Your favorite wow character

Alive or dead it both counts.

My favorite character that has already passed away is Kael’thas. I am very happy that he gets more screen time in Shadowlands and if we are lucky he will come back to lead the blood elves once more.

My current favorite characters that isn’t dead is Valtrois. Seeing her work together with Rexxar, the OG champion of the Horde made me feel so good. I hope blizzard will use her more often in the future during horde questing.

Now tell me who is your favorite character? I am curious about how the results will look like.

hmm just one?
Then it must be Zul’jin.
Amani di chuka!

6 Likes

It is okay if you have multiple spots for favorite characters.

If only one , then Zul’Jin.

5 Likes

My top favorites are:
Valtrois: Strong, highly arrogant but has a quirk to her where she isn’t off-putting. I liked her the moment I set foot in Suramar as she carries that balanced sense of Highborne arrogance as well as Highborne humor.

Priestess Astarii from the WoT novellas: I don’t need female characters to be waving swords and glaives to be considered “strong.” I related so much to Astarii Starseeker in the novella and how she was the soothing beacon of hope, that would ease the souls of the unfortunate night elves who died in Darnassus.
She was the “mother”, comforting her children, who wouldn’t make it out of the situation, alive.

Lor’themar Theron: Like Astarii in some ways, a level headed, balanced character who I really like. I like the way Blizzard have furthered his story into the Horde. Before, I always felt like he was a lap-dog to Sylvanas, but now that she’s gone, he can finally become a strong leader.

1 Like

Jaina Proudmoore, and by the way Kael’thas was a simp for her :slight_smile:

After all this time it’s still Arthas for me. As much as the fallen prince wasn’t a really original idea even back when WC3 came out, I really like a charater who has the conviction to make his aim into reality however immoral his actions may be to make it happen. And I’m a sucker for necromany so that helps a lot here. This is why I’m worried about SL as if they seek to redeem him I’m out for good.

I’m not sure if this counts as it’s not a single entity but the idea of what they represent. The Old Gods. At least the pre Legion retcon ones. Having a not understood malevolent entity like a specter in your mind every so slightly warping your golas and aims to align with his intent. Who also possess the strength to rival the Gods (Titans in this case) if push comes to shove. But all of this was trashed in favor of the Voidlords so they demoted the “Gods” into grunts.

4 Likes

Without thinking too much about it… Lucille Waycrest, Gelbin Mekkatorque, Brivelthwerp the ice-cream gnome and yeah, as much as I might despise the general story of BfA, Saurfang.
…There might be a theme there, I guess.

Apart from that… Zul’jin sounds cool, though underused… I like Ed van Cleef… And I guess Lord Godfrey had style (and being remembered for casually shooting Sylvanas in the head doesn’t hurt, either!).

1 Like

Orgrim Doomhammer

Currently. Personally I had a blast with more or less all the content that involved Chromie. I like her personality, approach, and don’t mind being occasionally a gnome.

Nostalgia opinion: as someone who learned about the Warcraft around W2-3 days, the name Menethil has some special meaning. Well, gonna hope she will go back, as the name was a synonym of the alliance. Then if future I might change my pick.

gl hf

1 Like

Hmmm, I don’t think I actually have a character that’s my favorite. I have some I like, for example Daelin, Danath, Turalyon, Halford or Genn, from major ones. Honorable mention to Garithos (PBUH).

My favorite non-human characters are probably Fandral (RIP), Maraad (RIP x2) and Muradin (please don’t RIP).

All time favourite is Jaina before she went back to hippie mode in the later patches of BfA…

Current favourite cant choose between Cairne, Tyrande and Greymane

1 Like

I will go with Thrall.

Yes he made a lot of mistakes, but he’s just a mortal being as any of us.
Running from a imprisonment camp, helping Sen’Jin and the Darkspears, than helping Cairne and the Tauren. Fighting along side the Night Elves and Humans against Archimonde and his army, than establishing a new home for the Horde in Kalimdor, is not for everyone.

Had he not existed we would probably calling Blackmoore as Warchief.

He was the Warchief during Vanilla and TBC and I honestly miss those times.
It’s a shame the very first expansion Blizzard decided to launch had Illidan, Kael’thas, Lady Vash and Zul’jin as raid bosses.
Maybe that’s when the downfall started.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Malfurion Stormrage followed by a close second in Tyrande Whisperwind, especially both of them in their current appearances.

Vengeful, powerful. And finally bringing justice down upon the Horde after many years of injustice done to them and their people.

3 Likes

I love Anduin , Jaina and Tyrande the most.
Worthy of mention: Queen Azshara as a villain.

3 Likes

Maiev Shadowsong - she has many flaws and biases and that kinda is attractive and gives flavor to her character, despite being unfavored couple of times in early Night Elven stories. She still picks up mantle of duty and with creates one of the most deadly squad Night Elven society has seen.

Her character is vindictive and very personal, but I like how everytime she reaches the goal and the satisfaction turns into dust, she has come to learn to let go of vengeance and live with mistakes she has made. Her radical methods made her unpopular yet some of her ideologies turn out to be shared among Night Elves these days, even though its not mentioned directly.

Overall Maiev gets my sympathy because of her journey - as non perfect character doing what she believed was true and then learning on them. Her conviction to get the job done no matter what, sense of duty and overall Warden organisation and their unquestioned loyalty to her. A half tragic anti villain arc makes her interesting at least for me, with her judgemental quotes.

I would see more of her in backstage roles. BFA has brought her arc back to Night Elven society, would like to see that arc settled.

On Horde side - I would say Drek’thar that guy had a right idea about Forsaken from get go and plus the whole Frostwolf clan culture always interested me, how they fought their beastrial rage made them stand out. They were white sheep in black herd.

It seems like they are the last glimpse of the Horde we get to know in Warcraft 3.

5 Likes

you can’t spell best chars in the warcraft universe without

• Uther
  • Illidan
  • Danath
  • Alleria
  • Turalyon
  • Jaina
1 Like
  • Thrall

• Vol’jin

• Durotan