Zekvir Delve Tuning is Now Live - 27 September

I made this thread about Zekvir a couple of days ago talking about my perceived issues with the fight.

After yesterday’s hotfix I have now spent about 4 hours trying the fight. My best attempt was ~5% into his second phase.

I am still struggling a lot with his casts overlapping. Often times he will send an egg to one side of the room randomly, then sit there and cast Spittle and frontals covering the egg completely.
If I interrupt his self-heal at 90% I only barely have my next interrupt up in time for his next cast - even with improved talents lowering the cooldown to 12 seconds. Once one of the self-heal casts go off it’s effectively over.

Furthermore the main issue is still being able to burst down the eggs. I can maybe get lucky and get 'em killed in time with milliseconds to spare, but if I am on one side of the room having to run to the spawn or it gets covered by a frontal, then there is no way to do enough damage to kill it in time.

Another issue is the lack of control over what Brann is doing. His dispells are completely random and he ignores the egg most of the time. If he’s engaged in combat then he’s more likely to eat a fear or a frontal for no good reason.

I’m honestly not sure what the hotfix was supposed to fix, because the fight feels identical except for Zekvir himself having about 5% less HP than before.

EDIT: As for Spittle being removed by snares, this is not the case (at least not for me as a Blood DK). I specced into Wraith Walk (Embrace the power of the Shadowlands, removing all root effects and increasing your movement speed by 70% for 4 sec. Taking any action cancels the effect.) which gives me the movement increase, but does not remove the debuff.

So far I’ve only found two ways to get rid of it as a Blood DK, which is AMS with Unyielding Will specced (Anti-Magic Shell’s cooldown is increased by 20 sec and it now also removes all harmful magic effects when activated.) or getting lucky with Brann dispells.
The best way for me has been to preemptively cast AMS to avoid having it land in the first place, but the cooldown of one minute often means that it will definitely land the next cast and I can’t spare the interrupt to stop it.
That leaves just sitting in Anti-Magic Zone having it absorb 14.4 million damage over 8 sec, but with how much you’re forced to move it’s not really a viable option to stay in the bubble.

I really don’t know what they expect us to do in this fight with all the RNG.

1 Like