Zandalar Tribe (and others) Abandoned by Blizzard

You mean this: https://ironforge.pro/population/tbc/ZandalarTribe/ ?

Two months ago phase 2 launched. Unless you’re actively raiding T5 or climbing the ladder in arena, chances are you are quite caught up on the content released. For people who don’t do either of these there isn’t a whole lot to do except levelling alts – which in itself may not be everyone’s cup of tea.

If your solution to medium population servers having a dip in activity after a somewhat long period of no new content updates is to allow everyone a free transfer to the massive servers, then what is that going to accomplish in the long run? Should classic be confined to a couple of mega servers with layering? That itself is almost reminiscent of server clusters in retail. Are we to lose the few unique server tags we have because people cry wolf?

I don’t know why you rolled on an RP-pvp server but I personally did it fully knowing that it likely wouldn’t be the most populated server – but I did it anyway because it’s the server type I prefer. So unless Blizzard actually caves in to the rants seen here I’m sure we’ll see spikes of activity on our server with the upcoming phases.

The same data listed 370 horde logs at the start of June and 1352 in a span of two months. That may be an unfair comparison to make as TBC was the fresh new thing, but that’s also kind of my point. I think the reason we see a lack of activity right now is because we haven’t had new content for a while.

This is something I’ve heard shared by many others. I can imagine it isn’t fun to play an alt on our server right now. I myself have only one character at max level and I have no interest in levelling another, and I also have little to no reason to run heroics aside from helping my friends. Also, even when people do level alts, people who are part of raiding guilds can easily skip heroics and just do T4 for easy gear. The reason why it’s hard to find people for heroics is multifaceted, and I understand that for someone like you it sucks to play on a medium populated server.

But look at it from my perspective. If Blizzard were to apply your solution then that would force me out of the only RP-pvp server, and I would find myself on a new server but I wouldn’t have more things to do. You would be able to find people to do heroic dungeons with – until you’re properly geared. Me? I’ve lost my preferred server type.

I was dissatisfied with how much the RP-scene had declined on our server when I returned in TBCC, but again I think it’s hyperbolic to call it dead. A few days ago a guildee of mine asked if I wanted to join some RP, and since I had nothing better to do I decided to humour him. We began roleplaying in Thrallmar at midnight, and to my surprise we actually attracted the attention of other people willing to roleplay. So perhaps even the RP scene isn’t as dead as it may seem – there may simply be a lack of initiative. Whether the server will ever return to the height of vanilla classic I don’t know, but as it stands its the only RP server that isn’t actually dead.

The most damning thing for our server right now is the lack of content. The second most damning thing, perhaps, is this narrative that people seem all too willing to subscribe to.

There are very few servers like that. The few (Gehennas and Firemaw) have other problems and they are not as easy as many belive to find groups etc. for “everything”. There are just more of evering. More raidloggers, more waiting, more queues… just imaginve when contentpatches arrives or even when WOTLK… 60 minutes to get into the server…

In Original wow days… BC in 2007 it was like it is now on our sever. I was on Defias Brotherhood. And unless you were in a great guild, you would have trouble with both raiding and doing instances… its just that today may people wants instant everything…

The really sad part is that all this “dead server” talk from some actually contributes to people feeling that something is wrong, even if they did not think about it before and it creates an exodus and eventually hurt the server a lot.

This is example why i dont trust blizzard will change even a bit,and that their game will be rapaired this is over guys.

Shadowlands is pure sheeet, they are lying about wow councill, they are making ton of usless content or remaking good old content from years they were not a bunch of lying bad game producers. The most important on their changes list is listening to community, hell yeah we can see how do u listen blizzard.

And here? from like 3 weeks thousands of players did tell them that few of empty servers are not included on list and what did they done? COMPLETLY 0 ANSWERS, ZERO! LIKE THIS F GAME.

God what a troll.

Yeah amazing server where tank need to look for group for a 1h =) and dps like 3h.
God what a guy…

Finding tank to non-tank gear instances right now on popular servers is a nightmare.

Having a hard time finding a group for heroics =/= dead server.

It amazes me that people who talk about their big guilds struggle to find people for 5man groups. I’m part of a smaller social guild who can do 10 man raids and have organized T4 25man raids with pugs, and while the guild is very inactive right now (with many people playing SoM whilst waiting for new content) we still ran heroics with one another to help out gearing alts. Because at the end of the day we’re friends and it’s fun to help each other out, even if there’s nothing for us to gain. So why do big guilds struggle to find people for heroics? Shallow camaraderie?

You are all overreacting. If you think the grass is so much greener on the other side then reroll yourselves, there’s no reason to ask Blizzard to hemorrhage the server. A lot of people petitioned Blizzard for an RP-pvp server before the launch of classic, so these servers do attract a niche playerbase – but a real one. Just because you can’t differentiate between RP-pvp servers from normal pvp servers doesn’t mean that others can’t. So I’ll gladly accept the fact that our server is not massively populated, and I will accept the fact that during these times when the content has run dry there will be less activity on the server and harder to find groups. That is okay. Because history (refer to the Ironforge stats) shows that when new content is released a surge of activity follows. The curse of TBC is that much of its content is designed around the 25man raiding scene, so small guilds like mine will have to wait until Phase 4 and 5 until we can do new relevant content.

So long story short: stop crying, either accept the fact that there are disadvantages with medium populated servers or reroll. Blame yourselves for picking an RP-pvp server in the first place.

1 Like

How often do you pug for heroics with your main? Or any character that isn’t a fresh 70?

I don’t see this as crying. It more of questioning why not all servers get the same options. US counterpart server had the opportunity then why not EU side too. That is the bigegr question here asked.

You can keep enjoying emptying server doing the RP you want to play waiting for p5. Server is still called RPPVP…Can’t see much pvp going on when everybody raidlogs and afk at shatt…all 40ppl that is.

I dunno what you do in wow but looking for ppl to play the small content there is at max level outside raids is hugely limited and if you’re not tank you can pretty much forget pug group for HC if you don’t wanna look for one 2-4 hours. Not being able to play said content in medium server should indicate to you its having serious problems, as faction balance is not there and will eventually make it alliance server…enjoy your P5 content then.

1 Like

We discussed the current situation within the guild, very briefly but most seems content with going down with the ship. Sad as that may be. Was also surprised that ZT was not on the transfer list. Except for the open-world being empty the place where I really saw how empty the world was, was at the AH. Never seen such few listed items since the start of Classic. Finding groups to do dungeons are disgusting except on those few good nights. A couple of days ago I and 4 other people finally got a group together and did 6 dungeon runs since we figured forming a new group would take forever so we stuck together :smiley:
I love this server but I wonder if it was not for my guild and the awesome people in it, would I even play still?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.