Trying to push to 20s all for 3 item levels from the vault. Even then you could be taking tokens.

1 Like