Zaqali Elders not dropping gear

The world boss is still bugged after weekly reset.

I am shocked that it is still not fixed and Blizzard let a new world boss bugged for 2 weeks.

Seen no news on this yet so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Blizzard fixing anything haha its been a year that world of warcraft having system freezes on few full AMD systems, and if asking for support on it for 184 days now im bassicly forced to quit or play on linux to avoid the issue.

1 Like

Still not drop this week.

Hey all,

I can confirm that we have received several reports for this issue, and that this was forwarded to our developers for investigation.

Unfortunately, we can’t confirm quite yet that there is a bug with this World Boss (while loot is RNG, if absolutely nobody is receiving anything, there is probably an issue somewhere however).

We apologize for any inconvenience while our developers work as quickly as possible to investigate this issue.

2 Likes

Yet another bug, yeah killed world boss too last 2 weeks on 9 alts and none of the groups i was in got any loot.

Im lost for words at this point on how many new bugs there is all the time. We shouldnt pay for testing a beta

3 Likes

LoL, i was wondering if something was wrong with this WB but couldn’t imagine Blizzard to wait for weeks to adress the issue.
I forgot that we are not in 2010 anymore :smile:

My main had leggings that dropped from this world boss a few weeks back.

When I killed them on my alt, also dropped leggings.

If there is a bug it must only be a recent thing 'cause they’re dropping loot for me.

Really?

Can you please go to wowhead and post a screenshot of the gear you got equipped on your character?

It must be one of the 8 pieces of gear that drop from these bosses.

I just did it again in a 40-man group and no gear showed in the chat, and I also received nothing.

This is the third time I have done this on 14 characters. That means 42 kills and not one drop for me and I have not seen a single drop on any of the 40 other players in the chat. That’s 1680 players that have done this and not received gear.

If we find one person that has received a drop from this event, that means that the event is working, but, it appears that the drop rate is less than 1/1000 which is completely irregular and ridiculous.

2 Likes

Many have reported that on the first week people were able to receive loot from those bosses on a very rare chance. After the first week nobody were able to receive loot.

It looks like if the related hidden quest to complete the weekly loot for a character were somehow bugged and does not reset with the weekly quest resets.

Thank you for all your reports. Rest assured, we’ve investigated the reports and have confirmed that the Zaqali Elders are still dropping their loot. These items will not be displayed in the public loot log due to the particular setup of the world boss encounter having multiple NPCs in it.

Did the world boss on all my chars again this week, and still haven’t seen any drop.

So what you are saying is that you have fixed the bug on this world boss ? And when did you do that ?

What they are saying is that they are not going to fix the “bug” of the new World Bosses dropping loot. They are simply saying “it doesn’t show in the public loot log” because they believe we will lap up that reason and believe them even though it’s complete nonsense.

Not showing drops for loot in the public log has never happened for ANY boss in Wow’s history.

They take us for fools.

1 Like

What if the loot is simply timegated like everything else? Loot not displaying in chat is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard so far.

Now for real, it took you only a month to notice something is wrong with https://www.wowhead.com/news/cobalt-shalewing-drop-rate-hotfixed-333396
so are you sure that the world boss encounter is dropping loot as intended?

Yeah, still not seen ANY loot from the drop table on multiple alts, over multiple weeks, this seems to be well outside the normal rng envelope, and I suspect is something still broken, this may be something a bit harder to track down, maybe server or account specific? I work in IT Dev for a major Fintech, and know these things aren’t always obvious and generic, so working for some, may not be working for all.

I have 11 level 70s and have done it now 50 times and not a single piece of gear. That means the drop chance for a single char would be once a year doing it every week.
If this is not a bug and is intentional, it’s a ridiculous precedence. I have asked in the chat if others have EVER gotten a piece of gear and they say never and no one has said yes. There is only one example of a person claiming to have received a piece of gear and that is on the forum. If this was just bad luck for a few, more people would be claiming to have gotten gear.
Again, how is this not simple to check the logs and see how many people have done this and how many have gotten gear? Please post this ratio to prove the claim that this is functioning properly.

I don’t know if it is bugged for everyone or only for some of us but It definitely bugged.

I Killed him around 50 times with alts from the start of the patch and it dropped 0 loots, and no I’m not the only one who is saying this.

Can you please look at it? It seems unrealistic a so low drop rate for items

To my best understanding only SOME people in EU are experiencing this problem, (the ones who got loots are from NA)

If they are not bugged isn’t the drop rate too low? I mean mounts are easier to farm than this gear.

Some quotes from Wowhead.

“Killing this/these world boss/bosses today got me a grand total of 6 gold. I’ve killed them every week they’ve been up and never got any loot. It’s becoming difficult to find groups on the group finder to kill them. It feels a bit… pointless.”
“Same here. 9 characters every week working out 72 times.”
“I have never gotten any loot from these bosses apart from a bit of cloth and gold, and never seen anyone else either. Going to stop farming these now - their loot table is clearly broken”

I would also like to say thanks for the blue post that admitted to half of the problem only a mere three weeks after the initial complaint even though it still hasn’t been fixed.

Amazing customer service.

This is a joke boys

7 weeks into the patch and the bug is still there

On the server Twisting Nether im pretty sure not a single piece of loot has dropped since patch realese