You having fun?

Being fresh 50 with 7k hp i70 vs 20k hp mythic i150.
Every random bg, getting one shot by low dmg aoe, 2k 3k 4k crits from a few guys, can’t literally do anything to anyone.
It’s the catch 22, gotta have gear to perform, can’t perform without gear, which is rewarded by doing bg’s… oh yeah I’m totally going to pay 500k for mythic boosts. Not.

Let’s face some facts, random pvp is p2win.
You buy gold with real money, buy mythic boost, roflstomp ppl in bg. Wow, amazing, way to compensate all your lack of achievements and feeling any sort of power that you need to sink this low and abuse such a poor system.

It’s 2020, can we get a damn optional “soft rated random bg” ?
I wanna be put in a BG with ppl who have similar ilvl to mine, to stand a chance.
This would be natural progression. Why aren’t you doing this? There are enough players and it would be optional.

4 Likes

why cant you just gear like a normal person? clear mythic dungeons in LFG then start doing m+2 and up. its not p2w to do something simple as that. you can even make ur own group for kingrests, underrot and free hold and write mount run to get max geared people to join u

2 Likes

While you’re not wrong, I hate that this is the way to gear for pvp atm. Praying HARD that SL lets us gear properly through pvp.

3 Likes

i also hate it but the peeps who dings and have like less than 10k hp and complain they dont do damage and they die fast in random bg is basicly asking for it.

4 Likes

Your reply is as constructive as repeating “yes, falling off a bridge causes you to die” while ignoring my point which is “why can’t we have a proper safety railing LIKE EVERY OTHER BRIDGE HAS?”

You sound like a “it izzz whad it izzz” npc.
Look at some pvp shooters like any battlefield games. You do have levels and unlock some kits and perks that gives you a slight edge over others. Sure, hand+ mouse coordination plays a role, you need to actually aim at targets where in wow you just need to point in a general direction and keep enemies in a huge cone infront of you.

Battlefield has something like 100 life, 10-20 dmg for pistols, 20-60 for semi/shotgun, and 80-100 for sniper rifles. Compensated with recoil range and spread. My point in this comparison is that you don’t get +10 dmg to all guns per lvl so that some lvl 50 can run around one shotting anyone with one pistol body hit because that would be ridiculously unfair and stupid, and for some reason wow players ignore such a flaw and keep chanting “that’s how it is here”.

But it doesn’t need to be, and shouldn’t.
Since the power gap between low vs high gear inside the same bracket in wow is so insane that you can barely scratch someone who kills you in 3 secs, there ought to be a seperate method to queue for games that prioritises ilvl search.
It keeps looking for players and every minute increases the ilvl range 1-5-10 points whatever the player feels comfortable with.

For example you can queue as i90 with +1lvl per minute. After ten minutes the search has expanded to include players with i100. Or if you really want a super fair game you can set it to zero: do not queue me with people who have higher ilvl than me. The queue wait time might get very long to 20-30 minutes depending on how active servers are, what lvl players are online etc, and you get a notification on the queue “there are less/more than x-y players in queue matching your criteria”. So if you see less than 20 players and you queue for AV you then know that you gotta wait a long time or increase the ilvl search.

Pretty simple stuff to make BG’s more fair.

The holy grail of balance would be to make BG’s like battlefield games, where you can be a one man army, taking out a tank with mines or c4, then a handgrenade for a couple kills, then gun the last 4-6 enemies down. That’s never going to happen since wow doesn’t allow such burst dmg, there’s instant heals, and pvp seems to be mostly designed around arena, ignoring BG’s.

Now for everyone going “but gear progression”:
You can still have it. I don’t care, you can have your ranked arena/mythic bis gear, battle each other, and casuals too. BUT. For the love of god, give us casuals a way to OPT OUT of that and play casual using the model I described earlier. This literally takes nothing away from you all, yet you cry how it would ruin the game. Ruin how? You don’t get to teabag flex on low gear corpses anymore? Oh no. Anyways…

And “just do what everyone does” is another ultra weak excuse.
No, I don’t want to do ANY mythics. I absolutely hate playing vs bots. I’m here to pvp. All my life is nothing but pvp, 99% of my time spent in wow is in BGs.
You can’t go “well you have to if you don’t wanna get stomped”, no, I just explained you ten times: ALTERNATIVE QUEUE BASED ON ILVL.

Forcing people to grind a million moving target dummy bots in the same old stupid booooooooring dungeons 5h every day just to “not get one shot in a BG” is the single most stupid thing I have heard in my life. Imagine it for battlefield… “yeah well, you have to do 500 missions and play 2000 hours and upgrade your gear from 10 to 200 if you want to pvp other players in a CTF/Conquest map.”
What? WHAT?? ARE YOU INSANE?? See how unreasonable and stupid a design that is?

So what the devs need to do is to make cool rewards for the top ranked arena/bg/mythic players who invest time there. Let them be rewarded with whatever cool stuff, transmogs, mounts, gold, anything, I want them to.

All I want is to join into a BG fast on any alt, and HAVE FUN in a FAIR match.
I want to beat someone because I am better, I want a level playfield, where my actions matter, what I do, when, where, how, why, etc.
Dying to some Andy splerg because he sits 10h a day in the same dungeon m15 and spams one button on me while I’m clearly better and more skilled than him with my 140iq multitasking is… all the words that get me muted on the forum.
All the words, A to Z.

You’re not better than me, you got better GEAR than me. So get lost, go to some higher rank BG with guys like you. Let me stay in this “idgaf about mythics or raids” casual bracket. If I win and get upgrades, naturally I move up in the ilvl queue and keep getting more geared enemies on par with my lvl. That’s the most balanced natural and fair pvp system I can imagine for wow.

To boil this all down…
People defending the current system and objecting the change I suggested means only one thing: You want to keep easy kills forced into your bracket. You would just hate it having to actually put effort into pvping others. You love it, you want it, you NEED that teabag spam and flag on some low gear kill you get.
And that’s just wrong, bad incentive for sick people who want to abuse others without taking responsibility, claiming well I didn’t do anything wrong, it’s the game that allows me to do so… don’t blame ME !

People like that are pathetic. And probably the same people who I pwned in bad company with my psychological warfare skills, getting in your head, outplaying you with my skills, 50:0 kpd, making you ragequit every game. So you escape here where you can grind like a zombie to get that cheat mode gear that allows you to take revenge and feel less like a loser.
So pathetic…

Disclaimer: you = all fitting that description, not directed towards any one single individual in this thread.

3 Likes

Personally I think they should implement a solo queue rated battlegrounds and epic battlegrounds that ignores party groups and only the person that queued enters in that battleground in a randomized system in which you gain a personal MMR and the higher your MMR is the higher the reward is.

I’d like to know your opinions regarding this.

1 Like

That’s it, I don’t have a snazzy name for it. Soft rated… rated but not?
The current rated mode should be renamed into reward mode.
That’s where you need to compete to farm those special pvp rewards.
They could make silver marks of honor for casuals and soft rated games,
gold marks of honor for rated rewards. Kinda like softcore/hardcore pvp participation. Acc bound marks, pay to unlock access to reward tiers, mounts, mtx, etc. People would LOVE that, actually getting to buy stuff what they want instead of getting 100 reskinned horses in a row.

you want an fps gamestyle in an mmo RANDOM BG to make it more fair? we had pvp scaling the whole expansion and before that we had templates where gear didnt matter. nobody liked it at all because you couldnt change ur stats if u wanted to be more tanky or more bursty with damage.

you also want a bg system for ilvl? blizzard will never implant something like that because they are allready having enough server problems. they have pvp brackets for leveling because nobody wants to ding level 10 and meet a level 50 in a bg.

the problem with ilvl scaling for bgs is that it will be abused. i can sure that a pvper with mythic raiding gear would store all his gear in a void storage to scale down is ilvl, que for RANDOM BG, que pop, he gets all his gear first and then join the bg where he is fully mythic and rest of his group and enemy team is low ilvl.

and people who que with friends will be a problem for if they have different ilvls bUt ThEy CaN pUt PrEmAdEs Vs OtHeRs im gonna stop EVERYONE WHO SUGGEST THIS, if they gonna have a problem with putting up ilvl brackets then premade brackets gonna be a problem too, most bgs is 10 man supported, meaning u need to have 2 full partys but not everyone que bgs with as a 5 man group. what about those who que 2 or 3? or 4? they need to balance it out if its missing players, are they gonna force a player who que random bg solo to join 3 teams of 3 players? that matchmaking is hell to make and alot of programming/coding to setup. dont forget the server they need to make it FOR RANDOM BGS. its just lost money.

there is pvp vendor next expansion and a catch up gear system coming in this pre patch soon i hope. stop complaining about stupid stuff you could solve in 1 week if you are dedicated.

2 Likes

I liked the templates and the scaling, because it makes sense, what OP states is correct in many ways, and the arguments you are displaying is why WoW PvP will never get respect as an actual esport or competetive game.

The spirit of competetive games is that there is a level playingfield, when you begin the game, the only thing that sets you apart is skill, its like that in every major competetive game rigth now, then there is abit of balance with weapons, classes, champions, depending on the game, but you do not go into the game with any advantage other than ability.

The same argument goes for you, if you wanted to stomp noobs in wow PvP, then why dont you just get good at the game? Why do you have to rely on gear to win?

Saying “oh just play a week with dedication” is a stupid arguement, Hardcore PvPers wanna play, not sit through hours of boring PvE content to enjoy the game. People have jobs, family, obligations, other games they wanna play.
Games that are actually competetive, where you can go in and win based on your ability, and not based on how many hours you put into killing loot piñatas the last month.

What we had with templates was the closest thing we ever had to a truely competetive experience, and because of complaints, that is sadly dead.

2 Likes

The spirit of competetive games is that there is a level playingfield, when you begin the game, the only thing that sets you apart is skill, its like that in every major competetive game rigth now, then there is abit of balance with weapons, classes, champions, depending on the game, but you do not go into the game with any advantage other than ability.

most competive games has a vendor or a setup system for what you want to do. wow do not have that at the moment so you have to do PVE RNG FARM for gear to do bgs. skill is depending on the player not class or gear.

Saying “oh just play a week with dedication” is a stupid arguement, Hardcore PvPers wanna play, not sit through hours of boring PvE content to enjoy the game. People have jobs, family, obligations, other games they wanna play.
Games that are actually competetive, where you can go in and win based on your ability, and not based on how many hours you put into killing loot piñatas the last month.

if u got 2 hours a day to do stuff. you can do m+ for 30 min 4 times and maybe get 4 or more gear upgrades, do some raid bosses in a LFG pug or guild, do pvp for conquest cap but its gonna be slow.

templates was the closest thing we had to competetive experience but also old pvp gear with pvp power and resilience.

like i said, most competetive games have some type of system to build up ur load out, stats, items in mobas. wow dosnt have a pvp vendor atm so only thing u can do to gear up fast is PVE.

So when i was fully geared from my mythic raids done in priest… I payed to win?
There is something lacking in your theory im afraid…

hes gonna say the same with elite geared players too i bet!

1 Like

Skill is depending on the player, balance in terms of classes can be related to balance of champs in things such as league.

This is the point that people dont get, PvE sucks, its boring, its dull and it always have been, and your fellow players makes it much worse with stupid “link achi/ievel” crap thats been prevelent since WotLK
Doing PvP for conquest cap is meaningless if you’re undergeared, as in it makes no sense at all, since you basically have to sit and wait and hope to get a team that will counter the player/gear imbalance, since im on AD that means horde wins 9/10 bgs, and have done since MoP

PvP gear with res/power was pretty close, but suffered from the same problem that we have now, sit through what can be hours of bgs being roflstomped by geared players and wait untill you have good enough gear to actually be competetive.

As for the last thing, yeah, we dont have a PvP vendor no, and the only thing we can do for gear is to PvE. This is exactly the problem, PvE isnt PvP, the two should be seperate, PvE is where gear, coordination, a cooperative experience to take down a horde of enemies and feel epic.
Where PvP is a display of mastery of your class and your ability to play into/around certain comps and classes.

In the end, if you want a competetive experience, and you want WoW PvP to be taken serious as an actual competetive experience, then it cannot come down to the gear you have going into the BG, but your class and the way you play it, the way you play around your team and your level of skill.

I have several thousinds of hours in CS:GO and was top 1k, fluxuating between 800 and 200 in europe (1.3m players) in Pubg back in season 4.
I know what a competetive experience feels like, and wow PvP without templates simply isnt it.

And how much of that gear did you get through PvP? How many hours of PvP did you do to get your m+ gear?

if you want a competetive experience, and you want WoW PvP to be taken serious as an actual competetive experience, then it cannot come down to the gear you have going into the BG, but your class and the way you play it, the way you play around your team and your level of skill.

there is the problem, THIS IS AN MMORPG GAME WITH A GEARING SYSTEM where gear gives an impact into abilites and spells, trying to balance 36 specs for bg is impossible but with 3v3 is better since thats the only pvp scene and i never seen an competetive pvp team even where the players had 10 player on each side.

what you want is a setup system before the game start like csgo but idk pugb since you dont have a load out when u start and have to run around, loot different stuff and kill players.

No, what i want is for people not to have an inherent advantage before entering a game, since it is against the spirit of competetiveness.

No, what i want is for people not to have an inherent advantage before entering a game, since it is against the spirit of competetiveness.

yes a setup system before the game starts. every player will have access to it so it gives no advantage before the game start or entering.

I really dont get the idea behind the setup system you are talking about but… if it works then yeah?

So,you want to start playing on the end of one expansion enter pvp and kill someone? You didnt play bfa,didnt subscribe during bfa,and want to kill someone? Sorry its just the way it is,this a rpg where people fight for power,you want to be on the same level has others,start playing on the beginning of a patch or suck it up .

1 Like

Brother, you look seriously new to the game.
A good player could really outplay new players like you even with BG blues.

On top of that, several guildies of mine have some BiS gear from PVP used in pve. Should i request my GM to kick them otherwise we are pay2win?