You just lost millions of players in 1Q 2019

Why is this Dev team still Diablo + WoW B teams?
Why is Ion still game director?
Why you keep radio silence with certain aspects of the game(pvp)?
Why didnt you freakin listen about class changes going from Mop>Wod>Legion>BFA?
why you keep gear progression completly trivial with titanforging?
Why do you make your own content useless (Uldir for example) every new patch?
Why do you keep making the world easier and easier while removing any server aspects?
Why do you keep removing player choice from the game?
Why do you keep stuff like sharding, LFG where server communties dont matter?

You want to know why vanilla, tbc (can add wotlk up untill Ulduar) were so good?
Because none of the above were true, have a good friday.

105 Likes

I went back after 6 months break and nothing changed. Glad I just took one month sub. But now time for an another 6 months hiatus or more.

21 Likes

No. They were only so good because it was new, and there was literally no competitions at that point in time.

16 Likes

clueless but its your opinion i guess.

13 Likes

Idk where this ion bad circle/jerk comes from. He was game director for basically the entirety of Legion as well, and legion was a good expansion.

13 Likes

In Legion he was not the only one lol. Directors were Tom Chilton, Ion Hazzikostas and Alex Afrasiabi. Now its only Ion and u see how bad BFA is

16 Likes

afaik Tom chilton started working on a another project back in 2016 and Alex afrasiabi is still a Creative director for wow.

Because MMO were still New, WoW made it avaible for anyone and other games couldn’t match it when it comes to bringing people together.

Funny how you can’t even account the fact there was more than 10y of evolution between now & then, and that people expectations and needs changed.

Most of their changes make sense for a certain part of the community, and judging from your narrow point of vue won’t change this fact.

Come back for classic & stay there, we’ll be better off without you here

2 Likes

Are Blizzard announcing their figures now? Or is this just another figure pulled out of the rear end?

3 Likes

You want to know why vanilla was so good?

Because people were mostly clueless. You didn’t have multiple websites that can crap out lengthy lists of why a certain aspect of the game is more or less imperfect - instead, there were players totally stoked about the fact that they can run around the open world with their friends, kill big bad guys, then go fishing, make a campfire and cook the fish they caught.
Nor you had youtubers who make living out of stirring up drama about anything WoW related and most of all, you didn’t have anything else to compare it to (which isn’t quite truth now that I think about it, because people used to compare WoW to other older MMOs, ridiculing WoW for how easy and casual friendly it is).

Nostalgia aside, you seem to forgot that gear being invalidated by either higher tier raid or catch up mechanics (badges) were also a thing in the past - and people whined about them just like you do now.

I suggest you take a break and wait for Classic instead.

29 Likes

I’m not saying wow is in it’s best state or it can not be improved but I’ve yet to seen any other MMO that comes even close to being as enjoyable as WoW. And believe me, I’ve tried many.

8 Likes

He is talking about monthly active users across all Blizzard games. They went from 35m to 32m. Most of it is probably from Overwatch.

3 Likes

Agree with OP!

8 Likes

So just more sensationalist claptrap then as concerns WoW, which is what these fora are concerned with!

1 Like

Well, its Friday. Stupid posts are usually reserved for weekend.

1 Like

If you consider legion a good expansion its because WoD and BFa are extremly bad.

When you compare Legion to any other expansions its, at best, a very average expansion.

9 Likes

Sorry OP how do you actually know it’s WoW exactly? You do not none of us do they stopped the practice of giving out the subscriber numbers data some 3 to 4 years ago and have not done it since.

I one who strongly rightly or wrongly would assume it is much more likely to be OW that has lost players active players than WoW. I’ve not touched OW in months and have lost all interest in it but physically it’s still on my system and I could be one of the three million odd who they think has gone from that and or other games as well they own.

The article in questions refers to Blizzard as a whole not just WoW as others have said WoW bashing is quite the trend these days and it’s actually sad people are still continuing to take anyone’s word about something negative to do with the game as hard fact when it’s not at all.

3 Likes

You don’t seem to be (my terms) a ‘consistent’ player, more a ‘glory’ player - surely if you like something you stick with it through thick & thin… just an observation.

Blizzard only reveal MAUs, we don’t get sub figures anymore.

1 Like

Funny thing is, if you looked to both US and EU Overwatch forums they say its Overwatch, if you look at Diablo forums, people claim its diablos players gone and on WOW forums , people claim its WOW players. I didnt check Hearthstone and other , but im sure its same there.

6 Likes