[RP-PvP] Kalimdor in Flames

Would it be accurate to say that individuals needn’t worry about which faction they belong to, now that the scales have evened out?

1 Like

Yeah pretty much!

1 Like

Yay!

I’m just sad I’ll run late for the first event :sob:

Atleast most of the rest of the week I can make!

Corrected that for you :stuck_out_tongue: :+1:

2 Likes

Two more days!

Map

Faction Locations

Shadowprey Village (Horde Base)

The troll village of Shadowprey is used as the main staging ground for the Horde’s assault. It has been sufficiently fortified and a direct attack seems implausible to survive.

Furion’s Post (Horde Base)

With help from the forces in Shadowprey this outpost has received a plethora of supplies in order to be the Horde’s forward base with a look at Nijel’s Point in the distance.

Nijel’s Point (Alliance Base)

The main base of the Alliance in Desolace. Due to its strategic location and fortifications it is discouraged to ever launch a direct attack towards it.

Thargad’s Camp (Alliance Base)

The Alliance’s forward base that watches over Shadowprey Village in the distance. It has recently received some reinforcements from Nijel’s Point due to its close proximity to the Horde.

Points of Interest

Gelkis Village

The centaur are not as great as they once were, the same can be said for those of the Gelkis Clan. They care not for the petty squabbles between the Alliance and the Horde but the faction that proves itself strong enough may receive a boon from them.

Maraudon

The Maraudine who still dwell in the Valley of Spears are few and when faced with overwhelming might retreat into the deepest recess of Maraudon to fend off any invaders. That does leave the factions with a relatively free crossing through the mountains. For those brave enough Maraudon may hold treasures of unknown power.

Mannoroc Coven

Even many years later fel corruption corrupts the lands, and not all demons have been vanquished. A few still roam, trying to spread their vile taint and form a coherent force… though often fail at such. Ancient highborne relics can still be found in ruins, corrupted or not… does it really matter in war?

Thunder Axe Fortress

Though the Twilight Hammer has long been eradicated their fortress still stands. Whispers tell anyone nearby of gifts left behind by the cult’s former masters. Would it be worth it to pursue these unholy relics?

Magram Territory

Much like the Gelkis Clan those of the Magram Clan are not as strong as they once were but through a show of strength they may be inclined to let the factions pass… perhaps even trade ancient artifacts of power.

Sargeron

A handful of satyr still remain deep within Sargeron, brooding and plotting their next scheme. Yet they hold back from attacking any passing armies, likely waiting for an opportune moment to strike as well as guard their treasured possessions.

Strategic Points

The Battlegrounds

The long stretch of land south of Furion’s Post has been given the name of the “The Battlegrounds” for its many open spaces making it ideal for a grand battle to take place. A bridge within the confines of the zone is of strategic importance as it allows forces to easily cross into Maraudine territory.

The Graveyard

The Kodo Graveyard serves as another bottleneck that either faction can use to reach various nearby zones. The tauren from Ghost Walker Post refuse to participate in any conflicts due its close proximity to the Cenarion Wildlands.

Southern Crossroads

The Southern Crossroads hold Scrabblebrew’s Camp which has been largely abandoned since whispers of war reached the area. It serves as an excellent point to hold in order to control north-eastern Desolace.

Northern Crossroads

The terrain surrounding the Northern Crossroads favours the defenders greatly with plenty of hills and even a few ruins. Plenty of chokepoints will undoubtedly help hold back the enemy forces should they approach

7 Likes

Alliance

A call to arms has been sounded across the borders, those willing and devoted to the defense of our Grand Alliance, a meeting has been set up for the leaderships of each party

To all the Commanders and Officers under their leadership.

We must organize and plan for the coming defense and thus i call on a meeting council at Nijel’s Point. The enemy wont be idle and so we cannot either. The Alliance must stand united and strong against any aggression, let the Horde know the folly in their threats.

Bring your might down upon them, gather your arsenals and rally the warriors to arms. If this Warhost of raiders and defilers wont respect the treaty? Then the Alliance shall incline by giving them steel and blood.

For the Alliance.

Knight Champion and High Warden, Samuel C. Forge

When? Sunday, 23rd of August at 8PM server time.

Where? Nijel’s Point

Who can come? Two Representatives of each guild’s leadership.

2 Likes

Just to pose a question as it seems unlikely we’ll be amongst the ‘accepted’ alliance guilds, are we still allowed to turn up and take part in the RP / RP-PvP?

1 Like

This looks very cool! I’m happy to see RP-PvP thrive - I hope you guys have a lot of fun, and I’m just a tiny little gutted to miss out! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I would say you can show up for RP! Though you may be asked not to participate in RP-PvP if it does turn out the Alliance outnumbers the Horde.

1 Like

If the battles are determined by a roll before they happen, surely then, numbers make for little difference?

1 Like

I agree when it’s a small number difference, but since we only have a rough estimate it is perfectly possible on some evenings the Alliance might have a lot more people. When you have 10v18 battles (as an example) it starts getting a bit harder to work around it while keeping the end result believable.

1 Like

Fair enough! Sorry for the silly questions, it’s the first time i’m taking charge of a guild and getting involved in anything server related!

2 Likes

Glad to see that RP-PvP is alive and well, I would love to attend with the Seventh but I fear our schedule will not allow it. I’ll make sure to come down on my Night elf or Orc however and get invovled in some camp RP. Good luck with the event, looks awesome!

1 Like

Opening up Horde for 1 more guild. :triumph:

Spread the word, join the carnage!

2 Likes

More trolls please ty

1 Like

Looking forward to this. Those savage elves will be taught the price for defying the hard-won peace.

1 Like

Rules of Engagement

This is restricted RP-PvP with a heavy focus on emotes . So have a couple of Elixir of Tongues (bought in Legion Dalaran) and Cross RP addon installed for maximum enjoyment!

• Flavour abilities are fine to use . Does your character slam down on the enemy? Press that Slam button!
  • No CC , AoE is allowed within reason. If you see a lower level character on the enemy side, just don’t AoE at all.
  • Healing is unlimited , the point is not to bring the opponent to 0 HP .
  • If you are being nuked down calmly report it to the leader of your group who stays in touch with the leader on the opposite side.

Zones & Mechanics

Prior to the engagement both leaders face off against each other with rolls to determine the winner of the battle.
Note: if both leaders agree it makes more sense/more fun to ignore the outcome of the roll battle you may deviate from it. E.g.: the ‘losing’ side fought admirably and get the win in the end.

If you wish to contest a zone a minimum of 10 participants are required! The GMs behind the scenes will work to ensure a fair battle on both sides (with at most 2-3 people outnumbering the other side).
Note: depending on actual numbers present this may change!

In the event of one side heavily outnumbering the other a few RP-PvE scenarios are open to explore (or feel free to come up with something yourself!). See the Points of Interest for details on which zones to go to. Another roll will decide whether you successfully find an artefact of power which can be used the following day(s) to get a +10 to your engagement roll.

FAQ

Q: Warmode ON or OFF?
A: Warmode is OFF, just toggle PvP!

Q: Corruptions allowed?
A: No, especially not those causing damage.

4 Likes

Last minute post i know but is there still room? I’d only be bringing myself or maybe one more. In any case i wish you guys a lot of fun.

2 Likes

As individual? Sure, come on in!