Zekvir on ? difficulty as a tank seems technically impossible

Let me preface by saying that I don’t expect to clear all content in the game at the start of a season. I also don’t expect the game to be catered to my every need and whim.

Brann was set up as a DPS initially, but this increased the HP of the eggs by 20%, so I reverted back to healer.

I’m playing a Blood DK currently at item level 613.5 with full tier set. I’m using a fully upgraded Hero weapon and have WeakAuras added to keep track of Zekvir’s abilities.

What I’ve found is that there is a massive DPS check on the Egg Cocoon / Spiders that spawn. At the time I’m writing this they have 19.5 million HP and exist in the boss arena (which is insanely cramped and small, mind you) for about 10 seconds prior to hatching. If you don’t kill the egg before it hatches the spawning spider will gain 50% of the HP of the egg.
Leaving the spider alive means that you now have to deal with a near constant stream of stuns preventing you from moving out from frontal attacks and fear from Zekvir himself. You might get away with cleaving down the spider if you’re lucky, but by the time you do another egg will spawn and you’ll be running on fumes.

I have yet to see a single tank that can output the necessary damage required to deal 19.5 million damage in 10 seconds.

I don’t really mind the other mechanics of the fight or the large health pools of Zekvir himself. That part feels fine, even if it’s slow any boring to do the same mechanics on repeat for 5-10 minutes. What I have a problem with is that the fight itself is left in such a messy state after the delve nerfs (and Brann nerfs specifically). I daresay that the fight is currently not possible as a tank or healer.

Could this be a l2p issue? Absolutely. If it is then I’d love to hear your tips and tricks on how to succeed. Right now the fight is a RNG nightmare and even if the stars align you are highly unlikely to succeed.

Please look into this.

EDIT: The title was supposed to indicate “??” difficulty, but I messed that up. Getting a new keyboard soon ™.

EDIT2: A new update went live today (September 27th 2024) which introduced a lot of changes to the Zekvir boss delve.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/zekvirs-lair-delve-tuning-nerfs-to-health-damage-and-adds-346930

As you say its purely a dps race. The mechanics are very basic, anyone can do that, not everyone has the ability/power to nuke the cocoons down fast enough though.

I can only get zekvir down to about 60% with my 600ilvl warrior. I hear Hunters are able to cheese the mechanics though.

I suspect there will be a nerf sooner than later because its currently next to impossible for a lot of people.

1 Like

?? Difficulty does not seem possible for now, there are in fact very few that have managed it in a legitimate way (that is after brann exploit was fixed). Have not tried recently with more gear but as you say the damage needed is very high

It’s not currently do-able by tanks. It’s pretty clear that they can’t come close to burning the egg down on time.

1 Like

Thanks for alpha-testing the gamr :upside_down_face:

Not doable by healers either.