I'm tired of getting banned for no reason

First of all, i’m not crying or trying to get unbanned because i have many accounts to play with and i wan’t just to make clear why the automatic ban system is broken right now.

People, right now in the game, report you for playing a third dps, telling them just to swap hero and other things that shouldn’t get you banned.

I got banned after a competitive match with 3 friends and 2 random teammates that weren’t in the chat, how the hell did i harassed them in any way?

A good way to “fix” it would be to just mute people instead of banning them for abusive chat, right now people don’t report for gameplay sabotage if you troll a match, they report you for abusive chat because it’s the easiest way to get you banned.

i was endorsement level 4 and i got banned for abusive chat, that says a lot about how bad the endorsment system works btw.

4 Likes

I know how you feel bud… but Jeff caplan and the ovewatch team and blizzard as a whole are too busy trying to force it’s SJW hard on down your throat and push their pc compliant political adjenda to give two skites

They will learn when their company tanks like the comic book company’s did… till then… :slight_smile: I don’t want to set the world… on… fire!.. I just want to start… a flame in your heart…

Also as a pre-retort to atrophy and fat blue lizard… because we all know you got a 2 inch stiffy for this post… your opinions are garbage and no one cares what you have to say :smiley:

2 Likes

If you get banned for Abusive Chat even if you haven’t even communicated with your teammates write a ticket to Blizzard because if you’re speaking the truth your ban appeal will be accepted. However if you’re smoothing the edges and belittling your behavior it’ll get overturned an your account will remain suspended :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been banned for abusive chat and I don’t use any In game communication what so ever… I don’t use voice coms I don’t use typed chat I don’t use the emote wheel… but I got banned all the same

Opened a ticket… stated my case… and the respose I got from the Giant Masturbators “ahem” game masters was "non communication in a team based game is considered abusive chat… so… yeah… no… they won’t lift it even if you’re squeeky clean

1 Like

Huh this is news to me. I’d kinda understand if it was considered gameplay sabotage but it’s weird that not talking counts as abusive chat :thinking:

2 Likes

It was weird to me too… I argued till I was blue in the face but it did no good

Basically I have come to terms with this one and simple truth… if you are banned for any reason… guilty or not… the gm’'s will do nothing about it… almost as if they have to protect the integrity of their broken and insanely abusable report system over everything… guilty… non guilty… nothing matters but what the system has decided

And seeing as the system is fully automated and only takes into consideration amount of reports and not the reasons why or their context… we are all screwed

You attribute your ban to one match but that’s never the case. Bans are automatic and require someone to have been reported by a lot of people.

Also people do get muted for abusive chat but from what I know they don’t get banned for it. What they can ban you for is game play sabotage which most likely includes coms as those can’t be monitored.

In a nutshell: if you’re a cock in voice chat you’re disrupting the game I.e gameplay sabotage.

Learn to read before you white knight for this pisant pathetic company and community

I wasn’t talking to you.

Too bad I was talking to you… you could always ignore it if you don’t like it… “shrugs”

Yes, I know that you were talking to me that’s why I responded to you.

What I don’t get however is your need of putting in ‘‘shrugs’’ at the end of your posts. Do you feel that we wouldn’t adequately understand the way that you feel from your post alone ?

Nope… 13 characters

greedy blizzard isn’t going to spend money on a proper game support or listen to your complaints after you gave them your money. Thats why they delegated this job to a bunch of ingame bullies and autoban garbage, because it virtually doesnt cost them anything. Your only chance to respond to this bs is voting with your wallet, next time they launch a new product.

Having endorsement 4 doesn’t mean you can’t just randomly lose it and start swearing at people you know.

I do agree though. Blizzard need to stop being so lazy and cheap and actually review reports before action is taken. I swear, telling the community that if they accumulate ‘x’ amount of reports they will automatically be banned is absolutely genius, what on earth could go wrong.

1 Like

As a side note, this thread probably gets split into that other clusterduck of a thread.

While a ban is triggered when enough players have reported you, you can still appeal to it.The main problem why only really clean players get their ban lifted is because the CoC is rather vague:

When participating in communication of any kind (chat, voice communication, group finder), you are responsible for how you express yourself. You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.

Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions.

That “could” has a devastating meaning. It implies that anything that could offend someone yet everything could offend someone. Changing the “could” to an “is” would make the CoC more specific and clearer.

Nonetheless, most responses by the GM also 3 lines as an example of bad behavior and, no matter how you look at it, they all are offensive.

Something that is worth mentioning is how the report system works. We all know that it’s fully automated but there are some things we don’t know:

• Only one report of the same player counts.
  • Reports decay over time.
  • When silenced, no reports will count.

This would imply that you actually have to make a lot of players upset to get banned but we don’t know that since it’s unknown how many reports are required to trigger a warning.

Also,

This does sound a bit fishy to me. There are multiple reports where players got banned for gameplay sabotage because they weren’t communicating with their team but chat abuse? This would even contradict the code of conduct itself.

i got banned for abusive chat twice, first ban in June and the second ends the 27th of September, both were 15 days long.

Based on the CoC:

Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions.

Quick question: have you ever got silenced before?
If yes, then the greater penalty is due to repeated violations.
If no, then you actually caused some serious discord with your language and behaviour than you think.

1 Like

i got muted once and my account got suspended one time before that ban.

I never call people djckhead or other shjt, i’ve never wished cancers or any tipe of disease to my teammates, in general i usually don’t insult people.
About two weeks ago, i told a guy if he could switch pharah because the enemies were playing Mccree and Widowmaker, he wrote in the chat to report me for abusive chat because i was being toxic, after that game, my endorsement level dropped from 4 to 3 and the day after i got a warning.
That match got me banned probably.

At least this means that you violated the CoC repeatedly.

This has nothing to do with the reports. When you get penalized for reports, you will lose endorsement. However, that only occurs right after the penalty is triggered. What you experienced is a simple endorsement decay, possibly due to not receiving enough endorsements per match or disconnects in running matches.

I rather don’t want to reply to that part because whether a ban is justified is completely subjective. All I would do is tell you my opinion which won’t help that much.

All I will say is that a penalty is only triggered when enough different players report you for chat abuse. This part makes me really suspicious of the complainers because if so many players complain about your behavior, there must be something wrong.

Usually, when you appeal for a penalty lift and the GM denies your appeal, they show you 3 reported lines as an example of how your behavior broke the CoC. Appealing for a ban light might show you what you did wrong in their point of view and maybe they consider you clean and actually lift the penalty.

In before someone tells you that this game is only played by 12 yo and that everyone will randomly reports you non stop for anything.