Forced losing streaks: Yes it is a skill issue… my teams skill

My agenda?
I just don’t blame my team mates when I don’t play well.

I also watch games back to see how I could have helped more. Instead of crying about it a projecting on to others.

But you keep doing you. See how well it works for you.

I don’t exactly need to watch a game back to know were we went wrong was our tank refusing to play or players doing what I described. I’m sorry I didn’t hack my tanks computer and play for them aswell…. I will do better next time.

Lol. Must of been their fault. You definitely did nothing wrong.

Prove me wrong, give me the game code.

Feel free to add me if you don’t want others to judge your story.

I have no issue with being judged. I can’t carry a team without a tank who wont play because our Tracer is useless and won’t switch and I am definitely not embarrassed by that.

You want the game code so you can find one small mistake I may have made and say if I didn’t make it then I could have negated not having both a DPS and a Tank ?

No I want the game code so you can show me. I will look at both sides and all players.

Honestly, the way youve spoken incorrectly about the game… Ive no interest in helping you improve. So if I see you’re doing something wrong, I’ll just say it and move on.

I never claimed to be perfect and said I make mistakes multiple times, I don’t claim to be a top 500 player. But I am not speaking incorrectly, Everything I said is facts and have evidence to back it up.

Wether intentional or not, the matchmaking is absolutely atrocious. It’s actually a real shame because the rest of the teams working on the game are doing a fantastic job.

Every thing you’ve said it your interpretation of what went on.

As a player, like all of us, you’ll be incredibly biased and won’t see what’s truly going on, and when things aren’t going well you’ll look for easy excuses, rather than deal with the problem.

It’s just how we roll.

Like youve just done. The match maker isn’t doing anything wrong.

It doesn’t know who’s about to make mistakes, have a bad game, be ill, be tilted, position badly, pick the wrong hero for the comp… And many many other things.

Add me, send me the code. I’ve got football to watch and work to do.

I don’t interpret anything. I am matched with plat level players and unranked new players doing their placements in the same game, how is that my interpretation of events when… that’s just what happened. You still think I can carry games were players throw or refuse to play. Add the find a group feature back and I will be happy as f.

The matchmaker does know who is plat and who is doing placements tho, doesn’t it ?

He’s a consistent liar who isn’t able to backup what he says.

Regarding your huge novel written here. I completely agree with your experiences here, and have first hand experience of it.
I had a brilliant run of competent players just recently, and now I’ve ranked up…

Well… I’ve been treated to DPS who can’t manage over 2k dmg on a single half of a payload 3 pointer map, and another robot push map where a reaper/genji player ran off solo from the team and died consistently throughout the match with zero gamesense, and the other game was just a leaver part way through - :roll_eyes:

Unsure how MM puts me with these types of players who do not know the game - leaver aside…

I’m glad somebody else noticed this :rofl:

ye… sorry for making you read all that :crazy_face: I just hope something is done about the matchmaking soon so that we don’t have these experiences…

You are matched on MMR. What do you want it to do.

Whatever it does it isn’t working. Maybe the way MMR is being calculated is the root problem.

If that was the case, we’d of had sweeping changes years ago.

No sure what changes you’d like. If you have a game where someone, or you, performs badly. Their MMR drops a little, then next game they play with/against slightly lower MMR players.

Not sure it can do a lot more.

We’ve all had one sided games. They aren’t because of the match maker.

The games I won in a row I was performing quite well if I am being honest (not getting carried) I usually have a decent healing output while also getting a bunch of final blows, assists and denying ults with suzus playing kiriko. If anybody was carrying people it was probably me… So by your description I should have been matched with better players but they get worse.

Just to give some context and I know they are not directly comparable stats because they are earned against different skill level players and I am not trying to say I am as good as this player I want that to be clear… however I compared my stats to the top 1 support player in eu. My average stats per minute like healing,final blows etc are not much different from theirs and some of mine are even higher, so I know for a fact I am not exactly performing badly and slacking in that regard.

As for the one sided games, they are kinda the matchmakers fault. For example, the game were me and a plat support were matched with new players doing placements was very one sided… as you would expect. We barely got any healing done…. because they are running out and dying instantly and not really giving us any opportunity to heal them. Im not playing mercy so I can’t heal dead players and even if I was she no longer has mass revive (which I would have needed for this team). So am I get counted as playing badly and getting a lower MMR for having no healing output in a one sided game were its practically impossible for me to have healed any more than I did ?

Do they though.

A slightly higher MMR lobby, doesn’t mean people can’t have a bad game or make mistakes.

So they probably were better players, just didn’t play well. That isn’t a match maker thing. It can’t predict that.

You’re a support, so it won’t based your performance off your healing stats.

DMG, elims, saves, mitigation (for some supports), all things that count just as much.

Yes and my point is that when you compare my average stats in these areas to the number 1 player they are not much different… however if you look at my stats in the one sided games they will either be absolutely terrible or amazing depending on what side of the dice I rolled…

If I was on the team that got steam rolled all the time then yes it would indicate I am the problem but that’s not what happens, I am just as often on the team that is steam rolling the other team. The matchmaking is not creating even matches as often as it should so something is not working correctly. Wether that is the matchmaking or the MMR calculation algorithm I don’t know, but something is off….

The match maker is creating even matches, according to your MMR/SR

I guarantee you and steam rolls are down to synergistic, comp or position errors. Not match maker.

If you provide codes, I’ll show you.

I actually completely agree with you that composition and position etc are a big factor in the steam rolled games…. I feel I personally know when to switch to try and counter problem enemies and how to play the characters I pick (to a reasonable level). The Tracer we had that made the tank actually just stop playing didn’t even know the basics of the characters play style. They were just standing with the team trying to use her like a frontline DPS and not playing her like a flanker or trying to pick off /harass supports. Its difficult for me to believe that a player like that has the same MMR rank as I do when I have learnt the playstyles and counters of the characters since OW1 or that unranked new players have the same MMR as a plat player…. I will look through my history and try find some codes but it does reset and I will only have the latest games I played so I doubt I will find the codes for the games in question now, I don’t blame every loss on bad team mates…. but I will make sure I save the codes in future for the bot games.

For some more context in OW1 I placed into gold, not peaked at gold… I was placed into gold. In OW2 when I feel I am a much better player I had a bunch of leavers etc in my placements and got placed into Bronze 3. That was after the “fix” for the bug that placed everyone into Bronze 5.

That was a very blatant bug that Blizzard allowed to go into Production. It does make me wonder therefore the legitimacy of their Matchmaking, if something so blatant was allowed into the game.

With the players I see appearing in my lobbies it does look very pungent. Just had another game now where all DPS were around 12-15k dmg, yet one on my team had a measly 4.5 dmg.

Again, this is just an unhelpful anecdote. You need to provide more.

Map
Team Comps
What hero where they on

And even with all that, literally nothing to with anything other than 1 player just not having a good game. It happens. You have probably had some stinkers too, you don’t need to post about it online.