Zandalari Paladins are disrespectful

03/11/2018 01:25Posted by Zakkaru
03/11/2018 01:04Posted by Empedocles
It seems that some Trolls are still trying to defend their Paladin Zandalari brethren. Very well.

The Light is the fundamental power of Human society. Everything revolves around it, even now, with the most pious king this world has ever known. It is only natural that at some point in history, the zealots would take up the blade and fight for injustice.

But the Zandalari Trolls are heretics. They still pray to their idolatrous Loa who are nothing in comparison to the Light. The Zandalari are unable to comprehend the true beauty of it. They see the Light as nothing but some tool. Ha! They are not worthy of it. Only a few races can truly appreciate the Light for what it is - a beacon of hope, even in the darkest nights. A foundation for superior morality, a weapon of justice!

My raptors are hungry, they gonna feast well tonight.

Not if I Lightforge them first.

Prelates have beenn a thing for five real years. It didn't come out of nowhere and you're a lorelet if you think it did.

Well thank the Light I didn't claim that?????
03/11/2018 01:25Posted by Zakkaru

My raptors are hungry, they gonna feast well tonight.

Not if I Lightforge them first.

Prelates have beenn a thing for five real years. It didn't come out of nowhere and you're a lorelet if you think it did.

Well thank the Light I didn't claim that?????

You're not Lightforged nor lightforging anyone. That is spacegoat trope but I don't see you crying how they're predating hoomans and violating paladin lore with their Wind Chimes.

But at this point it doesn't matter to me, I'm too happy that my dream is coming true. You may cry me a river and I will still grin from ear to ear.

Imperial holy warrior here I come. We shall smite foes in the name of the empire!
Besides Zakkaru could use a sidekick.
2 Likes
As with almost every "Why (not) Paladin this, that, them etc" thread, I believe we need to set the most important basis so that we can avoid confusion in our arguments.

D&D Paladins =/= WoW Paladins

The classic fantasy archetype of the pure and faitful holy warrior is not the only way (or not enough?) to be a Paladin in WoW.
2 Likes
In my opinion Tauren Paladins are well explained in-game and lore. In-game you could see, right after Paladin-class was given to the Taurens that there were druids in Thunder Bluff discussing the matter about using power from the sun, just like they've been teached by the elves to use power from the moon in druidism.

Tauren priest in lore using both the sun(light) and the moon (shadow)
Tauren Paladins = Sunwalkers, warriors that got their powers from the sun.
4 Likes
The Light is the fundamental power of Human society

Isn't the Light more proper of the Dranei society? I mean, they existed long time before Humans and they know about the light way before a Human even existed, right?
5 Likes
11/11/2018 23:26Posted by Carbon
Isn't the Light more proper of the Dranei society? I mean, they existed long time before Humans and they know about the light way before a Human even existed, right?

Don't, you'll summon Arctur.

But yes, Zandalari Prelates make absolute complete lore sense, It has been explained many times, but a certain small group of people keep kicking their heels and screaming that Paladins should be Human only, or Alliance only, when the lore, quite simply, proves them wrong.

And yes, Humans did not 'discover' the Light, they're pretty much 'Johnny-come-lately' to that whole thing.

People also get weird about the Class name "Paladins are a human thing!"

So which is Jaina then, a Mage, or a Sorceress? I mean she is described as both, are we to take Class names as a canon thing now?

Its a nonsense, and you'll never see them complaining about human Shamans.... Strange that...
3 Likes
12/11/2018 00:01Posted by Brigante
Its a nonsense, and you'll never see them complaining about human Shamans.... Strange that...

Isn't it?
I have yet to see a thread made by Hordies :" Human shaman?Aren't you ridiculous?! Shaman is Horde thing, they're not primal enough. Also they will look ridiculous in iconic shaman tiers! (they will admittedly: https://i.imgur.com/7jFSMJu.png )

Frankly I don't care at this point, it won't be my problem if KTs will look silly in shaman gear. I'll have something to laugh at.
1 Like
It seems that some Trolls are still trying to defend their Paladin Zandalari brethren. Very well.

The Light is the fundamental power of Human society. Everything revolves around it, even now, with the most pious king this world has ever known. It is only natural that at some point in history, the zealots would take up the blade and fight for injustice.

But the Zandalari Trolls are heretics. They still pray to their idolatrous Loa who are nothing in comparison to the Light. The Zandalari are unable to comprehend the true beauty of it. They see the Light as nothing but some tool. Ha! They are not worthy of it. Only a few races can truly appreciate the Light for what it is - a beacon of hope, even in the darkest nights. A foundation for superior morality, a weapon of justice!

Mind your tongue, mon. You address your elders. Where was your Light when your little kingdoms died one by one - Gilneas, Lordaeron, Alterac, Stromgarde? Your god is a distant one, without a name or a face, because it is nothing but some celestial force which cares not for lowly mortal races such as yours.

Our gods, though? They are with us, and they love us. And that is why our kingdoms will always outlast yours.
10 Likes
In all seriousness, the Zandalari with their Mesoamerican aesthetic actually provides the Horde with holy warriors that actually look and act like paladins (unlike the Sunwalkers) while not being Alliance ripoffs (like the Blood Knights). That is great.
5 Likes
It is clear to me that Blizzard obviously has a Alliance bias. The kultiran human shamans are a metaphysical middle finger to the pious horde races, who are willing to sacrifice their lives for the noble goal of helping elementals and nature of azeroth
7 Likes
The Kultirans have a different religion (tidesage stuff), so the religious choice for Kultirans is obviously Shaman.
2 Likes
12/11/2018 07:19Posted by Edgyjojomeme
It is clear to me that Blizzard obviously has a Alliance bias. The kultiran human shamans are a metaphysical middle finger to the pious horde races, who are willing to sacrifice their lives for the noble goal of helping elementals and nature of azeroth

shhh, It looks like horde shamans are traitors, warchief will send dark rangers.
12/11/2018 04:19Posted by Anjun
Mind your tongue, mon. You address your elders. Where was your Light when your little kingdoms died one by one - Gilneas, Lordaeron, Alterac, Stromgarde? Your god is a distant one, without a name or a face, because it is nothing but some celestial force which cares not for lowly mortal races such as yours.

Looking at the track record of troll tribes and their empires, I find this hilarious.

THIS. LMAO.
12/11/2018 10:34Posted by Telriem

THIS. LMAO.

It's cool guys.
I asked Arctur to start working on his book early.
I think we are save for now.
12/11/2018 09:30Posted by Araphant
12/11/2018 04:19Posted by Anjun

Looking at the track record of troll tribes and their empires, I find this hilarious.

Troll empires might not be what they used to be, but they existed for thousand of years and they still maintained some of their power. Gurubashi razed Stormwind, and it would be in utter ruins if Medivh wouldn't intervene (which is funny considering that not so much later he would summon orcs to do exact same thing top kek).
3 Likes
12/11/2018 11:28Posted by Zakkaru
Gurubashi razed Stormwind, and it would be in utter ruins if Medivh wouldn't intervene (which is funny considering that not so much later he would summon orcs to do exact same thing top kek).

Crap, you summoned Arctur. Honestly, Medivh kinda abused the power of the Guardian there. It is supposed to be wielded against demons, not in a conflict between mortal races.
1 Like

But yes, Zandalari Prelates make absolute complete lore sense, It has been explained many times, but a certain small group of people keep kicking their heels and screaming that Paladins should be Human only, or Alliance only, when the lore, quite simply, proves them wrong.

And yes, Humans did not 'discover' the Light, they're pretty much 'Johnny-come-lately' to that whole thing.

So which is Jaina then, a Mage, or a Sorceress? I mean she is described as both, are we to take Class names as a canon thing now?

Palladins the actual lore Class is human and dwarff thing/name other races are only called palladin for gameplay.

Theyre simelair but also very different aswell.

But prelates have been thig for white now so dont get why people say they dont make Sense.
1 Like
12/11/2018 16:52Posted by Friscie

Palladins the actual lore Class is human and dwarff thing/name other races are only called palladin for gameplay.

Theyre simelair but also very different aswell.

But prelates have been thig for white now so dont get why people say they dont make Sense.

Because it is cool to hate on Blizzard.
I do agree that the Kul Tirans should be able to go Paladins.

But Paladin is now just a word defining a Holy Warrior, honestly. Yes, Humans and Dwarves are Paladins. But Blood Elves have Blood knights, an Order within the Blood Elf civilization. The Draeneis have Vindicators, who are, in fact, more like terrifying self righteous cops with hammers than priest warriors. The Taurens have the Sunwalkers, an order of Taurens who converted from their druidic lunar cult to the worshipping of a sun god.

It doesn't strike me as stupid lorewise to attribute to the Zandalari, the oldest race on Azeroth and the greatest troll civilization to ever be, a paladin class. Those trolls are smart, guys, they're not the tribal dumbass you may meet as adversary in the game. Not only this, but they are the chosen race of the Loas, powerful spirits that, for some, existed before the arrival of the Titans. They're basically the master race when it comes to trolls. That's a lot.

Now, considering balance, the Horde already has a !@#$load of Blood Elves paladins. Those trolls won't make a difference, and the Alliance got an additional shaman with the Kul'Tirans.
2 Likes