Your WotLK RP Realm needs you!

A call out for help.
Petition to open transfers TO Hydraxian Waterlords WOTLK (not era) - Hydraxian Waterlords - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

3 Likes

Please notice our plight Blizzard!
in 2021/11 you opened up transfers FROM our realm and as a result the realm was EMPTY for almost a year until wotlk release.

We have coasted on the population produced from hype of a new xpac but now it will be dark again soon without some FCM assistance.

Please help us to restore our realm to something even resembling playable.

ironforgeDOTpro/population/classic/HydraxianWaterlords/

It should be obvious where in the above graph it shows blizzard’s FCM OFF the realm.
Make it right!

1 Like

The Hydraxian Waterlords players are nice and would be happy to find some new friends. :slight_smile:

Me, my friend and her 2 under 18 kids were exploring the RP server when we stumbled into Lions pride inn. There was group of people doing E-rpg and group…stuff in local and public and whispering immature things to people.

We decided that this isnt the right RP server for us.

Not sure if that practition is bannable, but it sure showed whatkind of people RP servers draw in.

Wow. Okay. I‘m sorry they had to make this experience. This is not the rp and HW feeling we are trying to promote here.

First time in Lion’s Pride Inn? Yeah that kind of stuff is and always has been normal there. Just avoid Goldshire and you’ll be fine. You’ll still meet weirdos out in the world, but most of them just hang out in Goldshire.

RP servers can act as a magnet for unstable individuals who will try to ruin the experience for everyone else (as can be said for a lot of the internet / social media, etc.), they are usually a very small minority so it’s unfortunate that you had this experience right at the start. I’d say don’t let that nonsense put you off playing something you enjoy.

So I never understood how the RP server differs from the usual one. From the point of view of a mechanic, of course, like pvp from a pve server.

In mechanics? It doesn‘t. In general, not speaking here for everyone, RP realms attract people who prefer to experience more immersive gameplay.

Small supportive communities, recognizing each other, names fitting the lore and racial background, enjoying stories over boosting, communication in more or less full sentences, and rarely professional raid progress, though the wish to experience and appreciate the content.

It may attract those who populate the Lion‘s Inn the way described - which is (as far as I know) not common sense on HW Wrath, but this is not the majority.

4 Likes

Please open free transfers to Hydraxian (WotLK Classic) Blizzard. It makes no sense to not have this as an option, the server needs more people.

1 Like

Works like a PvE realm, no difference.
There are soft rules like not naming your character legolasgodx, but they are not enforceable.

The biggest difference is the attitude of people, because less people are attracted to the RP Tag, you generate a smaller community.

Smaller communities encourage people to behave because if you don’t, you just don’t have a community to engage with anymore.

Most who have played Hydraxian Waterlords would say this is the closest you would have ever got to experiencing what WoW was like when it released, the attitude, the atmosphere, the cluelessness and simple delight in exploring what the game can offer.

While mega-servers struggled with anti-social behaviours, GKDPS, boosting, heavy botting to the point of being unable to actually farm anything yourself, incredible AH manipulation, we didn’t have any of these things.
We’ve had bots of course, but in a number you could count to out loud, very quickly. (They were welcome if they were not observed, as they fueled the AH with rich resources).

Dont give up, keep on fighting and fill the front page with these posts.

Thekal gets transfers off the realm at 3000 logging players.
Hydraxian Waterlords is <50 logging players.
Hydraxian Waterlords help when?

Just in case you didn´t see it:

FCT from ALL EU Realms to Hydraxian Waterlords available!! :partying_face:

takes the neatly rolled poster from Niamh, unrolls it carefully and pins it to the wall

Imgur

As already mentioned elsewhere - Hydraxian is a small realm currently. But if you want to give it a try, you can also send an alt and keep your main on a more croweded realm.
We´ll welcome everyone who wants to join us, be it full time or part time :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.