Your character's ending

You changed your outfit and I don’t like it. I’m uncomfortable with change.

1 Like

My main mage character has departed reality. She now resides in a pocket dimension, walking the halls of her sorcerous tower and seeking answers to the very fabric of the cosmos. As an added bonus, being thus outside of reality has lessened the strain of the Void’s whispers.

Oh and she’s likely to drink sinful amounts of Dalaran Red whenever she has visitors.

2 Likes

Zag’kush will drown along the debris of his ship with a large bottle of brew in his hand.

1 Like

Why’s Coldshade not been invited yet, then? She could even bring some Eversong Red along.

As to get back on-topic… I am not retiring Laurenn just yet, but if I do she’d likely close herself off in her remote Mage Tower and eventually lose her mind to the Void. Sprouting tentacles and all that. Once past that point, it wouldn’t take long until she does something irresponsible which leads to her death.

4 Likes

Unceremoniously in a ditch, only to spend the rest of eternity laughing in hell.

EDIT: Or my undead warlock locks her away somewhere until she goes mad.

Or if they’re both going to hell, may as well be together.

1 Like

The gallant tale of Damoiselle Catherine le Violette ends as only a fairytale could; rescuing a fair maiden from the tower of an evil beast, slaying the foul creature, though succumbing to her wounds shortly after the damsel is carried to safety, expending the last of her strength to save a more innocent soul. A momentary truce is declared upon the news, as all of Azeroth laments that such a noble heart was extinguished that day.

More accurately she charges an overtaken guard tower and kills a few of whatever local menace did so before she gets shanked, and tells her fairytale story to an infirmary worker. It’s more fun to be remembered that way.

4 Likes

To be honest, I always expected my character’s literal ‘end’ would be to die in battle - with how dangerous her work is it seems inevitable.

But right now she’s home in Pandaria, with her husband and children, and I imagine she will be staying with them for a while. A rest from all the war. It’s a shelving in which the character is still retrievable should WoW and Blizzard be fixed.

And if not… I imagine she could well retire at this point. She’s not old, but she’s worn out.

3 Likes

In the immortal words of her generation: “UP. YOURS!”

As for my characters, let’s see. I am still playing the game and I dont see myself quitting at the moment, but, if I were to do so, and I knew absolutely sure I’d never come back, it’d be something like this:

If Desartin survives the wars, he will have to come to terms with a life of peace, and have to learn what it means to be a paladin during peacetime, since so far he’s only gotten to experience it in wartime. He has enough friends and people around him to help him adjust to it, but there’s also potential for a less happy ending, if he isn’t able to let go of the things he has seen during war. He’s already had an episode of drinking too much after traumatic experiences. But since I am a sap for happy endings, I assume he will continue to live on, serving throughout the land, and become a paladin who actually manages to die of old age in his bed ( Since no paladin has managed to do that yet). He would also help the Gilneans to finally reclaim Gilneas for real and help cleanse it of the remaining plague.

Des’ younger brother Hargorin, my worgen who I played and posted on alot before Des became my main, will probably also continue to wander the land. After having fought one war too many, he has been living quietly in Bradensbrook since the end of the Legion’s invasion, but he has recently been trying to give his past traumas a place and seeking to regain his old-self and his fighting-spirit. He’d probably also assist Desartin with the reclamation of Gilneas.

Salfalur, my death knight, the granddad of Des and Harg, will continue doing what he’s been doing since being freed of the Lich King. He’ll continue to seek out monsters and cultists as atonement for past sins, until a stronger foe will eventually overpower him and he can finally return to the Light, where his late wife is waiting for him.

2 Likes

Good ending:
He dies in bed at the age of 88, in his manor house on the banks of Lake Darrowmere in a rebuilt Lordaeron.

Bad ending:
Dead in a ditch somewhere.

3 Likes

Probably, after this hole in the sky business is sorted, Velravyn sets someone to take over her Warband to focus on her own wants and needs.

She probably retreats into a more relaxed role, continuing her pursuit for the Burning Blade’s lost knowledge while preparing for her next battle with the Legion. Maybe she’ll get to find a couple of other young Blademasters and settle to make a new Hallvalor.

Bad end? She vanishes into the Twisting Nether, intent on hunting down every Demon she can before madness takes her. :dagger: :dagger:

2 Likes

Brutally beaten in inescapable melee combat with a superior fighter, cementing the fact she really really should have just became a paladin.

2 Likes

Oh man, since I am unsubbed currently and may possibly not come back, this is the perfect thread to talk about at least two characters; My heroic character and Worggrim.

With Worggrim, the plan was for him to get a few years of adventuring under his belt before he stopped a ploy against his kin, the Mok’nathal. That, combined with a couple of deeds already done, would let him come back home if he wanted to. Eventually he would have returned home, and married his childhood sweetheart. They would have a happy family and Worggrim would die of old age, happy to get as many years with his mate and children as possible.

My heroic character Levena was eventually going to go through a storyline that involved her family history, an ancient artifact of unknown origins, the theme of destiny (And what it might be) and ending up stopping a long term ploy for a couple of factions to try and seize the artifact for their own ends. Once that was done, and she could assess the losses to get there then she will disppear from the public eye and never be able to live a normal life again. Whether she died in battle, of old age or lived on through magical means would be lost to history.
The story to get to her ending is more complex then that, but the plan was eventually to retire her as a player character after said story.

3 Likes

I don’t think I can see Asme’s story ending until my guild ceases to be! There will always be war on Azeroth, always demon remenants and cosmic forces that she believes only someone as strong as an Illidari can take on, and there will always be other Illidari she can help grow stronger. She sees herself as a bulwark, a protector and a guardian for the Illidari, and to a larger extent to the ‘better world’ she’s fighing for, where illidari can live the lives they wish. Ultimately she’ll fight to the last, her hunters and her husband by her side, fighting with her, until she’s killed in combat, or, until the world she fights for has peace.

If there is ever a true end, no more cosmic forces, no more threats to the world, she’ll probably rest on her laurels a little and become some kind of pit fighter or monster-hunter for hire, while her partner begs for her to settle down a bit more, but, she can’t give up the fight entirely. She’s a fighter at heart, she needs violence and conflict and a purpose, so an end for her will likely be bloody, violent, and her giving as good as she gets against some monumental foe. But, I’ve still got stories to tell and friends to rp with, so that’s not coming any time soon

6 Likes

she dies in a freak thunderstorm, after her 10-foot tall brass helmet is struck by lightning

7 Likes

Ah, yes, the dramatic lesbian swordfight in the Nether. :dagger: :dagger:

4 Likes

name a time and place and I’ll make it the bloodiest, most violent and brutal homoerotic swordfight the twisting nether has ever seen, on all the gods

1 Like

Honestly never thought of ending a character’s story outside of RP, but given the circumstances of how great the game is as of now - makes me definitely wonder.

Normally, it would have to be a climax of a specific chain of events, to a point that I wouldn’t feel absolutely dead inside after killing a character. But outside of that RPed chain of events - I could only see something dramatic, i.e poisoning, assassination and so forth. After all, Sunblade’s reputation is quite infamous…

5 Likes

Fantastic topic amongst the complaining ones!

My Lodyra is a guardian… yes, I know, it sounds MS, I don’t care. She is a faction neutral Druid, if she would see the end of all the wars and things she would be a wanderer. By her nature she wouldn’t be able to settle down, she would be constantly on the move to help people and remind the great ones what was it before, where did we get to the point we are at that day.

Her purpose is to protect, to guard nature and all of its children. If she would see her end it would be either really old age, or sacrifice.

3 Likes

Distantpeak will probably die of old age in many years.
Wandering the land with other tauren, aiming to restore spiritual balance in all peoples of Azeroth and protect the Earth Mother.

4 Likes

Sax builds his cabin in Grizzly Hills, and settles down and lives a long and content life.

And probably has a ton of kids.

3 Likes