Your wish list for Hunter spec in Dragonflight

These are subjective ideas on what would work for me on that class.

BM

• Casting Cobra Shot is not fun. By that I mean the visual effects and idea overall. Flying snake is boring and feel weak. Would be much better if this shot was more impactful and strong. Even if it will be visually a simple shot but fast and powerful - that would make it more fun to cast.

• Barbed shot is boring. Both visually, also feels very weak to cast and mechanically. Would be great if we will get a choice in DF talents to either pick Barbed Shot or Flurry, the previous version of this spell back in Legion I guess. I liked Flurry a lot better than Barbed Shot.

• I know it’s an unpopular opinion but I really liked the gameplay of “Separation Anxiety” talent back in Legion. It was very fun to deal all damage only through pet and use only CC and utility abilities on my hunter, while avoiding damage. Something like that given through talents will be great. Just saying.

• BM PvP talents are boring atm. All those basilisks, eagles etc. Would be great to get some new unique PvP talents for the spec that enhances BM gameplay. Hunter merging with his pet for N seconds?

• A bit more complex and rewarding dd rotation would be great. Couple more abilities. Give an option to deal damage mostly through pet if someone wants to play this way.

• Another unpopular opinion. Maybe BM’s unique ability is to give commands to his pet without line of sight? I know other classes will be against this kind of kite opportunity for a BM but maybe that kind of ability with a CD?

• Lots of current talents are boring and not really used but I guess that will be addressed in the new talent tree.

MM

• I guess the main reason why I do not play MM a lot is the visuals of Rapid Fire. It feels so weird and unpleasant to watch this thing fire that I avoid the spec usually.

Surv

• Dual Wield Surv should be a thing!

• Chakrams look a lot like Warglaives. Maybe Surv can use Warglaives but not those which have specific DH looks. That would be really cool.

• Playing AOE with Surv is pretty fun and rewarding. But dpsing bosses feels extremely boring. The rotation is just too plain and weird. Would be great to enrich it with a couple new abilities. Maybe a mid cd strike that consumes your dots on target and deals dmg or something like that.

• Serpent Sting feels like just a button to press sometimes without any gameplay depth to it. Maybe a Surv dot gameplay can be a thing in DF though talents.

• Please return all the cool talents that enhance traps for Surv. This spec should be about traps, at least through talents.

• Give Flanking Strike a backstab trait, it is just in the name of this ability. Like X times damage if used from behind the target. That will open the ambush from stealth or trap + backstab gameplay for Flanking Strike.

• Wildfire Infusion is fun but only Pheromone Bomb is rewarding, other bombs kinda meh.

• Aspect of the Eagle is odd and Surv just should be able to throw his weapons and they will instantly, magically reappear in his hands.

Once again, these are just my personal requests for a Hunter class.

6 Likes

Three things on top of my head would be:

• Being able to equip ranged and melee weapons (melee snare like in classic days).
  • Bring back aspects on use (Aspect of the Monkey etc).
  • Make you be able to choose what pet family your pet should be (bm hunters can use exotic only).

SV main, since Legion. BM main before that love mellee dont wana lose it.
I still dabble in BM but this expansion it felt really bad.

OK

SV:

• lose serpent sting in it’s current state Return it to the passive spread on cleave/raptor Or just a passive dot, there’s nothing fun about set and forget abilities.
  • Butchery baseline
  • Eagles bite return (give us a use to use harpoon more)
  • Camouflage baseline
  • Decide if you want they want to focus on bombs or mongoose.
  • More defensive CD, I find it annoying we’re melee with ranged defensive. It’s something that needs to be looked into, through maybe just a flat DR or reworking turtle to still allow you to use melee abilities while active.
  • Aspect of the eagle rework. Make it so instead of yeeting radioactive chickens, you now throw hatchets or spears. Toggle ability, which reduces your damage by 25% while active.
  • Some sort of filler, when we lose the Borrowed power from our tier set our Rotation will have a decent window of downtime, so give us something to put in there, maybe bring lacerate back tied to a heavy damage proc based attack.

BM

• Give blood of the rhino to all BM pets, make them actually feel better than SV/MM
  • Drop barbed shot. Replace it with dire beast. Same effect, more visually appealing easier to keep track of.
  • With the Barb shot change, slap the bleed effect onto kill command.
  • Remove KC Focus cost, Add another focus spender to increase the amount of buttons outside your burst macro from 3 to 4-5

UNIVERSAL

• Pet spec options
  • Remove the kill command animation of pointing at the target randomly it looks so weird to be swinging like a mad man, stopping, pointing at the enemy then swinging again.
  • Some helmet transmog that isn’t just supergluing a dead cat to my head.
1 Like

Make pets a cosmetic choice. I’ve been forced to play with the same pets for several years.

Reintroduce pet talent trees if you must. I just want to choose the pet I play with myself.

Also, I would like to see dual wield and baseline mongoose bite for survival hunter.

1 Like

Delete BM and make a new spec that’s not as bad and boring tbh

Also, this will happen anyway with the tier sets gone, but I hope a Surging Shots-inspired talent/buff makes it into the new talent trees, so playing around Rapid Fire becomes viable again, because Rapid Fire is a fun ability (that looks very pleasant and not weird). Also, I hope the covenant carry-over is Resonating Arrow (even though it’ll probably be Chakrams or maybe Flayed Shot), 'cause the LoS mechanic is fun (even if unfun to play against in a PvP context).

Also, Serpent Sting already has some depth through Volatile Bomb, though they could certainly iterate on it, I guess. Also, I personally hate the idea of being a melee character that has to drop traps (mostly 'cause dropping traps without mouseover macros is clunky without sufficient Haste levels and I don’t like the idea of using mouseover macros to make something feel fluid to use), but I do agree that Surv’s rotation in single-target is a bit boring. I’d even maybe take like
a bomb CDR component to Raptor Strike or something (increasing with Tip of the Spear stacks) to add some kind of extra component to single-target, 'cause single-target combat with Surv is literally just AoE rotation but with the CDR from Carve removed (or, rather, just getting 1 second of CDR with a global, which isn’t worth it), which just ends up with more downtime.

Also, I don’t get the point of people saying they want dual wield Survival (and your post is not the first time I’ve seen this sentiment). Like, genuinely, what would be the point? We’d just end up having to potentially wait extra weeks to get max item level weapon(s), since we’d have one-handers in the loot pool.

Only one thing I want

Survival: Become a full melee class OR wear a bow/gun properly and become a ranged class. Shooting arrows (and other stuff) out of a polearm is flipping weird

1 Like

Dual wield means 2 weapons to be dropped instead of 1

We had a good survival spec which also was my favourite
 then Legion came and

insert several words to get me banned from the forums here

ruined the good spec that it was.

Now I only have Marksman left.

Survival?

-Dual Wield

-Bring Caltrops back. Please.

-Some things baseline, I’m full in line with other Hunters here, specially with Camouflage and Butchery

-Bombs? Meh. I never liked the bombs at all, and never used the Sticky bomb in Legion
But ok. If the bombs will be still here (very likely) give us something more cool and fun. For example, letting us choose! :slight_smile: Mix the concept with the exotic munitions. Or come with something new. Let us crash jars of leeches on the face of a boss and heal everyone around, or full poison a pack of mobs, freeze them, or impair them in some way
etc.

-A bit more range for the hook, may be through talents, like the old range talents.

-And specially: Bring back my SNAKE TRAP. Please. Pretty please?

THIS THIS THIS THIS

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Do something to make AOE with BM less terrible. The spec is pretty fun to play, but the meters always tell a horrible story.

1 Like

Delete animal companion or make it optional and I will gladly play my BM hunter again!

1 Like

It is optional atm.

A brain for the guy in charge of us.

Thx !

From what I’ve heard, the other 2 talents on this row are dps loss so I wouldn’t really call it “optinal”
 they should just make Animal companion a glyph.

2 Likes

Illusions on Bows for Dragonflight

They’re worse than AC, yes. But it’s still optional.

Having said that, I do very much agree that it should be taken out of the talent tree. AC shouldn’t be a choice we make about increasing throughput. It should be about aesthetics and identity.

[Animal Companion] - You may call 1 additional pet to fight for you at all times. The second pet will obey your Kill Command, but cannot use pet family abilities.

If you have two active pets, they both use the same damaging abilities and benefit from the same effects but they only deal 50% of normal damage(each).

Only using 1 pet instead causes that pet to deal 100% of normal damage.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any Hunter alpha gameplay yet but I feel like Hunters should get some charge-up abilities similar to the Envoker where you hold the key and the attack becomes more powerful.

In fps shooters and 3rd person action games you often get a more precise and powerful shot when holding down the button before releasing an arrow and I kinda want that same feeling in WoW.

Charge up abilities are not fun in wow they have tested them in the past unless they change how boss mechanics works you will just have a fixed point here or not use the ability at all.

The reason other games do that is to simulate real world archery where you have to draw the arrow back from the bow before you shoot the arrow, it is then compensated with insane damage on those shots often one shots.
In wow we already have a mechanic for this it is called a cast bar that is why aimed shot is not instant.